As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ODAM Pruning

Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
So, uh, ODAM doesn't have any threads in it that haven't been posted to in a week.

This seems rather out of the ordinary, and is kinda irritating in that I was trying to look up something in a Shadowrun thread that evidently no longer exists.

Is the one-week prune intentional? If so, would it be possible to extend it to at least a month?

Salvation122 on

• Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2007
    PEBKAC Error
    asdddbe8.jpg

Aroduc on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    To be slightly more helpful: You need to scroll to the bottom of the list of threads, and select to display From The "Beginning" instead of "Last 2 Weeks".

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2007
    To be really REALLY helpful, since that doesn't last beyond you leaving the subforum, you'll want to go into your options and fix whatever you set.

87661633hc9.th.jpg

Regardless, you'd think that either every forum expiring threads after a week or it resetting after leaving the subforum and coming back would give a hint.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's actually because the forum default for ODAM is set to 2 weeks, while others are set longer (G&T is a month). You don't need to screw around with your options to have this issue.

Edit: To clarify, Aroduc's solution will do the trick. ODAM's default (and thus the user's default) is set pretty low, though.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2007
    Uh, not for me it isn't.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Uh, not for me it isn't.

The default selection for that option you highlighted is "Use the forum default" (At least, it was for me). ODAM's forum default is 2 weeks.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2007
    For me, ODAM's default is from the beginning...

So...

Uh...

ODAM's a witch!

Aroduc on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I see it as being for the last two weeks as well. Perhaps you changed your options to override the forum defaults?

jothki on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Weird, I'm fairly certain I never changed it and it's from the beginning for me as well.

It's all the Dungeons and Dragon's, turning our little forum into a witch!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish