As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - Demography

2»

• Options
    toddiuszhotoddiuszho Registered User regular
    I fell asleep in the theater during the freakin' QUIDDITCH MATCH during the first Potter movie. That's how much of a NONFAN of Harry Potter I am. Nonetheless, when I first stepped through the gate into the Wizarding World, my jaw dropped in utter awe! It really does look like you are in that snow-topped city as far as the eye can see! It is HUGE! Not Gabe-penis-size.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    How is the theming for the "Dragon Challenge" coasters anyway? Back when it was Dueling Dragons and not HP-affiliated, it was amazing. It looks like they might have lamed it up now.

forty on
  • Options
    DidactDidact Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The water slide/flume ride he mentions (Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls) is one of the most depressing rides at Universal, just because it could have been great, given the humor of that cartoon, but it was decorated using cut-out-board and paint and looks, well, cheap - like something a high school thespian department might throw together in a couple of days.

I'm fairly certain the area with the Ripsaw Falls was walled off when I went about two years ago. And the ride was closed the time I went before that.
    forty wrote: »
    How is the theming for the "Dragon Challenge" coasters anyway? Back when it was Dueling Dragons and not HP-affiliated, it was amazing. It looks like they might have lamed it up now.

I honestly don't remember any big difference. I think the queuing area was better lit. And there was Harry Potter music playing. I suppose that might be enough to ruin the atmosphere they were originally going for.

Didact on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The original version had two badass dragons at the entrance (ah, thanks Wikipedia). The queue area was pretty ominous.

I'm sure it's been RUINED FOREVER now. Thanks a lot, Daniel Radcliffe!

forty on