As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] XCOM: Enemy Unknown - We will be watching it, commander! - Set 10

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have been watching Northernlion myself and I suspect his next terror mission is going to be hilarious. Alternatively, if he tries to do the alien base too soon.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I also approve of numbered Helloween clones, but you should use appropriate vernacular.

Helloween Mk. IV
    Helloween Mk. XII

etc.

• HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    But how would you know which one is the best?

See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I don't know, are clones ever Marks? Shouldn't he be at least cyborg for that?

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    They can be if they're named Mark.

I just assumed that people named Mark are androids.

Helloween wrote: »
    But how would you know which one is the best?

When they die they are added to the memorial wall, which shows the number of missions survived and the number of kills, plus their rank. Make it easy to keep track.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I have been watching Northernlion myself and I suspect his next terror mission is going to be hilarious. Alternatively, if he tries to do the alien base too soon.

Northernlion is pretty much my favorite non-PA Let's Player. I always expect great hilarity from him and I suspect the dividends will be well-paid with XCOM.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    This game is fantastic for Let's Plays, since everyone plays differently and the potential for disaster is always high.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Man, sometimes when I look at other people's channels, I think I should just upload a bunch of Minecraft and DayZ videos and get my 10k+ subscribers XD

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Klyka wrote: »
    Man, sometimes when I look at other people's channels, I think I should just upload a bunch of Minecraft and DayZ videos and get my 10k+ subscribers XD

Or boobs!

Capture.jpg~original
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Good to see you doing stuff again Klyka! Loving this so far :D

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

Or boobs!

It's decided, from now on 1/4 of the screen will be my girlfriend on webcam wearing skimpy outfits, 1/4 will be my face on webcam and the rest will be divided between XCOM, DayZ and Minecraft footage.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Chases Street DemonsChases Street Demons Registered User regular
    But how big are the boobs?

"Sometimes things aren't complicated," I said. "You just have to be willing to accept the absolute corruption of everybody involved."

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying your let's play. Good work!

• DarisDaris Registered User regular
    But how big are the boobs?

I say D cup...

...or bust.

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular

Or boobs!

It's decided, from now on 1/4 of the screen will be my girlfriend on webcam wearing skimpy outfits, 1/4 will be my face on webcam and the rest will be divided between XCOM, DayZ and Minecraft footage.

Actually the trick is to splice in a half-second of boobage right in the middle of your video, then select that as the preview image.

The preview-image is important.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Just recorded another set, will upload it later!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Northernlion wiped on the alien base and didn't post it up. I am disappoint.

Hopefully you'll be up to the first terror mission by this set or the next one! I always look forward to it in these LPs. Also the alien base assault.

Edit: Oh Klyka, you know how to make an Aussie happy ~<3

Aegeri on
    edited October 2012
    Very well negotiated terror mission! I am amazed you only had 7 aliens on classic, I had 12 and it was one of the bigger maps. I expected that police station to be a clown car, but that is an excellent map to get as a first up terror mission due to the easily available heavy cover. Also chitin is pronounced Kite-In (used to be training to be an entomologist before I became a microbiologist).

Edit: Hahahahaha that last floater. What a hero! Your satellite placement was good as well, because now you won't get abductions in SA and if you can cover all of NA, you only have to worry about managing Africa, Asia and Europe.

Aegeri on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Some guy on Youtube just told me that I am fucking shit at this game, so I will now end the LP. Sorry!
    I kid.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    And we all know that everything written on YouTube is the absolute truth and never wrong! It was enjoyable while it lasted Klyka.
    I actually think you are playing really well. Can't do anything about the crit to the face that everyone gets on classic now and again.

• AllUrBaseAllUrBase Registered User regular
    Are there any benefits to capturing more than one of each type of alien? I know you can only autopsy once per type, but can you interrogate multiple times and if so what are the benefits?

edited October 2012
    There isn't a benefit to capturing an alien, except that you get their weapons and in a "Plasma rush" strategy, this means you can arm all your guys with plasma asap with the minimum manufacturing investment. Otherwise you don't really have to capture more than one alien.

Aegeri on
    AllUrBase wrote: »
    Are there any benefits to capturing more than one of each type of alien? I know you can only autopsy once per type, but can you interrogate multiple times and if so what are the benefits?

The only benefit you get is that you get their weapon for free. So if you got an Arc Thrower with you and there is an easy capture, you should go for it.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Finished researching a day with more hours in it!
    I desperately need to stay distracted, and I'm not focused enough to actively play games.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Goddamit, Turner was the only one keeping XCOM from being a total sausage party.

This is worse than the time that one Chinese guy bought the farm.

Fucking floaters.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    You still have Emma Jackson though. And she's seen some action...
    If you know what I mean

Bless your heart.
  • NewresNewres Registered User regular
    Thank you for the let's play. Unfortunately I do not have a system good enough to run the game, but watching the vids makes pretty good entertainment after doing a lot of work.

960751-1.png
    Newres wrote: »
    Thank you for the let's play. Unfortunately I do not have a system good enough to run the game, but watching the vids makes pretty good entertainment after doing a lot of work.

Glad you enjoy them...

so here's a new one!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=598NYI90czY

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    You probably already read that guy's comment, but equip the badass heavy laser thing.
    Also, you better not let Emma die.

Bless your heart.
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Two things. 1) Klyka, you are a very entertaining LPer. I'm enjoying this immensely. 2) Watching you name and customize guys makes me wish I had gotten the preorder armor customizations. I can do the names with @jdarksun's awesome PA name list mod, but armor tints are going to cost me $5 unless they go on sale for Halloween or Christmas (I hope they do - it hurts a little to think about spending that much on armor tinting instead of a neat indie game).

camo_sig2.png
    jclast wrote: »
    Two things. 1) Klyka, you are a very entertaining LPer. I'm enjoying this immensely. 2) Watching you name and customize guys makes me wish I had gotten the preorder armor customizations. I can do the names with @jdarksun's awesome PA name list mod, but armor tints are going to cost me $5 unless they go on sale for Halloween or Christmas (I hope they do - it hurts a little to think about spending that much on armor tinting instead of a neat indie game).

Thanks man, I am really happy that you enjoy it!

And yeah, I love the customization, it's quite cool. Especially the extra "Armor Deco" adds a lot to it because it is, you know, actual ARMOR.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Northernlion is terrible at this game. Well, I guess inexperienced is maybe a better word if I'm not being harsh.

Capture.jpg~original
    Northernlion is terrible at this game. Well, I guess inexperienced is maybe a better word if I'm not being harsh.

Well,you are posting in the thread of the guy who builds a Heavy Laser and then doesn't equip it :(

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Doesn't seem to be up yet for me, or at least I can't see it in my list of subscribed videos yet. Check back later after I have had my walk.