As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The House Of [Phalla]nstein - Game Over - Monster & Neutral jdarksun & MrT Victories!!!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that neither kime nor I are evil, and that we're both likely dead tonight no matter how the vote turns out. :(

That is possible, I blame the village for this mess really. We have other means to explore Kilnaga's alignment. If he really is vote immune, voting for him again is a damn waste of time; especially, if it trickles down. If there is vote manip, the two most likely people are on the Kilnaga wagon and I think the vote is in such a way that we won't be sure.

I'm thinking since it's possible that Delphinidaes could also have vote manip, maybe people should drop the lead wagons for that one instead?

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that neither kime nor I are evil, and that we're both likely dead tonight no matter how the vote turns out. :(

That is possible, I blame the village for this mess really. We have other means to explore Kilnaga's alignment. If he really is vote immune, voting for him again is a damn waste of time; especially, if it trickles down. If there is vote manip, the two most likely people are on the Kilnaga wagon and I think the vote is in such a way that we won't be sure.

I'm thinking since it's possible that Delphinidaes could also have vote manip, maybe people should drop the lead wagons for that one instead?

There is a problem with this. There are essentially two scenarios.

1. Kilnaga is mafia: If this is the case, it's best to vote him out as quickly as possible.

2. Kilnaga is village: If this is the case, the mafia will probably kill him anyway tonight, and if we Seer him, then we've wasted a day of Seering. If we don't Seer him, then we don't have any information about vote shenanigans. If we Seer and guard him, for some reason, then that leaves the vig open to the mafia. Essentially, there's no way to win.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Current theories seem pretty sound to me, gaining a large margin on one person would seem like the way to go to figure out if we're dealing with vote manipulation via weighted votes, or vote immunity. Towards that end I'm down with a kilnaga vote tonight.

If it was weighted vote manipulation, which seems the most likely to me, then the VM is either your or Kime. Of the two, I'd say it is probably Kime, just because Delphi was first on the SLyM wagon and Kime asked for a target and we hopped onto one. It seems shifty of him to swap the way he did, as SOE said, but I'm inclined to believe he was a village special trying to save himself (which means he's probably dead tonight if he isn't mafia).

I know I'm nothing but pure vanilla, but would rather not vote for Kime, because he's likely the special who saved me. :(

If you guys feel you'd get information from watching me die village, go for it. I think looking at this:
    Blah did vote for Kilnaga, so either mafia was super confident that the vote wouldn't matter or naga is not mafia (could be SK, though).

We seem to be all wrapped up on me, with next to no focus on looking at the death of the known mafia member. When in the day did Blah drop his vote on me? How far along was my wagon compared to the others?

Unless you, Delphy, and I were the only people voting for SLyM (which surely wasn't the case?), how can you possibly narrow down the vote manip to us?

Kime - Because the rest of the people who voted for him are dead or the vig? We're all that's left.

Oh, huh. Well anyways, you should also keep in mind there could be someone with a negative vote, or someone whose abilities are private and not directly corresponding with their vote.
    I feel the kilnaga vote is dumb, assuming that stever isn't hiding roles again. I'm inclined to think he isn't doing that this game based on the fact that we know mega was masoned and that blah was the wolfman. So we still should have a seer, it would make more sense to seer kilnaga tonight. I'm more inclined to think he isn't mafia nor vote immune and this is a ruse to get the village waste the vote.

It's possible kilnaga is vote immune, mafia and/or has vote manip, but seering him would answer such a question.

So I'm left between kime and Delphinidaes. I find kime's activity most suspicious of the two.

This is a bogus post. You are totally mafia.
    kime, if you can satisfactorily explain your earlier vague shiftiness i will move my vote

What vague shiftiness?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular

1. Kilnaga is mafia: If this is the case, it's best to vote him out as quickly as possible.

2. Kilnaga is village: If this is the case, the mafia will probably kill him anyway tonight, and if we Seer him, then we've wasted a day of Seering. If we don't Seer him, then we don't have any information about vote shenanigans. If we Seer and guard him, for some reason, then that leaves the vig open to the mafia. Essentially, there's no way to win.

IDK, if I was mafia, and saw this situation, I'd leave my ass alive if the vote moved from me, especially after seeing how keen the village is to just jump on the same target as the previous day and waste a day of vote records. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular

IDK, if I was mafia, and saw this situation, I'd leave my ass alive if the vote moved from me, especially after seeing how keen the village is to just jump on the same target as the previous day and waste a day of vote records. :P

I guess... But that's not exactly helping your case.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'm torn on who to vote for here. What's the count? How many votes are we missing?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @kime the whole "Sorry for the thing, person!" Weirdness

• Options
    Oh. Nah, that's not for you to know. It's mostly said in jest, but be honest, does it in any way sound "mafia"esque?

Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm mostly just nosy :p
    Is that a kime crime?

• Options
    Is that a kime crime?

No, but terrible word play should be.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Is that a kime crime?

No, but terrible word play should be.

So should identity theft. Oh wait!

So, we have... 2 hours until vote close? Is it still tied?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Sir Fabulous

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Nah, Kilnaga is ahead by two. Again.

• Options
    I am not reassured

Steam profile
  • Options
    KoanKoan Registered User regular
    Wow, just finished catching up on thread. Seems you guys are in a spot again.

• Options
    Koan wrote: »
    Wow, just finished catching up on thread. Seems you guys are in a spot again.

Unless you have something to tell us, you're part of 'you guys' too, you know :p

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Indeed. One of I think...four?...you guys to not have voted yet.

• Options
    KoanKoan Registered User regular
    True, and it's even tougher for us now. And my hands have been tied a bit on the matter. Right now kilnaga is in the lead by 2, which is the same as yesterday. Now I think he is a villager and this was vote manip by outside forces, but the only way to prove that is to have a higher vote count today. If I don't vote for him then the margin doesn't change and we're right back where we started. So kilnaga

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    1 hour until vote close.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Mill doesn't quite seem himself I guess.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Delphinidaes because going by last night's kill list, we do not have time to waste on voting experiments.

If Kilnaga is vote-immune, we're wasting time by voting for him. If Kilnaga isn't vote-immune, we're still wasting time because the little evidence we have points to him not being mafia.

I for one am not going to help the village waste time.

• Options
    Delphinidaes because going by last night's kill list, we do not have time to waste on voting experiments.

If Kilnaga is vote-immune, we're wasting time by voting for him. If Kilnaga isn't vote-immune, we're still wasting time because the little evidence we have points to him not being mafia.

I'm cool with that. Delphinidaes.

(Not that it changes the fact I'm dead here shortly)

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

An hour to vote close and you put the only vote on me? And then talk about wasting time?

Interesting :D

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2012

An hour to vote close and you put the only vote on me? And then talk about wasting time?

Interesting :D
    Yeah you got me, I have all the vote manipulation powers. You're gonna die tonight, sorry. :P

(just kidding...maybe)

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Delphinidaes because really, I think we're better off seeing what color you bleed than kime or kilnaga.

• Options
    Your vote manipulation is to swear the hearts and minds of your fellow surly, pitchfork-wielding villagers!

• Options
    Well if Kilnaga is vote immune it's now a tie for 2nd.

• Options
    Somehow I doubt that we're dealing with vote immunity. I'm pretty sure we're deal with weighted vote manip and possibly vote negation and/or a null vote (as in the person's vote counts as zero). Someone being immune to the vote seems a bit too powerful, I could see being immune to deaths that aren't related to the vote.

• Options
    Somehow I doubt that we're dealing with vote immunity. I'm pretty sure we're deal with weighted vote manip and possibly vote negation and/or a null vote (as in the person's vote counts as zero). Someone being immune to the vote seems a bit too powerful, I could see being immune to deaths that aren't related to the vote.

AKA stop voting for Kilnaga, he's seriously, like, totes for real not some VoteImmuneBadAss.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Vote immunity on a mafia would be too powerful, vote immunity on some other role not so much.

Either way we're pretty much back to square one with the current votes, at least my suggestion would have given us some concrete info so we wouldn't have to wonder.

Ah well C'est la vie.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Well if Kilnaga is vote immune it's now a tie for 2nd.

AKA stop voting for Kilnaga, he's seriously, like, totes for real not some VoteImmuneBadAss.

I agree. Despite my eternal grudge against you, I don't think you are mafia this time. Unless you somehow survive the vote again.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Vote closed.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    I don't know, immunity to the vote seems like a bad mechanic when it trickles down and there are another 4-6 kills happening as well.

Depending on who dies, I think the current vote record will be more useful than the one we had an hour ago.

• Options
    Agreed. I think our dear friend Kilnaga is saying goodbye.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Those people who are voting for me are quite goosy, and are obviously trying to provoke the largest trans-dimensional cross-over since the Tunguska blast....

That said, I don't Kilnaga was the right choice for today's vote, as there other things that needed to be put to the test. (Totally preparing to eat my words in narration by the way.)

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Man, just watch as Delph turns up village and Kilnaga mafia, and I look suspicious as all hell.

• Options
    It's cool T_A, if that happens, assuming I'm still around, the village will make me pay for it first, then be sad when I turn up green. :P

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Hurry up, stever!

Erin The Red on