As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The House Of [Phalla]nstein - Game Over - Monster & Neutral jdarksun & MrT Victories!!!

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Can I join the mafia?

• MillMill Registered User regular
    I know one of the criticisms in the last game was that there weren't enough kills, but wow.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    oOoOooOoOOooOoOoo

5527389085_68e1363aef.jpg

For Lord K

OoOooOOoOoOOoOoO

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Woah....woah... woah!

Guys, I'm gonna need backup. Like the rest of the franchise backup..... o.o

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    aroOOOOOooooOOOOoooo

Was that a silver stake?

arooooOoOoOoOOooOooOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Coulda swore @jdarksun put @Kilnaga two votes in the lead.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Anialos wrote: »

Well clearly a Vote Manipulator out there loves me. :D

Alternately, Stever can't maths.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Yeah i thought he panicked and put kilnaga up on top again. I was just going by what people said since I'm too lazy to count on my own, though. Maybe my own spreadsheet would be prudent.

Yeah i thought he panicked and put kilnaga up on top again. I was just going by what people said since I'm too lazy to count on my own, though. Maybe my own spreadsheet would be prudent.

Ohh, no. I definitely should have died with where the votes were.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Yes, the question is who saved you?

Yes, the question is who saved you?

Not me.

- Terence McKenna
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    oOoOoOoOoOo

Why I oughtta

OoOoOoOoOoO

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Can I join the mafia?
    I disengage the safety on my pistol.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Can I join the mafia?

No.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Maybe there are only three mafia and they each have a kill to compensate.

edited October 2012
    Day 1 votes
    Kilnaga: 8 (Anialos, Mill, Delmain, SaberOverEasy, blahmcblah, Matev, ObiFett, SLyM, Langly, jdarksun)
    SLyM: 6 (Delphinidaes, Zombie Hero, SLyM, Kilnaga, kime, Egos, Megafrost, jdarksun
    Kime: 3 (Kilnaga, MrTLicious, Egos, Matev, Typhus733, SLyM)
    TheRoadVirus: 2 (Maximus, Cythraul)
    ObiFett: 2 (Sir Fabulous, jdarksun, Shiny New Toys)
    SaberOverEasy: 2 (TheRoadVirus, ObiFett)
    Megafrost: 1 (The Anonymous)
    MrTLicious: 1 (SaberOverEasy, warban)
    Langly: 1 (Assuran)
    Typhus733: 1 (Koan)
    Premium: 1 (Gizzy)
    Zombie Hero: 1 (premium)
    Matev: 1 (Kaplar)
    Shiny New Toys: 0 (ObiFett)
    Delmain: 0 (SLyM, Typhus733)

I hate having to do the vote count, damn monsters had to kill Megafrost. Give me a heads up if I screwed something up.

Mill on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Silver of the moon.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    You missed my vote for matev.

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Holy crap that was a lots of death!

Holy crap that was a lots of death!

Lots of death and blatant vote manipulation*

- Terence McKenna
  • Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Not even counting the at least +3 vote switch we had 3 mafia kills, 2 village and 1 SK,
    eep in a 30 person game that is 20% stabbiness

Assuming we can trust the narration for where kills came from.

Shiny New Toys on
    Not even counting the at least +3 vote switch we had 3 mafia kills, 2 village and 1 SK,
    eep in a 30 person game that is 20% stabbiness

Assuming we can trust the narration for where kills came from.

Well, one of the mafia kills was attributed to the wolfman, who we killed last night. So we should have at least one less kill tonight hopefully.

- Terence McKenna
    Thinking about the vote manipulation as Slym was 2 behind Kilnaga the person would only have to move it up to a draw to possibly target SlyM
    The people who voted for SlyM were
    Kilnaga, Zombie Hero, Egos, kime, Megafrost, Delphinidaes.

ZH called a kill so probably doesn't have vote manipulation as well
    Megafrost was a mason so similar reasoning
    Egos was named as a villager, so no special powers for him.

So for vote manipulation, Kilnaga, kime or Delphinidaes is my short list.
    This is assuming that the vote manipulation is a +x on their current vote, not a PM me your actual vote that counts for x

Thinking about the vote manipulation as Slym was 2 behind Kilnaga the person would only have to move it up to a draw to possibly target SlyM
    The people who voted for SlyM were
    Kilnaga, Zombie Hero, Egos, kime, Megafrost, Delphinidaes.

ZH called a kill so probably doesn't have vote manipulation as well
    Megafrost was a mason so similar reasoning
    Egos was named as a villager, so no special powers for him.

So for vote manipulation, Kilnaga, kime or Delphinidaes is my short list.
    This is assuming that the vote manipulation is a +x on their current vote, not a PM me your actual vote that counts for x

Yeah, if it is a form of weighted vote manipulation, the list of possibilities as to the culprit is rather small. However, it could be a form of vote negation, or some kind of combination of both. Really no way to know for sure at this point.

- Terence McKenna
    @Kilnaga you get the feeling we are the only ones awake? :P

It is quite possible. I'm awake all night, this is closing in on bed time for me. :P

- Terence McKenna
    Whereas I'm in the UK and this is like 12:50 for me. I love half term!

Cool, updated the vote to fix the mistakes. I hope it isn't still missing votes. Yeah, I'm thinking what we're dealing with is either one or a combination of the following:

1. Weighted vote manipulation. I'm pretty sure this is involved. We could have up to two vote manips. If there are two, I'm willing to bet one is mafia.
    2. Vote negation. It's possible, narration might not indicate tied votes and a weighted vote manip on SLyM with a vote negation on Kilnaga would result in a tied.
    3. Given the background, I'm willing to entertain the idea of a role, say ghost, where instead of the vote counting as one, it counts as zero.

• Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    OoOoOOOoOo
    More like Frankenjerk
    :(
    OoOooOOoOO

• KoanKoan Registered User regular
    Well poop on toast and serve it for breakfast, I couldn't stay up for narration and woke up to a slaughter.

We all got Monster Mashed.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Other possibilities:

1. Monster votes count as zero, which means there is at least one more mafia on the nagawagon. They may or may not know.
    2. Kilnaga is a vote immune SK

My guess is that there are more mafia than the three, maybe with the vote manip power or something else nasty besides vig. We'll see.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    3 vigs and 'something nasty' seems like it stacks the odds against us, no? they must have some weird-ass handicap to make up for it. Or I'd hope so, at least.

In my Dr. Horrible game I had two people whose votes counted as 3 instead of 1. Maybe something similar is in play here? A mafia one and a village one? I mean, ties are RNGed, so if someone voted on the slym wagon and their vote counted as 3, then it would have brought it to a tie, yeah?

Without a little more to go on, it's gonna be shooting in the dark for the time being, sadly.

• KoanKoan Registered User regular
    Other possibilities:

1. Monster votes count as zero, which means there is at least one more mafia on the nagawagon. They may or may not know.
    2. Kilnaga is a vote immune SK

My guess is that there are more mafia than the three, maybe with the vote manip power or something else nasty besides vig. We'll see.

Both theories are possible, but from long time player experience which is more likely? I have seen (in the past 2 months) two phallas with specials that have the ability to be saved from the first attempt to vote them out, but none with a null vote mechanic for mafia.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kilnaga you get the feeling we are the only ones awake? :P
    I'm awake, I'm awake.

If this were a modern horror movie you guys would have looked for a place to make out. And been promptly eaten while doing so. Kudos for your restraint, responsible teens!

A traditional mafia is 15% - 20% which would be 4-6 but then a traditional mafia doesn't have quite so many kills.

If someone did shift the vote, they did it to save Kilnaga,
    If he is vote immune the first time that could mean something nasty if he is not vote out again.

Despite nearing vote close it looked very close there was very little shifting of votes, with only 8 people changing their votes in all of Day 1. 2 people switching off Kilnaga,(Obi and Matev) and 3 people switching onto Kilnaga (jdarksun, SlyM and Saber)
    I originally was thinking that maybe someones previous votes also counted, but it doesn't work with the numbers.

If this were a modern horror movie you guys would have looked for a place to make out. And been promptly eaten while doing so. Kudos for your restraint, responsible teens!

Where we I have put my pitchfork and flaming torch while this make out occurred?
    Seconds thoughts don't answer that!

Where we I have put my pitchfork and flaming torch while this make out occurred?
    Seconds thoughts don't answer that!

Ever heard about a position called the eternal.flame?

First you <whisper> and then he <whisper> and then you grab <whisper> and then it goes over your head

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    OoOOoOooOOoooOOoOOOooOOoOOOooOO

I believe this is my very first day one death! (*)

OoOOoOooOOoooOOoOOOooOOoOOOooOO