As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 Attendees Map AND Where You're From Discussion

• FireboltQuaffleFireboltQuaffle Registered User new member
    I added my data to the map! Just wanted to make a post so I would remember I put my location down. :)

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    Submitted!!

• KomiKomi Registered User regular
    Tossed mine on, feelin' awesome.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Added! Glad to see lots of Pittsburgh folks - perhaps a pre-PAX meetup is in order!

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Added! It looks like I'll be the first Ohioan.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    Submitted! I hope I did that right... Bethlehem, PA here!

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    Submitted! Good to see other people from CNY going!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• treezatreeza Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

@treeza your submission only included Lat, and not Long, so you will need to re-submit your entry.

Sorry about that. :oops: Have re-submitted. Hope it's okay this time. Thanks!

• melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    I just submitted mine. Hope I did it right. Ohio in the house!

• cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    Submitted mine. I'm a Saint Louis native, currently living in a tiny farm town (Albany, MO) and moving all the way to South Korea in February. So, I'll be travelling from my new home abroad. I'm frightened of what the plane tickets are going to cost me but... worth it! :D

• jozjoz Registered User new member
    edited October 2012
    I pulverized the record.
    edit
    I just read the comment above, damn.

joz on
  • PascualPascual Registered User regular
    Nooooo! I gotta take a screen cap fast so I can treasure the moment forever.

• gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    1) GO HERE: http://www.getlatlon.com/ and get the latitude and longitude of where you want your marker to go. You do this by dragging the map around. The crosshairs in the middle indicate from where the Lat/Long is being derived. It's dirt simple, thankfully.

This website seems to be down, or at least it's not working for me. Luckily, you can use google maps to get lat / long as well... find the address you want to get the coordinates of, right-click on that spot, and hit "What's Here?". The coordinates will show up in the search bar, like so:
    ISv08.jpg

On that note, adding mine now :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Updated!

Added:
    SnazzyGent
    dmautz
    FireboltQuaffle
    fullofgrace
    Thirteen
    ShatteredReality
    kiki_lou
    Komi
    aikoe
    nataliepi
    Lazorz
    griff6659
    treeza
    melzway
    douglasbouttell
    Cynthetic
    hadiwist
    Old Red Ink
    joz
    420xXxWhiteBoyXxXx
    revengeanceful
    browncoatbeth
    Randomfool
    Jerkfish
    gerafin

People were added to: DC, IL, MA, MN, NC, NH, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, Ontario, Quebec, Italy, South Korea, The UK

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @cynthetic at 6,826.95 miles

gerafin wrote: »
    1) GO HERE: http://www.getlatlon.com/ and get the latitude and longitude of where you want your marker to go. You do this by dragging the map around. The crosshairs in the middle indicate from where the Lat/Long is being derived. It's dirt simple, thankfully.

This website seems to be down, or at least it's not working for me. Luckily, you can use google maps to get lat / long as well... find the address you want to get the coordinates of, right-click on that spot, and hit "What's Here?". The coordinates will show up in the search bar, like so:
    ISv08.jpg

On that note, adding mine now :)

Thanks for this info, I'll update the OP with it until (if?) the other website comes back up. I hope it does come back, because it was ultra simple and did exactly what I wanted for this sort of thing.

• jozjoz Registered User new member
    Thanks for this info, I'll update the OP with it until (if?) the other website comes back up. I hope it does come back, because it was ultra simple and did exactly what I wanted for this sort of thing.
    There are plenty of substitutes out there, check this one out i.e.: itouchmap.com/latlong.html

joz wrote: »
    There are plenty of substitutes out there, check this one out i.e.: itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Yeah, I had looked around last year when I started forcing users to find their own lat long and what I really like about the solution I had picked is that the crosshairs are stationary. All the other solutions have more opportunities for failure.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular

Yeah, I had looked around last year when I started forcing users to find their own lat long and what I really like about the solution I had picked is that the crosshairs are stationary. All the other solutions have more opportunities for failure.

in other words, zerzhul has no faith in us.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote: »

in other words, zerzhul has no faith in us.

Not what I said at all ;)

Previously my verification process was much more involved, now I just make sure that the lat/long match the country/province that's entered in the form. If I'm more certain that there weren't mistakes, I can go faster. For east last year it took me about a full minute per entry, or more. Now it's much much less. Of course some of that is due to me now knowing certain states' lat/long ranges from doing this three times now.

• P.D.B. FishsticksP.D.B. Fishsticks Ohio, USARegistered User regular
    Yet another Ohio entry submitted.

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    Submitted, quite a few people in the DC Metro Area already I see.

• Pure DinPure Din Boston-areaRegistered User regular
    Can I submit multiple locations to the map? I live in Rhode Island but I've been alternating weekends in Boston since my bf moved there for work (plus it feels weird to put down "local" from a location at least 50 miles away).

• SpYkMoSpYkMo Registered User regular
    just submitted. i hope i did it right, cause i removed the - on google maps and it had me in Krygzerstan.
    Another Local!!

Pure Din wrote: »
    Can I submit multiple locations to the map? I live in Rhode Island but I've been alternating weekends in Boston since my bf moved there for work (plus it feels weird to put down "local" from a location at least 50 miles away).

I only list one placemark per person. If someone submits a second placemark, it will override the first.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Hoorah submitted. Hello fellow Brits!~

pax%20sig.png
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Submitted, actually going to be an interesting trip this year as on March 11 I am taking the train from Framingham to Boston to Birmingham, AL, visiting my grandmother for a week, and then taking the train back up to Boston with just enough time to grab my (already packed) computer for BYOC between getting home and checking in to the hotel.

JfqWFk8.png
  • UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Submitted. Not sure if done right though

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    yay team ohio!

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    Done! I only wish more Orlando-ians were active on the forums. I dream of one day having a PAX East plane out of MCO.

• JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Submitted! And i'm not the first from Texas!?! All right! :D

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Done! I only wish more Orlando-ians were active on the forums. I dream of one day having a PAX East plane out of MCO.

Went to college in Orlando, so glad I got out of there.

• Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    Amazed that there are other people in Pennsylvania, let alone other PAX goers!

Also, apparently I was drinking beer within about a quarter mile of the next closest PAX-ite last weekend, so that's cool

mrheist-wide.png
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Moocifer wrote: »
    I'll be submitting mine tomorrow! I live an hour or so south of Buffalo in Western NY. I was pleased to already see Hoth on the map! Team Hoth forever!

Zerzhul, I'm so glad you escaped. Haha.

You can escape Hoth too! WE CAN ALL ESCAPE HOTH!

Pfff... You guys adopted Hoth. I was born (and still live) in it.

Also, submission sent.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
    Frugus wrote: »
    Moocifer wrote: »
    I'll be submitting mine tomorrow! I live an hour or so south of Buffalo in Western NY. I was pleased to already see Hoth on the map! Team Hoth forever!

Zerzhul, I'm so glad you escaped. Haha.

You can escape Hoth too! WE CAN ALL ESCAPE HOTH!

Pfff... You guys adopted Hoth. I was born (and still live) in it.

Also, submission sent.

I was born and raised in Erie, PA. That's about as consistently snow-covered as it gets in the northeast USA. I'm finally living somewhere NOT in the snow belt =D

• shadowfaeshadowfae Registered User regular
    Submitted mine!

• MeggoWafflesMeggoWaffles Registered User new member
    Columbia, NJ submitted!

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Nice to see Jersey being represented. There was only like 3 or 4 of us last year

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Only myself and one other from NYC, surprised.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    there will be more, I'm sure! nyc is a popular origin for pax train usually.

zer thanks for doing this again!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    Also as I always try to point out repeatedly, this is only a cross section of the forum population. While it certainly shows some of the broad spread of attendee locations, it's certainly not a good indicator of how many people from a given zone go to PAX.