As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

San Diego Comic-Con News Thread

1234568»

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    because none of Whedon's X-Men were like stereotypical Whedon characters

I really liked Sassy Teenage Girl 1 and Sassier Teenage Girl 2, as well as Wizened Badass Paternal Figure and Simpleminded Funny Guy.

I guess I could kind of see the Kitty - Buffy analogy there, although Kitty isnt a teenager anymore and she's not nearly as jaded as adult Buffy was.

None of those other descriptions fit any of the other X-Men in that book though.

Sassier teenage girl: Armor?

wizened badass paternal figure: Cyclops?

simpleminded funny guy: Wolverine?

Cyclops is a paternal figure to who.

Hell Wolverine is closer to that than anyone else.

To all the X-Men. he's the team leader.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Team Leader is not synomous with father figure.

Xavier is the father figure of the X-Men, he always has been and he always will be.

Though you could make a case for Logan having that relationship with Kitty and Jubilee.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

Xavier is the father figure of the X-Men, he always has been and he always will be.

Though you could make a case for Logan having that relationship with Kitty and Jubilee.
    Eh

The X-Men are pretty pissed at him right now, right?

At least Cyclops is as far as I know. Even though he did fight Hulk for him.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »

Eh

Yeah the X-Men are pissed off at him. I dont see how that does anything other than lend creedance to what I said though cause thats usually what happens with father figures in dramatic storytelling.

I mean shit, LOST is way more about daddy issues than smoke monsters.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

Eh

Yeah the X-Men are pissed off at him. I dont see how that does anything other than lend creedance to what I said though cause thats usually what happens with father figures in dramatic storytelling.

Well, I'm just saying that they're pissed at him, so he's not the paternal figure right now.

If I could pick anyone it would be Scott.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Eh

Well, I'm just saying that they're pissed at him, so he's not the paternal figure right now.

If I could pick anyone it would be Scott.

Why does them being at mad at him remove him from that. Thats kind of the whole reason they are mad at him.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Hey, you got them all. Though you could just as easily sub in Xavier for the badass paternal figure role after he drove a semi truck into Danger. I should note though that just because Whedon tends to stick to certain general character personality templates doesn't me I dislike the book. I'm not a huge fan or anything, just because I never particularly cared for the X-Men, but it's a very entertaining read.

Munch on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Hey, you got them all. Though you could just as easily sub in Xavier for the badass paternal figure role after he drove a semi truck into Danger. I should note though that just because Whedon tends to stick to certain general character personality templates doesn't me I dislike the book. I'm not a huge fan or anything, just because I never particularly cared for the X-Men, but it's a very entertaining read.

YAY

I AM THE WINNER

Bloods End on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Found this on Newsarama: 44 things said at the Spotlight on Warren Ellis panel.

There's a few interesting things in there, a webcomic by Ellis produced by Avatar being the first eye catcher for me.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There are a few videos from that Warren Ellis panel on Youtube. But good luck trying to understand anything he's saying, the sound quality is horrible.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The second best thing in San Diego is the Hall of Justice:

hallofjustice.jpg

The best best thing...

is its food court:

hojFoodCourt.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!