As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Panda Thread of Mystery

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also, for leather wearers anyways, tanking stats include many dps stats. Best stats for a brewmaster monk include shit like haste and expertise.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting extra valor? Yesterday it was 30/15 for scenario, 60/30 for heroics. Right now I'm getting 40/20 and 80/40 for me and everyone in my guild. I don't remember reading anything about it, so I have to assume it's a bug, but I like it.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Anyone else getting extra valor? Yesterday it was 30/15 for scenario, 60/30 for heroics. Right now I'm getting 40/20 and 80/40 for me and everyone in my guild. I don't remember reading anything about it, so I have to assume it's a bug, but I like it.

Just logged in to check. Same here too.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Oh wait, doesn't Archaeology give some 363 BoA weapon(s)? Better get rid of those or people will feel forced to do Archaeology to get a weapon!

A polearm (agi) and a caster offhand, specifically. AND they're useable at 85. They are amazing.

There is also weapons like this sword that spawns as a lootable object in various parts of Pandara. I want to get that sword for my DK but it's never been up when I come by the area.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Blendtec wrote: »
    They hotfixed in a buff for Valor gains.

Odd, because I feel like JP gains need a buff, if anything.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I agree, but they also need to add something worthwhile to spend JP on.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Went back to farm some Frostweave cloth and:

4JYtV.jpg

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Heh, I'm turning all my extra honor into JPs and buying more heirlooms.

WTB updated Honor and Justice good vendors, pst.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 1 minute (was 3 minutes).
    Oh, thank god. PvP is really light on CC so this is a welcome change.

It's as likely to make it through as the Mass Dispel change.
    What's the Mass Dispel change?

Also, it's a buff to rogue control so of course it will make it through.

I'm sure blind will see a reduction in its cooldown, I reckon it won't be going down from 3 to 1 min.

The latest Mass Dispel change I saw, was that it would remove all friendly buffs on the people you were fighting against. That's got to be a pvp change, as I understand Disc priests are a little behind the curve compared to the other 3 healing specs, but all it does, is make Shadow priests, who are already strong, a bit sillier.

With regards to 10 compared to 25 man; I don't really raid, but towards the end of 4.3, a horde guild on my server had a go at forming 25 man raids, and they got me to fill up some of the last few empty spots. I have to say, I enjoyed it on 25 man. Getting a boss down for the first time with more people was a pretty nice feeling, and in some ways, the fights were a bit more relaxed.

In 10 man, things cascade very quickly once one person dies, whereas in 25 man, you could, depending on the fight, have 2-3 people muck up and you'd still get the kill. It seemed as though there was less pressure. There are nice people who play this game, that I enjoy playing with, but who aren't that great and make silly mistakes.

The larger raids seemed to be a place (this was especially true in Vanilla with the 40 man raids) that I could play with these people and not want to kill them because they'd not spell stealed a buff within 5 secs, or they didn't run to a spot on the other side of the room in time.

PSN Fleety2009
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    It varies with the fight and tier. Generally anything where positioning is important is harder on 25 because the room doesn't change size while the fights where individual people's resources (i.e. interrupts) is harder on 10 because you don't have extras. H Ragnaros was crazy hard on 25 and my old guild never killed him like that, but forming a 10 he was half as hard. The sons certainly turned from threat to joke. My understanding is that most of the fights in t11 were harder on 10 (except notably the wind guy), most in 12 and 13 were harder on 25 (except hagara and couple of others in DS).

steam_sig.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

I'm sure blind will see a reduction in its cooldown, I reckon it won't be going down from 3 to 1 min

Why not? I'm pretty sure it's in the official 5.1 patch notes. I think they are trying to turn Blind into a legit form of CC (it already feels much better for CCing mobs than it used to... I think they buffed the mob CC duration for Pandaland which makes it useful for PvE). It also doesn't pull mobs when you use it out-of-combat like it used to.

This is nice to essentially give Rogues two forms of CC, one that can actually be applied in combat.

I need to get off my ass and macro it though.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited October 2012
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    It varies with the fight and tier. Generally anything where positioning is important is harder on 25 because the room doesn't change size while the fights where individual people's resources (i.e. interrupts) is harder on 10 because you don't have extras. H Ragnaros was crazy hard on 25 and my old guild never killed him like that, but forming a 10 he was half as hard. The sons certainly turned from threat to joke. My understanding is that most of the fights in t11 were harder on 10 (except notably the wind guy), most in 12 and 13 were harder on 25 (except hagara and couple of others in DS).

Eh. Its hard to make generalizations. Other than HRag type positioning requirements (which are rare in a tier) I would state that positioning is a non factor between 10 25 for the most part. When you are talking about different raid sizes. Because you also get the special cases (as you said with Hagara) where "positioning" and having the increased raid size makes the fight much much easier. It is usually a combination of things that makes the fight harder or easier on 10m or 25m.

For me the mere fact that difficulty in raid tiers exist between raid sizes invalidates the whole "25m is harder" argument. Coordination and effort have to be put in in both sizes. It is a statement I am actually growing tired of hearing. :)

Jubal77 on
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I'm sure blind will see a reduction in its cooldown, I reckon it won't be going down from 3 to 1 min

Why not? I'm pretty sure it's in the official 5.1 patch notes. I think they are trying to turn Blind into a legit form of CC (it already feels much better for CCing mobs than it used to... I think they buffed the mob CC duration for Pandaland which makes it useful for PvE). It also doesn't pull mobs when you use it out-of-combat like it used to.

This is nice to essentially give Rogues two forms of CC, one that can actually be applied in combat.

Blind being reduced from 3-1 min, is not a pve change. It already lasts 1 min against mobs , and with regards to not pulling mobs, that is a CC change that has been around for a while (the same applies to my hex). Considering CC in a pve sense is mostly about 5 mans, I've not seen anything to indicate this is an area rogues are struggling with (some of the first lot of gold challenges have included rogues).

So with that in mind, I think I can safely say that the idea behind this change, is that it is a pvp one. PvP has a rather silly amount of CC / lockdowns / interrupts / whatever going on already.

Furthermore, PvP is a mess anyway, so it is hard to make a clear case with regards to what rogues actually need (I suspect if it is anything, it is mobility issues, but I'm by no means an expert), but I'm pretty sure having a CC which can't be avoided or dispelled (outside of a paladin bubble?) is something that is not needed for pvp.

Note, I'm not saying that it should remain a 3min cooldown; 2 mins probably sounds about right, maybe 1.5, but 1 min is too short.

PSN Fleety2009
    edited October 2012

Blind being reduced from 3-1 min, is not a pve change. It already lasts 1 min against mobs , and with regards to not pulling mobs, that is a CC change that has been around for a while (the same applies to my hex). Considering CC in a pve sense is mostly about 5 mans, I've not seen anything to indicate this is an area rogues are struggling with (some of the first lot of gold challenges have included rogues).

So with that in mind, I think I can safely say that the idea behind this change, is that it is a pvp one. PvP has a rather silly amount of CC / lockdowns / interrupts / whatever going on already.

Furthermore, PvP is a mess anyway, so it is hard to make a clear case with regards to what rogues actually need (I suspect if it is anything, it is mobility issues, but I'm by no means an expert), but I'm pretty sure having a CC which can't be avoided or dispelled (outside of a paladin bubble?) is something that is not needed for pvp.

Note, I'm not saying that it should remain a 3min cooldown; 2 mins probably sounds about right, maybe 1.5, but 1 min is too short.

It helps PvE for sure though. It puts it on par with Polymorph I believe (poly I think actually has a shorter cooldown than the duration)

For PvP though, *shrug*... There are ways out of Blind like the pvp trinket, every man for himself, etc. Also it has diminishing returns in PvP so the 1m cooldown won't mean jack shit after a few applications. Also I can't remember but didn't they link Blind with Stun diminishing returns?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    p sure Blind can actually be avoided since MoP, it can be dodged. Yes, that's stupid.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    My guild wants to run LFR tonight but I am 9 points away from ilv 460. What is the fastest way to get gear? I am assuming run scenarios until I fill out my slots with 463?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    @Riokenn Heroic dungeons drop 463 gear. Also there's crafted epics, if you have the cash, check the AH (or ask in your guild).

Specifically http://www.wowhead.com/item=82437 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=82438

Grobian on
    edited October 2012
    Riokenn wrote: »
    My guild wants to run LFR tonight but I am 9 points away from ilv 460. What is the fastest way to get gear? I am assuming run scenarios until I fill out my slots with 463?

Looking at your gear you have several items below 450 that you should be able to upgrade to PVP crafted. Check the AH for the JC neck as well. Other than that your options are to further buy items off the AH or blast through Heroics for JP and chances at drops and upgrade your lowest ilvl slots with the JP. I would buy PVP helmet and pants at least and the JC neck. That will jump your ilvl by a decent amount.

Jubal77 on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    @Grobian It'll be a blow to my gold, but it will be worth it. I hope. :X Thanks for the info!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Is there any way to see your world boss "lockouts" for the week? I am going to assume not.

Scenarios are the worst way to get gear. I have done over a dozen and not once got anything but gold in the loot bag.

If you have gold or your friends don't mind giving you gold, buying BoEs is the fastest way to gain ilevel to be LFR ready.

For PvP though, *shrug*... There are ways out of Blind like the pvp trinket, every man for himself, etc.
    lolwutpear

The trinket is a 2-minute cooldown. CCs are so prevalent these days, your 2-minute break is not a viable counter to any given CC. EMFH is just the same thing as the trinket (and it's a racial). And what is the "etc." here? Besides the invuln spells Divine Shield and Ice Block, which are almost always going to be a waste if used on Blind, what are these supposed counters?

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    New build's going up, Blind is up to 1.5 minutes, no longer 60 seconds. Still better than 3 minutes.

Edit: And the Sprint change is up to 60 seconds from 45.

Halfmex on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So am I reading the Agony change wrong? It appears to have gotten the living shit nerfed out of it.

Also, it doesn't really effect me, but man they've been just shitting all over blood dk pvp capabilities left and right the last few patches.

Also also, do not like the change to Victory Rush to put it at a flat damage instead of scaling off AP. That's really dumb. If you want it purely to be a heal and not a damaging attack, take the fucking damage off of it and remake it as a self heal. We're really past the point in WoW were having non-scaling attacks is really acceptable.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I can live with 1.5. Wish they would have kept the Sprint change :(

edited October 2012
    For PvP though, *shrug*... There are ways out of Blind like the pvp trinket, every man for himself, etc.

Blind being dodged is silly; I imagine that's something that is a by-product of another change (is it not taking into account +hit?). But listing the pvp trinket and EMFH? Those both share the same cooldown, in addition to one being a racial. I know nearly every other character is a human, but there are actually a bunch of other races out there.

Also, lets not forget that friendly dispels are sitting on a cooldown; considering there is alot more CC than usual, that is also another rather big issue.

Do I need to go further as to why it is not needed in pve? Rogues have got sap, so if you want to sap one and blind another, knowing that you can "only" CC two things for 1 min rather than sap something and then blind it afterwards, well I don't know what to say.

And Blind has never shared DR with stuns. It shares it with disorientates.

Anyway, as predicted, the cooldown has gone up.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
    edited October 2012

Blind being dodged is silly; I imagine that's something that is a by-product of another change (is it not taking into account +hit?). But listing the pvp trinket and EMFH? Those both share the same cooldown, in addition to one being a racial. I know nearly every character is a human, but there are actually a bunch of other races out there.

Also, lets not forget that friendly dispels are sitting on a cooldown; considering there is alot more CC than usual, that is also another rather big issue.

Do I need to go further as to why it is not needed in pve? Rogues have got sap, so if you want to sap one and blind another, knowing that you can "only" CC two things for 1 min rather than sap something and then blind it afterwards, well I don't know what to say.

And Blind has never shared DR with stuns. It shares it with disorientates.

Anyway, as predicted, the cooldown has gone up.

How is this any different from Polymorph, Hex, Fear, etc?

And please, Sap is not an alternative. Sap requires you to be in stealth and the opponent to "not be in combat". It's beyond worthless as a CC except when setting up an attack. And if it's broken, that's it, you're done.

Edit: Blind being dodgable is because it's a physical attack - no longer a "poison" attack. I'm sure this is very much intended.

Warlock82 on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Wow, they are putting the fishing contest back in, but you can be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd to get the achievement.

EDIT: and a nerf to Blood DK PVP healing.

Nobody on
    edited October 2012
    Nobody wrote: »
    Wow, they are putting the fishing contest back in, but you can be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd to get the achievement.

They removed the Northrend fishing tournament portion of it though...kinda ominous. At least I already have the achievement.

Also the double rep things are in; look like usable items. Wonder how much those are going to cost. :(

EDIT: Did they switch the place of the quote and report buttons on posts?

The Dude With Herpes on

edited October 2012
    I'm ok with that. Though I still say it's bullcrap if it's cross realm. There are going to be waaay too many people doing it.

Weird that they took the Northrend one out.

Warlock82 on

They removed the Northrend fishing tournament portion of it though...kinda ominous. At least I already have the achievement.

Also the double rep things are in; look like usable items. Wonder how much those are going to cost. :(

I'm going to bet it's not going to be cheap given that using one unlocks it for all of your characters with that rep.

I'm going to bet it's not going to be cheap given that using one unlocks it for all of your characters with that rep.

Probably not, but pretty weak either way. It wasn't presented as a "after you reach revered with one class you can pay out the nose for a moderately easier time on future characters"; it was presented as a help for people playing alts.

Because they seem to be on a roll with really fucking stupid decisions lately, I'm gonna say 10k g per rep.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I assume Northrend is out because of CRZ. Easier to balance one zone around it than a whole continent.

So, the rep things are only panda reps. Are they not planning on doing it with old reps?

Considering how easy it is to level the old reps now (save for a few of the Insane ones), I'd be surprised if they did.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    they said they're "testing the waters" or somesuch with the panda factions and maybe they'd do the old ones later

Halfmex wrote: »
    New build's going up, Blind is up to 1.5 minutes, no longer 60 seconds. Still better than 3 minutes.

Edit: And the Sprint change is up to 60 seconds from 45.
    Well, they (mostly) came to their senses pretty quickly there.

Also, another thing that always conveniently seems to get left out when crying about how blind isn't good in PvE is that it works on everything. No humanoid/beast, beast/dragonkin, etc. limitations.

edited October 2012
    Considering how easy it is to level the old reps now (save for a few of the Insane ones), I'd be surprised if they did.

They definitely moved the quote button.

Vanilla reps are easy, but tbc are still locked to specific dungeons, wotlk/cata ones are still locked to the appropriate level dungeons with a tabard.

There's dailies, sure (for wotlk/cata; on some of the reps), but the amount of rep from them is still the same as they always were.

Vanilla reps are the only ones that generally got the shit buffed out of them (hated to exalted in timbermaw in an hour, for instance).

EDIT: Not really related, did I read the brawlers thing preview right...that only one person can be doing it at a time, at all? That seems...what? Having a rep tied to the thing and limiting one person on a server able to even do it at any given time? Wow.

The Dude With Herpes on

So, the rep things are only panda reps. Are they not planning on doing it with old reps?
    I'm going to guess not since they've made it into a stupid usable item thing, and they'd have to go back and create one/modify vendors for a bunch of old factions. Rather than put some effort into that they just won't bother. I thought it was just going to be an automatic system, but I guess expecting convenience was foolish in retrospect given how Mists has gone so far.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    pretty annoyed by the northrend fishing contest removal.
    god forbid they admit they made a mistake and/or actually fix the problems it caused.

This discussion has been closed.