As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIFT] ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT (kinda the same though) THREAD OF RIIIIIIII

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    They'll also be unveiling the new Rogue Soul, the Tactician. According to the little blurb in the email, it uses all sorts of fun Empyrean tech and gadgets.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    They'll also be unveiling the new Rogue Soul, the Tactician. According to the little blurb in the email, it uses all sorts of fun Empyrean tech and gadgets.

SOLD. TAKE MY MONEY TRI...

...wait, you already have. <_<

Also interested to see what the hell the Cleric soul does this weekend, although I'm unclear if there's a NDA running for it or not.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    There is an NDA.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I'm just hoping it'll have pre-mades to use since none of my dudes are at 50 and I assume there's jack and shit for the sub-50 players beyond the new souls.

I don't think there are pre-made characters to use, as there aren't any for the regular PTS stuff, but you should be able to participate in a bunch of new stuff with sub-50s, like Dimensions and the new souls. If you're kinda close to 50, try doing a bunch of IAs before tomorrow and you should be able to hit it pretty quickly.

@hoodiethirteen
    Nah, not even close. I'm trying to hit 50 by the time the expansion actually launches but at the moment my highest characters are in the 20s.

15 or so hours of IAs with experience potions should get you to 50 with a character.

@hoodiethirteen
    I've got like, 27 of those potions...I guess that'd be plenty.

IA tips:

-You only get XP for kills and such when you're near the mob when it dies. For things such as activated or collected items, you'll get XP no matter where you are.
    -You get more XP the lower level you are compared to the IA. Try mentoring yourself down to 10 or 11 and joining the IA group afterwards.
    -Rested XP is your best friend, but don't just quit when you run out of RXP. Keep going, and log out in a city when you're done for the day.
    -Always grab the IA daily from Meridian/Sanctum.

@hoodiethirteen
    If anyone else is going to be playing on the beta server, you should totally join the old /pennyarcade channel so we can actually talk about stuff.

Because I really want to talk about things.

persona4celestia.jpg
    If I were in a beta, I would join that channel!

@hoodiethirteen
    edited October 2012
    The Tactician has flamethrowers. :D (Mentioned in the stream, so I'm guessing it's safe to talk about.)

Main soul 4 lyfe.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I didn't really get much time at all with the beta this weekend.

I really wish they'd have provided level 50 templates so I could've seen the new areas :(

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So....I haven't played Rift since release. But housing is my one true weakness. Has there been any good info on how complex the housing will be? I've seen the trailer and I've been browsing around looking for some info. Is it going to be more like LOTRO, with its grid based decorating (and prohibitively expensive costs) or , hopefully, like the superior and amazing EQ2 housing? I'd totally start playing if it's closer to the latter.

EDIT - Hot...as soon as I posted this, I found a video showing what looks like freeform placement and scaling. Mmmmmmmmm.

vamen on
    Next beta weekend: Oct 19'th - 24'th.

persona4celestia.jpg
    And sadly, I can't beta it up this weekend. For basically the ENTIRE stretch of time.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    So....I haven't played Rift since release. But housing is my one true weakness. Has there been any good info on how complex the housing will be? I've seen the trailer and I've been browsing around looking for some info. Is it going to be more like LOTRO, with its grid based decorating (and prohibitively expensive costs) or , hopefully, like the superior and amazing EQ2 housing? I'd totally start playing if it's closer to the latter.

EDIT - Hot...as soon as I posted this, I found a video showing what looks like freeform placement and scaling. Mmmmmmmmm.

oh my god, where? this could finally get the boyfriend into rift

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    also does anyone know if storm legion comes with a free month?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    As far as I know, if you buy the expansion as a standalone you get a free month. Not 100% on that though.

Come back, Fargg! ID needs one or two more rogues who aren't awful and can actually bard. And barding just got REALLY easy.

@hoodiethirteen
    I'll come back but I can't ID until you do it on Friday/Saturday like sane people!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Sane? Man I got shit to do on the weekends.

Show up for HK at the very least. HK has literally not happened in a month because of people being dumb and not showing up.

@hoodiethirteen
    I can do HK because I can stay up to the wee hours on the weekend sure

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

oh my god, where? this could finally get the boyfriend into rift

The video Screech posted has some in it.
    Here is the one I saw:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKeXqsLoKp8&amp;feature=player_embedded

The pre-Storm Legion patch "Tempest Rising" (aka 1.11) is live. Patch Notes from RiftJunkies.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Sixty pages of class notes. I love it.

Although, hope no one liked DPSing as a rogue, cause you suck now. At least until Tactician comes out, or they rebalance rogues.

@hoodiethirteen
    What would be the ideal leveling setup for a rogue then?

Levelling? Probably some form of bard. There's now basically no reason to not be rolling a bard, with all the motifs and buffs you get. Unless you're of a low enough level that you dont have access to them yet.

@hoodiethirteen
    It's been so long since I actually leveled my rogue I've got no idea. Bard might not be bad, especially with Bard's Gift for the extra damage boost. Riftstalker used to be okay to level with due to the whole "kill something that still has combo points on it, get a bunch of health back" mechanic, dunno if that's still available. Pretty sure I leveled Marksman.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I tried bard some time ago and kinda liked it, so maybe I'll stick with that. I want to focus on getting my mage to 50 though, and it looks like the mage changes are fun.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I basically only ever Barded with my Rogue anyway, so I'm okay with that.

Anyway I just decided to do the "subscribe for a year and get the expansion free" thing since I've been keeping my 6 mo rolling sub going anyway.

Reinstalled this last night, feel like I might actually give it another go and maybe even make that final push to 50 before the expansion hits.

If you want people to play with, lemme know! I can conspire to get you an invite to a chillbro group of bros.

@hoodiethirteen
    Have they mentioned anything about the requirements for housing? If it's prohibitively expensive (like LOTRO) or locked by level, I'll probably pass it up since my highest Rift char is 13.
    But if it's more like EQ2 (imo the standard all MMOs should look to for housing), then I'm on board.

It's locked by level, but only so much that you've gotta be, like, level 10 to get it. There are quest-givers in Meridian/Sanctum that will give you all you need to start out, and you can buy/collect from drops other items or dimensions.

@hoodiethirteen
    Excellent, excellent. That is great news. I do so love some housing.
    Crap, I wish I had started on Deepwood server now =\
    I mean, I'm only 13 but I hate to throw even that little bit of time away.

?

Just transfer! You've gotta be level 15, but literally 30 minutes of Instant Adventures will get you to level 15. Then just transfer!

If Deepwood is locked due to population issues, just contact Trion support and see if they'll transfer you over so you can be with friends.

@hoodiethirteen
    I didn't realize it was so easy. I figured it was an expensive pay service like most mmos.

Nope! Trion recognizes that other MMOs do things dumbwise, and so Trion tries to do things smartwise. Transfers are free, just limited to once-per-character, per week.

@hoodiethirteen
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I got into the beta with one of the codes they've been giving away. Apparently you can't copy characters over to the beta servers; good luck testing Trion.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Roe wrote: »
    I got into the beta with one of the codes they've been giving away. Apparently you can't copy characters over to the beta servers; good luck testing Trion.

Not correct! I've copied my characters over.

Edit: Just tested it, here's how!

From the normal "live server" client, do the following:
    -Go to Transfer on the character select screen
    -Select "Copy to PTS" on the bottom of that window
    -Select "Storm Legion"

boom! Open up the beta client patcher and you're good to go!

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
This discussion has been closed.