As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Oolong wrote:
    Ultimate Nick Fury is so much cooler than the 616 version that 616 should be a version of him.

Yes except that you are wrong.

Spectre, can you go on one of your tangents and explain why 616 version is cooler then the Ultimate version? Your Aquaman one was brilliant.

Ultimate Fury really gets on my nerves. He is a complete asshole, a paranoid reactionary moron with almost no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

DouglasDanger on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    24 characters is a lot. In my day, you'd only have two playable characters and, aside from being different colors, they'd play exactly the same.

And we liked it, and fought over who got to be the blue guy!

The red guy never gets no love :(

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Oolong wrote:
    Ultimate Nick Fury is so much cooler than the 616 version that 616 should be a version of him.

Spectre, can you go on one of your tangents and explain why 616 version is cooler then the Ultimate version? Your Aquaman one was brilliant.

Ultimate Fury really gets on my nerves. He is a complete asshole, a paranoid reactionary moron with almost no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Plus 616 Fury is an immortal WWII vet AND a secret agent.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited August 2006
    Fury's appearance in UltXmen was kind of cool, back before he was Sam Jackson and a leader of the Ultimates

DouglasDanger on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2006
    But the Fury in X-Men Legends 2 was black!

DJ Eebs on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I doubt that there's an Ultimate Nick Fury skin as they'd have to get likeness rights from Sam Jackson, and I believe he only extended those over for comics.

Besides, 616 fury is a total bad ass. Don't be surprised when he pops up in civil war and goes "YEAH BITCH WHAT NOW."

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I doubt that there's an Ultimate Nick Fury skin as they'd have to get likeness rights from Sam Jackson, and I believe he only extended those over for comics.

But the Fury who appeared in Ultimate Avengers (the first movie, at least) looked like Samuel L. Jackson.

robosagogo on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    nfs04.jpg

You can't tell me that this doesn't look cool.

One of the best covers of all time.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited August 2006
    Manifest wrote:

Besides, 616 fury is a total bad ass. Don't be surprised when he pops up in civil war and goes "YEAH BITCH WHAT NOW."

That and NPCs don't really get different skins anyway.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited August 2006
    Ultimate Nick Fury showed up in X-Men Legends 2, so I don't think there's a liscensing issue here.

DJ Eebs on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

616 Nick Fury is the ultimate fighter. He has access to the military might of SHIELD. He has security clearances even when in hiding that make those of anybody else in the entire fucking world look like post-it notes.

He's fought nazis and aliens and robots and robot nazis that breathe fire and bloow liquid nitrogen from their noses and shoot electricity from their fingertips.

Chances are he's got enough hardware in his fucking teeth to beat up Thor, the Inhumans, the Sentry and Galactus all by himself just by biting down really hard. And then it turns out it was an LMD and that the real Fury actually was Galactus and that he engineered the fight to save the planet from alien nazis.

DEATH cowers at the mere MENTION of his name, he can stare down THANOS while boning three ladies at the same time and take pictures with the camera hidden behind his eyepatch.

He is NICK FURY, and he is a HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS OLD!

Spectre-x on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Nick Fury taught Chuck Norris everything he knows.

Sharp101 on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Manifest wrote:

Unless of course he's one of the 4 PSP 'exclusives'. Then there's always the possibility that he (and several other NPCs) will be made available over XBL or the PS3's DLC system.

Invisible on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

616 Nick Fury is the ultimate fighter. He has access to the military might of SHIELD. He has security clearances even when in hiding that make those of anybody else in the entire fucking world look like post-it notes.

He's fought nazis and aliens and robots and robot nazis that breathe fire and bloow liquid nitrogen from their noses and shoot electricity from their fingertips.

Chances are he's got enough hardware in his fucking teeth to beat up Thor, the Inhumans, the Sentry and Galactus all by himself just by biting down really hard. And then it turns out it was an LMD and that the real Fury actually was Galactus and that he engineered the fight to save the planet from alien nazis.

DEATH cowers at the mere MENTION of his name, he can stare down THANOS while boning three ladies at the same time and take pictures with the camera hidden behind his eyepatch.

Someone post that scene from Punisher: Mother Russia.

Bloods End on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    the video game version of marvel appears to be some weird mix of the ultimate and regular continuity, I can see doing that to appeal to a total audience rather than just one who prefers ultimate over 616 or vice versa

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    It looks ugly as sin. What the hell is up with the "we dragged it through piles of tar and dog shit" aesthetic EA is going for with the Marvel games? Ugh.

Marvel should sign back with Capcom.

Terrorbyte on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    It looks ugly as sin. What the hell is up with the "we dragged it through piles of tar and dog shit" aesthetic EA is going for with the Marvel games? Ugh.

Yeah, too bad this game's made by Activision asshat, and for a Dungeon Crawler/Hack n' Slash RPG I think it looks alright, not beautiful but not ugly.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    oh common, these Cinimatics are aweasome. All the characters look wicked and are complete badass.

Sharp101 on
    edited August 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

man if the heart icon was working, i would totally give you about a thousand

DouglasDanger on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2006
    The CG is beautiful and I wish they'd make movies like that. But I must agree with Terrorbyte, the main game itself is ugly as sin.

Garlic Bread on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

What scene?

Mai-Kero on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Sharp101 wrote:
    oh common, these Cinimatics are aweasome. All the characters look wicked and are complete badass.

Yeah, but I can kind of see where he's coming from. The execution was awesome but the art style is really bland and generic.

And the voice acting still blows goats. At least for Thor and Captain America. And I love that dude who does Spike Speigel's voice, but he is not fucking Wolvereine. That guy actually get TOO MUCH work these days.

august on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    It looks like X-Men Legends 3. They claim it's a new game, but it's totally not. I really hate how they say it's amazing because it has "Over 140 superheroes! More than any other game ever!" and they play down the fact that only 22 of them are playable. I just want to know if Black Bolt is actually playable. That's all I care about.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2006
    I like how the two lines Spider-Man has in the first trailer show him to be cooler than both Spider-Man movies.

Garlic Bread on
  • Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I didn't like any of the X-Men Legends games.
    The co-op was too slow paced. I hated having to pause every couple of minutes so everyone could assign their stat and skill points.

Johnny Fabulous on
    We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I didn't like any of the X-Men Legends games.
    The co-op was too slow paced. I hated having to pause every couple of minutes so everyone could assign their stat and skill points.

General rule of thumb for me and my friend was "Next Xtraction Point" and one person assigns them all(we tell them what we want).

The Muffin Man on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    It looks ugly as sin. What the hell is up with the "we dragged it through piles of tar and dog shit" aesthetic EA is going for with the Marvel games? Ugh

Exaggerate much? Take a look at some of the more recent direct feed clips, not shitty screengrabs. It doesn't look too bad, especially compared to X-Men Legends, or what the new Justice League game is turning into.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited August 2006
    Invisible wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

Unless of course he's one of the 4 PSP 'exclusives'. Then there's always the possibility that he (and several other NPCs) will be made available over XBL or the PS3's DLC system.

Wii gets exclusives too. He might be a Wii exclusive. I just want to say Wii love Nick Fury when I get that version.

Also, for X-Men Legends 2 you could have it auto assign points if you didn't care too much about customization. My friends had a wait until every character has leveled up rule for it, though.

As for it having over 140 characters, I do agree that it's annoying that they are advertising this, but just interacting with that shit ton of people should actually be fun. That and I am betting a majority of them are villains, anyway.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

What scene?
    furypimpni7.jpg

Fury in Mother Russia is one of my favorite things ever.

[spoiler:8d83fc0beb] He gets the Punisher to accept a mission to extract a little girl who has a viruel weapon inside her from deep in Russia. When some SHIELD (He isn't in charge of it) put into action a plan to distract Russian military forces with US trained Islamic extremists hijacking a plane then getting shot downm he goes completly ape shit because of the lives lost on the plane. He then proceeds to beat a man near to death with his belt. And then at the end of the arc, Castle refuses to allow the military to extract the virus from the girl so it just dies, and is completly usless, and it's heavilly hinted that Fury picked Castle for the mission on the basis that he would rescue the girl and prevent either side from getting the weapon.[/spoiler:8d83fc0beb]

He is so goddamn cool.

Bloods End on
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:

Yeah, too bad this game's made by Activision asshat, and for a Dungeon Crawler/Hack n' Slash RPG I think it looks alright, not beautiful but not ugly.

Yeah, too bad it still and always will looks like dog shit. EA? Activision? Whoever has been making Marvel games lately ain't doing something right. And, hell, that Justice League game looks about a million times worse.

Oh, if anyone wants to continue this coversation, I'll be over here kicking some serious ass with Marvel vs. Capcom 2. You know, where the characters look cool instead of a mish-mash of deep-brown textures?

Terrorbyte on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    But EA has Football Guy.

august on
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte, do you judge games on things other than graphics? Because fuck, Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and both god damn X-Men Legends games are fucking fantastic.

Oh shit, though, I guess they aren't ten-year old fighting games, fuck 'em

DJ Eebs on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Terrorbyte, do you judge games on things other than graphics? Because fuck, Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and both god damn X-Men Legends games are fucking fantastic.

Oh shit, though, I guess they aren't DC games, fuck 'em

Let's be honest, Geebs.

The Muffin Man on
    edited August 2006
    Geebs wrote:

Oh shit, though, I guess they aren't DC games, fuck 'em

Let's be honest, Geebs.

Well, to be fair, he said Justice League looks like shit and that he's going to go jerk off to Marvel vs. Capcom 2

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2006
    Geebs wrote:

Oh, and they suck, too. Spider-Man was GTA-lite with a swinging mechanic that got old back when I was doing it on the PS1. X-Men Legends were both boring as heck - you could literally close your eyes and button mash. Five hours later, you'd get an ending screen. Yawn. Oh, and the loading every fucking time you walk through a door thing ... real fun. Ultimate Spider-Man was decent enough, but still ugly and boring.
    Oh shit, though, I guess they aren't ten-year old fighting games, fuck 'em

Nah, they're just ugly and boring games completely outclassed by a ten year old fighting game. It's more of an insult to the current crop than it is praise of an older game. But, yeah, keep trying to defend this garbage. It ain't gonna be my $50.

Terrorbyte on
    edited August 2006
    Did you hate Hulk: Ultimate Destruction too? Because man, if you did, I don't think there's any hope for you.

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Did you hate Hulk: Ultimate Destruction too? Because man, if you did, I don't think there's any hope for you.

Coming from such a hopeless fuck, that's a pretty meaningless indictment. But, yeah, Ultimate Destruction was a decent rental.

Terrorbyte on
  • Ender the XenocideEnder the Xenocide Registered User new member
    edited August 2006
    I dont want to post here, it's scary. Earlier someone made mention as to what the new Justice League: Heroes is "turning into". All I've heard so far ahs been incredibly awesome. What are your opinions?

Ender the Xenocide on
    sensor29rp.gif
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Geebs wrote:

Coming from such a hopeless fuck, that's a pretty meaningless indictment. But, yeah, Ultimate Destruction was a decent rental.

Holy shit.

How are you still not banned?

Furu on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Geebs wrote:

Holy shit.

How are you still not banned?

I think the mods are too busy laughing.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970