As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The House Of [Phalla]nstein - Game Over - Monster & Neutral jdarksun & MrT Victories!!!

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I absolutely do not like that we have a close vote again.

!Kime

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Would make much more sense to increase the vote on the person that survived it last time to figure out if it's just straight up vote immunity or vote manipulation.

We kill off someone else with the vote and we don't learn anything :(

He survives with a hefty lead on him and we know it's immunity, he dies and we know it's manipulation.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Personally, I think that we will get more information about the vote by voting out Kilnaga.
    We don't even know if it is a vote manipulation power, or something that protects Kilnaga.
    I'm willing to change if the vote looks to be too close around vote time.
    Man that just sounds like I'm making an excuse for shenanigans.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    It's like you are reading my mind.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    This is obviously going to be a thing.

Fine.

Kilnaga

In a city filled with crime, two cop buddies with telepathic powers are the only ones who can save the day.

It's:
    Sergeant Fabulous and Delphy

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    The thing is only 12 people have voted so far, this could drastically change when the other 11 people have their say.

Would make much more sense to increase the vote on the person that survived it last time to figure out if it's just straight up vote immunity or vote manipulation.

He survives with a hefty lead on him and we know it's immunity, he dies and we know it's manipulation.

Or he dies and it was one-time vote immunity.

Plus, if he is vote immune, we've now wasted two days trying to kill him when we have a vig.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

Plus, if he is vote immune, we've now wasted two days trying to kill him when we have a vig.

If he's vote immune, then the vote falls on me. Lots of people suspect me anyways, so it's really a win-win situation.

!Kilnaga

Curse my sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The KK alliance has sure met a brutal end.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    The KK alliance has sure met a brutal end.

As was preordained

I'm merely playing out my part in the great play that is life

'course, it doesn't hurt that my part is awesome

Steam profile
    Why?

Steam profile
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Because I don't believe that Kilnaga is anything other than vanillager. And I have a hard time believing that we'd have a vote-immune mafia so close to Obi's, which is pure observer bias but that's me.

Blah did vote for Kilnaga, so either mafia was super confident that the vote wouldn't matter or naga is not mafia (could be SK, though).

Steam
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    It seems like voting Kilnaga with a landslide would only tell us if he's vote immune because if the gap is too large for voting manipulation wouldn't the draculas just not act on it and either sacrifice him if he's a dracula or let the mobs kill an innocent with maybe one dracula mixed in with the mob?

If the thought was to kill him off just to see what side wouldn't you just have the vigil off him?

Would we learn more if it came down to another close vote?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Blah did vote for Kilnaga, so either mafia was super confident that the vote wouldn't matter or naga is not mafia (could be SK, though).

If the vote manip is in control of the mafia, they may have known Kilnaga was fine. Beyond that, you can't just not vote for a mafia team member and all be on the opposing bandwagon. That's, like, What-Not-To-Do-If-You-Are-Mafia 101

Steam profile
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Current theories seem pretty sound to me, gaining a large margin on one person would seem like the way to go to figure out if we're dealing with vote manipulation via weighted votes, or vote immunity. Towards that end I'm down with a kilnaga vote tonight.

If it was weighted vote manipulation, which seems the most likely to me, then the VM is either your or Kime. Of the two, I'd say it is probably Kime, just because Delphi was first on the SLyM wagon and Kime asked for a target and we hopped onto one. It seems shifty of him to swap the way he did, as SOE said, but I'm inclined to believe he was a village special trying to save himself (which means he's probably dead tonight if he isn't mafia).

I know I'm nothing but pure vanilla, but would rather not vote for Kime, because he's likely the special who saved me. :(

If you guys feel you'd get information from watching me die village, go for it. I think looking at this:

We seem to be all wrapped up on me, with next to no focus on looking at the death of the known mafia member. When in the day did Blah drop his vote on me? How far along was my wagon compared to the others?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    Gizzy wrote: »
    It seems like voting Kilnaga with a landslide would only tell us if he's vote immune because if the gap is too large for voting manipulation wouldn't the draculas just not act on it and either sacrifice him if he's a dracula or let the mobs kill an innocent with maybe one dracula mixed in with the mob?

If the thought was to kill him off just to see what side wouldn't you just have the vigil off him?

It is rarely a good idea to publicly announce a vig target before the vote is closed. That opens it up to mafia/neutral manipulation.

It is also a bad idea to have a close vote now that we know vote manipulation is in play. 1) As the village, we want full control of the vote and don't want it to be manipulated. 2) As a scientist, if you want to discover the cause of something, you should test as few variables as possible.

Steam profile
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Current theories seem pretty sound to me, gaining a large margin on one person would seem like the way to go to figure out if we're dealing with vote manipulation via weighted votes, or vote immunity. Towards that end I'm down with a kilnaga vote tonight.

If it was weighted vote manipulation, which seems the most likely to me, then the VM is either your or Kime. Of the two, I'd say it is probably Kime, just because Delphi was first on the SLyM wagon and Kime asked for a target and we hopped onto one. It seems shifty of him to swap the way he did, as SOE said, but I'm inclined to believe he was a village special trying to save himself (which means he's probably dead tonight if he isn't mafia).

I know I'm nothing but pure vanilla, but would rather not vote for Kime, because he's likely the special who saved me. :(

If you guys feel you'd get information from watching me die village, go for it. I think looking at this:

We seem to be all wrapped up on me, with next to no focus on looking at the death of the known mafia member. When in the day did Blah drop his vote on me? How far along was my wagon compared to the others?

Unless you, Delphy, and I were the only people voting for SLyM (which surely wasn't the case?), how can you possibly narrow down the vote manip to us?

Steam profile
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    kime

trying to catch up on PMs and the thread, but I'm pretty sure thats always a good vote

Bc you 3 are the only ones alive that we don't know for sure your orientation - plus jdark who switched off last min

That's one scenario, but if he is vote immune then it doesn't seem likely that he would be mafia to me, because if that's the case he is only eliminated via a vig, and if the person or people who have that ability are killed early the game immediately becomes impossible for the village to win.

One time vote immunity for mafia wouldn't be broken so that's a possibility.

Either way the vote gives us information, and information is good.

Whereas voting for someone else doesn't necessarily give us as much information unless we count on a vig to take him out. (which is an uncertainty, and besides a vig can always target someone else to get the same result)
    Gizzy wrote: »

If it's a close vote we learn nothing really (because the other one was close)

The idea is that if it's a landslide we determine if we're dealing with one vote immune person (he doesn't die), or someone who has vote manipulation (he does die). If there isn't a big enough lead it just leaves it open to manipulation again and we are back at square one not knowing which were are dealing with. That truly would be a waste.

The reason I would suggest this over a vig is because if he is vote immune, I would find it pretty unlikely he would be mafia (vote immune mafia is a dangerous mechanic), so someone could defend him against vig attacks and we could utilize that. If it's just vote manipulation we can then turn our focus on the individuals most likely to have the ability (looking at the SlyM votes).

Either way we gain a lot of useful information, much moreso than if we just randomly vote out another person.

delphinidaes.png
    Yay for drafts!

delphinidaes.png
    kime wrote: »

Unless you, Delphy, and I were the only people voting for SLyM (which surely wasn't the case?), how can you possibly narrow down the vote manip to us?

@Kime - Because the rest of the people who voted for him are dead or the vig? We're all that's left.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    Well maybe Zombie Hero has vig and vote manip powers. <
    Not a serious suggestion

Other than that, I really just have to agree with what Delph is saying, and it would just be useless to repeat.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    I feel the kilnaga vote is dumb, assuming that stever isn't hiding roles again. I'm inclined to think he isn't doing that this game based on the fact that we know mega was masoned and that blah was the wolfman. So we still should have a seer, it would make more sense to seer kilnaga tonight. I'm more inclined to think he isn't mafia nor vote immune and this is a ruse to get the village waste the vote.

It's possible kilnaga is vote immune, mafia and/or has vote manip, but seering him would answer such a question.

So I'm left between kime and Delphinidaes. I find kime's activity most suspicious of the two.

Mill wrote: »
    it would make more sense to seer kilnaga tonight. I'm more inclined to think he isn't mafia nor vote immune and this is a ruse to get the village waste the vote.

Well now that you've said that it'll either:

A) Not happen
    B) I'll be mafia killed because they want to screw over the seer

:P

- Terence McKenna
    Well now that you've said that it'll either:

A) Not happen
    B) I'll be mafia killed because they want to screw over the seer

:P

Wouldn't it be funny if we vote you off, the mafia kills you, the vigil kills you and you are seered?

Let's name every scenario :)

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Current vote count
    Kime - 7
    Kilnaga - 7
    Matev - 2

edited October 2012
    Current vote count
    Kime - 7
    Kilnaga - 7
    Matev - 2

Seriously? The Day 2 vote records are going to look exactly like the Day 1 vote records. The fact that both Kime and myself are contending for the vote again only makes me more sure neither of us is mafia.

It also makes me think you guys are sheep, and they're just letting you waste the vote by voting for the same people they seemed OK with letting you vote out yesterday. :P

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
    Current vote count
    Kime - 7
    Kilnaga - 7
    Matev - 2

Seriously? The Day 2 vote records are going to look exactly like the Day 1 vote records. The fact that both Kime and myself are contending for the vote again only makes me more sure neither of us is mafia.

It also makes me think you guys are sheep, and they're just letting you waste the vote by voting for the same people they seemed OK with letting you vote out yesterday. :P

It certainly makes the people pushing the kime vote extremely suspicious. Granted i'm far from perfect in my logic but I do think we get good info from killing kilnaga (or attempting to) in this scenario

Nothing against you personally of course kilnaga ;)

delphinidaes.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @kime, if you can satisfactorily explain your earlier vague shiftiness i will move my vote

Well clearly I need to vote Kime, even though I don't want to, and even though it gives us squat for vote records. :(

- Terence McKenna
    Fuck it.

!Kilnaga.

Fuck it.

!Kilnaga.

"Fuck it! *ties vote again*" :D?

- Terence McKenna
    Meh I've given my logic and said my piece, if it ends up tied again it's on the rest of ya. We get jack for information from another tied vote other than "Well it's eithre Vote immunity or Vote manipulation!"

Which we, you know, already know.

delphinidaes.png
    I'm going to vote for Sir Fabulous

Steam
    I'm of the opinion that neither kime nor I are evil, and that we're both likely dead tonight no matter how the vote turns out. :(

- Terence McKenna