As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Fitness Group 2.0

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I like that :D and LOVE royal blue shirt!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I've got no artistic savvy.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    I'd be in for a shirt, but have no ability to design one. At least one that people (including me) would want to wear.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    I might be in for a shirt, depending on the design. I think having a big white area on top to white our name in Sharpe, design in the middle, and big white space on the bottom to write our weight loss would be awesome.

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    A shirt would be rad. I'm ridiculously bad at design, but I can offer lots of high fives and appreciation.

Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    What kind of lead time do the shirts have? I like the idea of a space for forum name and weight loss (or other goal for those of us who don't have that as a goal).

One of my friends that I'm going to PAX with this year is a graphic designer. Thoughts on me getting him involved with a shirt design? I'd rather have it come from somebody in the group but so far that doesn't seem likely.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    SE++ did personalized jerseys this past year, you might take a look over there and try to find that thread. They might have some good information on that type of shirt and the potential pitfalls of designs with names on them and whatnot.

Not on the topic of jerseys, I've heard it come up before but I'm curious: What does everyone suggest for tracking food intake? Any fun websites that'll work in Canada?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    Not on the topic of jerseys, I've heard it come up before but I'm curious: What does everyone suggest for tracking food intake? Any fun websites that'll work in Canada?

I use Paleo Track and Fit Day. They're both free, although I cannot speak to the ability to access them while in Canada.

• SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

When I tracked my calories, I used The Daily Plate from within the kingdom of Canada.

Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
    I used Fit Day when I tracked. Calorie count is also useful for quick recipe calculations. Now my recipe book has nutrition labels :P

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    SE++ did personalized jerseys this past year, you might take a look over there and try to find that thread. They might have some good information on that type of shirt and the potential pitfalls of designs with names on them and whatnot.

We got jersey shirts back in the day for some of us from the NHL thread in G&T. They are pretty nice and we all wore them at PAX Prime last year.

I would 100% be in for buying a jersey/shirt. I'd go up to like $25 or so if I like the design.

163206_10150114322576942_7699096_n.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    It's been waaaay too long since anyone posted in here. Down another 1.8 pounds, and bought my first piece of clothing with no X's in the size, a gorgeous Large jacket!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Fuckin' A. Nice work. I have 6 L shirts waiting for me to drop a little more (and 1 more on the way from TeeFury). I really can't wait to get rid of all my XL (and some leftover XXL) shirts. Everything on my Amazon list is listed as an L. Gotta prepare for the future. :D

I feel like I am going to lose again this week. I FEEL IT. One more day until weigh-in. 54 days left in 2012 for me to lose just over 7lbs to achieve my New Year's Resolution. I think that came out to a pound a week, give or take.

I haven't done many pushups in the past, well, forever, but I feel like they are a lot easier than they used to be when I tried in the past few weeks. Makes me feel good. Back in gradeschool, when I took karate, I could easily do 200 pushups on my knuckles with my feet crossed (so on one foot). I did pushups for fun before my class. What happened to me? Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    We're finally back on the electrical grid - but we have no gas, so I'm skipping the gym. Wishing there would be enough snow tomorrow that I can stay home and do some resistance training by trudging through the stuff :P we'll see what happens.

and awesome job with the size downgrade!!

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Sandy and Athena have screwed up my regiment, but I haven't been eating like an idiot, so I suspect my weight is still hovering around the same.

Going back to the discussion of calorie trackers, I'll swear by MyFitnessPal.com -- was the most complete solution I found.

Chor - nice job! I'm jealous.. I probably could start doing L, but I am still gunshy about it.. probably old fears of rebounding back, and wasting $$.. need to get over that.

Another week, another pound (well .8lb) down. 206.8lbs. A little over seven weeks left to lose 6.9lbs. Not bad. Not bad.

bYf6vNQ.png
    vttym wrote: »
    Yeah, Sandy and Athena have screwed up my regiment, but I haven't been eating like an idiot, so I suspect my weight is still hovering around the same.

Going back to the discussion of calorie trackers, I'll swear by MyFitnessPal.com -- was the most complete solution I found.

Chor - nice job! I'm jealous.. I probably could start doing L, but I am still gunshy about it.. probably old fears of rebounding back, and wasting $$.. need to get over that.

Thanks man! I'm still a XL in t-shirts, and some of them don't fit so well yet, but it's nice to have something without an X in the size!

This crappy cold weather is messing with my walking too, I need to get some warmer gear so I won't be freezing in the mornings.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Where the hell is everyyyyyoooonnnnne? I know it is cold, but that isn't stopping everyone for getting exercise and bragging about how awesome they are on here, is it?

bYf6vNQ.png
    I'm busy doing homework and stuff so I can watch www.desertbus.org . Also, still getting to the gym at least 3 times a week so I'm trying to bump that up to back up to 4 or 5.

Boom! Officially crossed the 50lbs lost threshold (50.4lbs to be exact). 256lbs to 205.6lbs.

-.6lbs and I hit my current WW goal. -5.7lbs and I hit my yearly goal. -??.??lbs and I hit my Summer goal.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    As of this week, my bench press is at a solid 120lbs. I'll be trying 125 next week (which is my goal for the end of the year for bench). This plateau was noticeably shorter than the last one.

busy with wedding planning crunch-time ... getting married in less than 3 weeks @_@ back to it soon :)

Went to Target today to get a button down shirt or two (one for Thursday). I was back and forth between looking at an L and XL. XL looked kind of big, so I said screw it and went with a L. I mean, who tries stuff on in stores?

Anyway, I fit in the shirts well and this "officially" moves me down another shirt size (although I think these shirts run big). Whether they run big or not, I can brag on Thanksgiving that I am wearing a L when I used to be a XXL. It will be officially official once I can fit into my regular L tshirts that I have been stocking up on.

@ishtra, good luck with all that. I am sure you aren't going insane or anything. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    @redfield85 - yeah, only a little nuts. just glad I have only a few more days at work before it, so I'll have a little time devoted to managing last-minute messes :P

Congrats on the downsizing :D always exciting

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    This morning I broke 1K miles on my fitbit. Took just over 5 months I think.
    Which is pretty much my only milestone because I have manged to slip in everything else. I'd blame the class and work combo, but it's really just laziness getting the better of me.
    We've got 16 weeks till PAXEast - time to start kicking myself into gear! Right after this term paper...

5I7JEDi.png
    Direwolf wrote: »
    This morning I broke 1K miles on my fitbit. Took just over 5 months I think.
    Which is pretty much my only milestone because I have manged to slip in everything else. I'd blame the class and work combo, but it's really just laziness getting the better of me.
    We've got 16 weeks till PAXEast - time to start kicking myself into gear! Right after this term paper...

First, congrats - awesome milestone.

As for the second, you're so right.. I've have had a general wave of apathy hit me.. need to snap out of it!

feeling that too - even though I planned to kick into gear for the wedding, I have been stress eating instead @_@ will have a nice casual goal of trimming back down for PAX. Should keep me fit every year now :P

So, apathy's been hitting me too and I had an idea.

This may sound odd, but I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in participating. I was thinking of putting together a video of all the group members just saying "You can do it" or something along those lines, and edit it together. I figured it'd be something to watch when you're feeling a bit apathetic or beat down.

Any takers?

So, apathy's been hitting me too and I had an idea.

This may sound odd, but I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in participating. I was thinking of putting together a video of all the group members just saying "You can do it" or something along those lines, and edit it together. I figured it'd be something to watch when you're feeling a bit apathetic or beat down.

Any takers?

Sure.. I'm down with that.

I've been sticking to Weight Watchers, except for on Thanksgiving and the day after, hah. However, I've chosen to not weigh myself more than twice in December: 12/9 and 12/23. Then in the new year, I'm going to change to a twice a week only weight schedule. :)

Basically, I'm gonna eat terrible on the 9th for my birthday and my GF's Dad makes a Christmas prime rib you'd kill a kitten for, and I don't want to get myself down during the holidays.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular

Although I haven't been active here in a long time, I'd be willing to throw down for a little inspiration.

I stepped on the scale today.. and it was all the motivation I needed.

Thanks to my bad habits kicking back in, I'm back up to 225. That ends today.

Yea, I went back up the .6 lbs I lost last week. I plan on going down the street to my sister's place to play Dance Central 3 most days I don't have hockey.

Still in the theme of fitness, does anyone have suggestions for a fitness gift or two for a family member?

bYf6vNQ.png
    If they have a 360 or PS3, you can get EA Active 2 crazy cheap almost anywhere now. Great introduction to fitness!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Still in the theme of fitness, does anyone have suggestions for a fitness gift or two for a family member?

Healthy eating cookbooks, fitbit, food scale, running shoes (if that's their thing), gym clothes, gym bag. I basically just listed everything I've purchased in the last year, but if someone got one for me as a gift, I'd appreciate it.

edited December 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a bad WW day yesterday. Pizza and drinking. It happens. Oh well. I haven't drank much in awhile, so whatevs. I had fun. That is all that matters, right? Right?!

edit: Weiiighhh innnnn later todaayyyyyy. Earlier in the week I was worried, but for some reason I feel like I might lose a little.

edit: Never posted my update. I only went down .2lbs. Poop.

Through some mix-ups, I got the wrong size First Party polo (an Xmas gift for me) and the new one came in today. It is a large. I tried it on and it pretty much fits. So close I cant taste it!

My Mom keeps telling me to get a larger shirt and I keep face palming.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    So, something big happened today. Well, I guess not big anymore. Weighed in at 199.4lbs. Down 5lbs from last week. 2012 resolution complete. My first time under 200lbs since probably early high school (which is 1999-2000ish).

Now on to my extended 2012 goal of no shirt at the pool/beach. I feel damn good.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I think something bad may have happened, I may have seriously fucked up my toe while sparring.

Remember, always kick with your shin. x.x

So, I know it's cliche, but what's everyone's New Years Resolution?

Mine are simple, just trying to end next year smaller than I am now and to use Fitocracy/DailyPlate more regularly.