As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old MechWarrior Online Thread

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    MechMantis wrote: »
    And as for variants... since they yanked one to replace it with a hero 'mech, one can only imagine that's their policy on the matter. Admittedly, it might be a bit early to worry about it, but we don't have any evidence to the contrary.

And if we make enough of a stink now they might change their minds on the current policy.

I can actually easily imagine that it's not their "policy." We have one data point to extrapolate from here. It could just as easily be a one-off situation as we're very early in the development of the game. In fact I strongly suspect that that's the case, and that in the future they'll do a better job of rolling out Hero 'Mechs without all the kerfuffle. After all, what are they gaining here? Do you think they think they'll rope in more people to buy YLW because they miss the AH? They've got to know that taking something away from people is much worse than never giving it to them in the first place.

That being said, yes, by all means head to the official forums and express your unhappiness. It can't hurt to make sure they know it's an unpopular move.

I would point out the ever-growing mound of events where a patch has hit, people have gone crazy over how the game was broken and doomed, and then the change is gone/fixed in 1-2 weeks, but that's getting really old. Yeah, definitely go to the beta forums and say you're unhappy with the change, but as of right now, the list of items which have made people unhappy and proven not to be policy versus the list of items which were stupid, permanent ideas is hugely stacked in favor of the former. The only thing that's certainly crappy with this whole YLW thing is the temporary (with a big emphasis there) inability for F2P to get up the pilot trees; even then, the pilot trees aren't a big deal either.

And believe me, the YLW isn't that big a deal. I've spent an assload of time with the Centurion chassis and, while the YLW does have a couple of key advantages (CT energy slots and a higher possible top speed), it's definitely not the "king" of the Centurion chassis. In fact, the YLW needs those changes to basically bring it up to par with the other Centurions, because that lone AC/20 in the arm presents huge problems. The YLW is far more of a balanced mech than, say, Streak Cats or the old Gaussapults (have those gotten changed now? Thought I saw an image for that...), and those were F2P mechs. Much like the vast majority of the available chassis in MWO, YLW is simply a good frame, not the "best" frame.

I mean, just watch any game where you've got a bunch of pubs running YLW; anybody's first move is to lop off that arm. I've done it 3 times myself in one game with a different, free Centurion chassis. Trust me, while there are definitely some legit gripes to be had here, the YLW is definitely not a pay-to-win situation.

EDIT: In fact, with the permanent 30% C-bill boost, the YLW (and likely Hero mechs in general) can easily be viewed as simply a way for later players to get Founder-type bonuses despite missing the cutoff, and they get the bonus for a lot cheaper than any of the Founder packages. Really not a bad setup at all, for those folks.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Alternating between matches, laundry, and waiting for a friend.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The only thing that's certainly crappy with this whole YLW thing is the temporary (with a big emphasis there) inability for F2P to get up the pilot trees; even then, the pilot trees aren't a big deal either.

Taking away an implemented canon 'mech is certainly crappy, too.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I think Cicadas have consistently managed to take down my LRM boat every time I've died.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Somebody asked about MC prices while I was at work and that was like four pages ago and I don't remember if it was answered.
    $99.95USD

$49.95USD

$29.95USD

$14.95USD

$6.95USD

Wait wait, did they increase the lowest buy in option price?

That was me, thanks for the heads up.

The other half of my question was if anyone had a link to the prices in the shop? Like, people have generalized about the rough $'s for a mech here and there, but I'd love to see a breakdown of what mechs for what points, how much the extra bay slots cost, etc, etc. Google was no help, and while I assume prices remain in flux to some degree or another, it'd be nice to see how things are shaping up for now at least.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Lo Yen Wang is pretty awesome.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »
    The only thing that's certainly crappy with this whole YLW thing is the temporary (with a big emphasis there) inability for F2P to get up the pilot trees; even then, the pilot trees aren't a big deal either.

And people will gripe and complain and PGI will either bring it back or bring in other Cent chassis. I love Battletech and general and I couldn't give a rat's ass about whether or not they're putting in "canon" variants; from a business sense, pulling the AH in favor of the YLW is, frankly, the smart business move. The two are extremely similar, almost to the point of redundancy, and PGI does have a right to make money here; the two would've been "competing" against one another, and most people would've just gotten the free version. And if somebody doesn't like not being able to have their ideal Cent chassis, well, it's a great thing that there are now a few dozen other chassis to choose from so they can get something they like. If somebody can't get over themselves enough because they want the subjectively "perfect" chassis, then they either need to fork over the cash or play some other chassis. The game is already hardly lacking in choice.

Not to mention the part where this is PGI's first implementation of actually paying for an item in-game, so pulling the AH to encourage people to buy the YLW is basically required for their own purposes. Shit's gotta get tested, and if nobody uses it, it doesn't get tested. They've also gotta be wildly curious as to whether or not people would even bother buying the chassis which, based on the frequency of YLW's showing up already, is pretty obviously successfuly, at least when people aren't spending the money permanently.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Syngyne wrote: »
    If they keep yanking the basic variants the hero mechs are based off of it can definitely turn into P2W. For instance, I am now completely locked out of Elite and higher mastery levels on my Centurions. And my primary mech is a CN9-AL.

Only temporarily. They're adding the Centurion D in November.

CN9-D can't run an AC/20.

That... doesn't have anything to do with the XP trees, which is the example you gave in your post.

Anyway, I still think you guys are thinking about this too rigidly. It isn't a balance problem for premium 'Mechs to be the best at something. The problem is if they're the best at everything. As long as free players have access to roles that they can fill just as well as a paying player, they can compete on even terms. It may become a problem in terms of keeping the game fun and interesting if you lock free players out of too many roles, but it's not a balance issue per se. In other words, not "pay to win" so much as "pay for variety."

The problem is that having less variety makes you less competitive overall. If they unlocked only assault classes to paying players, free players could have fun filling the roles of the other classes, but you would be at a disadvantage fielding a team against paying players. Introducing variants that are only available to paying players is absolutely creating a pay to win scheme, it's just a difference of degrees.

They may manage the degrees so that it isn't overbearing, but without the bright line of separation, you'll just have to trust their judgement. I'll continue investing my time into the game, but I will be wary about investing money until they've established a track record that shows they can tread a very fine line.

Are you "eudaimonian" or something like that on the MWO forums? I don't think I've ever seen anyone else use the phrase "bright line."

I'm afraid not. I'd guess I picked it up in a polisci course, but it's common enough that it has it's own wiki page.
    It does matter if you're playing as a full team of free players and you find yourselves unable to fill all the roles you'd like on your team with the free options available and you end up fighting against a team of paying players who happen to have a force composition that derives an advantage against yours on the basis of premium-only options. But honestly, do you anticipate a lot of full premade teams composed entirely of free players? In all likelihood, any group of people that's collectively that dedicated to the game is going to have at least a few members who will pay.

I could certainly see myself on a team of people who hadn't put their money into buying variants. I would eventually buy the short boosts to xp/cash and undoubtedly some superficial armor etc., but if I ever felt the desire to own something in a competitive game that gives me an advantage that I can't get through playing then I won't pay for it.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

And people will gripe and complain and PGI will either bring it back or bring in other Cent chassis.

Hopefully, perhaps even probably. But hope and faith that a mistake will eventually be fixed does not make it stop being a mistake.
    I love Battletech and general and I couldn't give a rat's ass about whether or not they're putting in "canon" variants;

Its status as a canon 'mech for decades is significant when PGI tries to tell us that it was "just a trial vehicle for YLW all along."

from a business sense, pulling the AH in favor of the YLW is, frankly, the smart business move.

Of course it does. That doesn't make it any less a shitty thing to do. Are we going to justify any move made based on how good a business decision it is? How is this relevant? A lot of the bullshit Zynga has done looked like a good business decision at the time (nowawadays, not so much, but they made Zynga's CEO rich enough to cut big checks to Obama while his employees are laid off by the hundreds). But I didn't see anybody around here white knighting for them.
    The two are extremely similar, almost to the point of redundancy,

No, they're not.
    Not to mention the part where this is PGI's first implementation of actually paying for an item in-game, so pulling the AH to encourage people to buy the YLW is basically required for their own purposes. Shit's gotta get tested, and if nobody uses it, it doesn't get tested.

MC changes aren't permanent yet. Plenty of people would have "bought" the YLW, certainly enough to sufficiently test it. People will buy it for the fancy paint scheme and C-bill bonus alone, even assuming they aren't aware of the finer points like the bigger engine capacity. It's ridiculous to claim nobody would get it if the CN9-AH was available. FEWER people (how many fewer is impossible to say) might buy it, and that's obviously the reason why the AH was removed - but it's a sleazy thing to do, made sleazier by not being straight with the players about it, and sets a troubling precedent that seriously undermines whatever faith of a lot of us have in PGI even if yours seems to be unshakeable.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Forar wrote: »
    Somebody asked about MC prices while I was at work and that was like four pages ago and I don't remember if it was answered.
    $99.95USD

$49.95USD

$29.95USD

$14.95USD

$6.95USD

The other half of my question was if anyone had a link to the prices in the shop? Like, people have generalized about the rough $'s for a mech here and there, but I'd love to see a breakdown of what mechs for what points, how much the extra bay slots cost, etc, etc. Google was no help, and while I assume prices remain in flux to some degree or another, it'd be nice to see how things are shaping up for now at least.

Not perfect but I'm way too lazy to make it all pretty.
    mechse.png

Mechbay slots are 300 MC by the way.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I missed this from earlier, so I'll comment on it now.
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't @Ninja Snarl P been running an AC20 Cent prior to the YLW? Maybe he'd like to weigh in on whether or not adding an XL300 engine to that build would be an advantage or not.
    With an XL300 in a YLW, I hit 97 kph (with pilot perks). That's a pretty damn fast 50-ton mech hauling around an AC/20. Naturally, the downside is a hefty drop in durability, but I think the speed boost just about makes up for that. The CT lasers are also super-nice to have for the design, because even when the heavy gun goes, you can still get behind people with 2xMLAS or chases off scouts. Still, you're talking about dropping a 4 million C-bill engine into the frame, so there's a steep cost barrier there. If somebody couldn't buy that XL, they'd probably be better off running a gauss for a while. And even then, the 300XL isn't necessarily the best choice; it might be better to take something a couple tons lighter so you can have MPLASes (when the DHSes work right) and some more AC/20 ammo (my YLW tends to run a little light on that front).

But as much as I like the chassis, I'm actually not going to be running YLW until the DHS bug gets fixed. I dropped an assload of C-bills into mine (ES, XL300, DHS) and it has severe overheating problems without in-engine DHSes working properly. Now, once those DHSes get fixed, you're looking at a pretty beastly machine. Or somebody could just swap some stuff around to get a gauss in there, which certainly works, but isn't what I'm looking to play right now. It's a touchy mech, though, because you've got to play it right or people will peel that arm off ASAP. You gotta play smart and use that shield arm, or else you'll get neutered fast.

In the meantime, I'm contenting myself with a triple LL Centurion using a load of extra DHSes (they only count outside the engine, so you have plenty of space in a stock Centurion for them) that can alpha strike something like 5 times before heat is a problem. Lopping off YLW arms from 600m out, all day long.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    $99.95USD

$49.95USD

$29.95USD

$14.95USD

$6.95USD

Mechbays are 300 MC.

The mechs vary slightly on the variant but roughly:
    Commando: ~700 MC
    Jenner: ~1100 MC
    Raven: ~1000 MC, except the 3L which is 2000
    Cicada: ~1300 MC, except the 3M which is 2800
    Centurion: ~1500 MC
    Hunchback: ~1500 MC
    Dragon: ~2000 MC
    Catapult: ~2300 MC
    Awesome: ~2700 MC, except the 9M which is 4600
    Atlas: ~4000 MC, except the K which is 5500

Yen-Lo-Wang: 3750 MC

• Options
    I love Battletech and general and I couldn't give a rat's ass about whether or not they're putting in "canon" variants;

Its status as a canon 'mech for decades is significant when PGI tries to tell us that it was "just a trial vehicle for YLW all along."

You're looking at this the wrong way. There are many canon 'mech variants that aren't in the game. They're not saying that variant was one they made up as a test bed for the YLW. They're saying they only included it as a test bed for the YLW.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    The two are extremely similar, almost to the point of redundancy,

No, they're not.
    I did say "almost". I would certainly argue there's enough difference there to justify both chassis, but at least in this initial run, I would've done the same thing as PGI and at least temporarily pulled the AH. I'd be very surprised if it didn't return eventually, but it just isn't a big deal right now.
    Not to mention the part where this is PGI's first implementation of actually paying for an item in-game, so pulling the AH to encourage people to buy the YLW is basically required for their own purposes. Shit's gotta get tested, and if nobody uses it, it doesn't get tested.

MC changes aren't permanent yet. Plenty of people would have "bought" the YLW, certainly enough to sufficiently test it. People will buy it for the fancy paint scheme and C-bill bonus alone, even assuming they aren't aware of the finer points like the bigger engine capacity. It's ridiculous to claim nobody would get it if the CN9-AH was available. FEWER people (how many fewer is impossible to say) might buy it, and that's obviously the reason why the AH was removed - but it's a sleazy thing to do, made sleazier by not being straight with the players about it, and sets a troubling precedent that seriously undermines whatever faith of a lot of us have in PGI even if yours seems to be unshakeable.
    Obviously it wouldn't have been a matter of nobody buying the mech, but that just goes without saying. And there's nothing "sleazy" about making sure the item which actually makes you money will sell the most when the whole point of this undertaking, from the perspective of PGI, is to make money. From their side of things, how the YLW sells is likely more important than anything else they've done with MWO so far, simply because it will help them judge profitability. Whatever "faith" I have in PGI is based on this ridiculous history they have of giving the players what they want instead of just assuming they're a bunch of greedy assholes hell-bent on screwing people over, and I don't even know where people got that assumption from.

PGI isn't in this to hand out free sunshine and rainbows, there in it to make money. To that end, they need to know the best way their product will make money. The AH would've interfered, so they chucked it. Boo hoo. It was arguably my favorite chassis in the game, and I'm not worked up over it because I understand why they did it and have zero problem with it, from a business perspective.

Not to mention that, again, this is one instance of this when the game is still shaping up in the prototype stage. When PGI does this another couple of times, yeah, this "PGI is sleazy" thing might have some weight. For right now, it's making a mountain out of a molehill, with a single event being the entirety of the evidence of evidence for this notion. And if PGI makes a regular thing out of pulling chassis in order to "encourage" premium purchases, I'll be pissed too. Until then, I'm going to look at things as they are instead of sprinkling doomsaying over everything.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    For those asking a few pages back if the number of jump jets matters now, I can confirm that no, they still do not. One is as good as 5 in my Jenner. Making the same jumps at the same speed as before. I feel guilty cheating the system, but I'm not going to hobble my mech (2tons on a light is a big deal) when I know other Jenner pilots are shaving off the extra jump jets.

Other thoughts, fully upgrading my Jenner with all the new bells and whistles, I'm now maxed out on armor, can alpha strike with impunity on every map except Caustic, and strangely, Frozen (heat dissipation must be broken there), and even on those I can Alpha if I'm carefull and really choose to hold fire until I get a perfect shot. I've added a faster engine, and an AMS, which has become my new best friend when scouting.

So far, running against Cicadas, I'm not impressed. I'm sure things will change, but a lot of Cicada (Sih-Kay-Dah, people! :P ) pilots have a serious case of the cocky, thinking their extra 5 tons will make it easy for them to fill they hype as a light killer. I did not die once last night, even when stuck in a furball with no fewer than four cicadas taking shots at me on that one match in Forest.

For the good of the order, I seem to have hit upon an order of battle that seems to work well for me and the group. Please feel free to critique this.

1. Scout, let the team know what avenues are clear and or where the enemy easy. Even without the ability to target at long ranges, heat vision is awesome on some maps at spotting enemies at range.

1a. If, on certain maps, I scout all the way to enemy base with no contacts, tickle the base to see if I can get some to peel off from the main group.

2. If enemy scouts are around and separated from their group, take them down. Nearly every other enemy light mech I've gone up against breaks off and runs when they meet someone willing to trade blows. Once they give me their backs, more times than not, I have them. If no scouts are evident, run through the enemy herd and try to get them to play chase the Jenner. They seem to love playing chase the Jenner.

Our team seems to love when they play chase the Jenner. (Somone had a video earlier that shows a good example of me doing this on caustic).

At this point, I've considered my participation a success if I've done the above. Keeping enemy speedies off our heavies and assaults can help win matches.

3. Check and see if anyone needs help. At any point if someone needs help, break off and help, no matter what I'm doing. Likewise, go break up base caps.

4. At all times when running around, take shots at any enemy mechs that I pass. Every little bit helps.

5. If LRMs are a problem, go bother the boats.

6. If not, join the furball, looking out especially for enemies with badly damaged armor and pinpoint strike it, or enemies who seem clueless when their backs are struck, because they are engaged with a friendly. Help whittle them down.

7. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm posting this, looking for feedback, and also to help the other speed demons around here add to the discussion of what our roles are.

See you guys in game tonight!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I would add a point in there that says:
    -DON'T OVER-COMMIT. Everyone group up at a good spot, then wait for the scout report and see where the enemy goes before maneuvering to attack.

The reason I mention this is because or single biggest problem with PA groups is, bar none, charging straight at the enemy without planning first. Of the rare losses we get, the vast majority of them happen when the whole group moves out and just runs for it instead of stopping somewhere to see if a base cape is on the menu for the enemy team. About the only map this doesn't happen on is Forest Colony, because there's only one covered route there and the map is super-small.

Conversely, our most one-sided victories happen when we get a moment to do some planning and do things like flank the entire enemy team as they engage the other half of our team.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    Keeping enemy speedies off our heavies and assaults can help win matches.

3. Check and see if anyone needs help. At any point if someone needs help, break off and help, no matter what I'm doing.

Oh my tits yes! A thousand times these. I was worthless in the matches we were running with pubbies, because of lights harassing me. One match on forest had a cicada and a raven just ruining my shit.

Tox on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

3. Check and see if anyone needs help. At any point if someone needs help, break off and help, no matter what I'm doing.

Oh my tits yes! A thousand times these. I was worthless in the matches we were running with pubbies, because of lights harassing me. One match on forest had a cicada and a raven just ruining my shit.

Following up on this, and it's been said before, please ask for help by stating where you are, and if possible, what's on you. Target designation (alpha, echo, etc.) is especially helpful.

Do this, and I will stop what I am doing and be speeding to you at 132kph to help.

JudgeZed.png
  • Options

Following up on this, and it's been said before, please ask for help by stating where you are, and if possible, what's on you. Target designation (alpha, echo, etc.) is especially helpful.

Do this, and I will stop what I am doing and be speeding to you at 132kph to help.

In addition to this, I find it immensely amusing to see some poor sap getting swarmed by 3-4 lights. Sure, I'll help, but probably from far enough away that those lights won't be coming after me. Little bastards.

And keep in mind that, even when swarmed by lights, only 1-2 at a time can probably actually shoot at you if you run away from them, especially if you're in a scout. That won't stop them from all shooting at you, but some serpentine evasions and back armor should keep you plenty alive until you can withdraw past some bigger buddies. In the meantime, they'll happily be shooting one another in order to try and get you, which is also amusing.

• Options
    Crazed LlamaCrazed Llama Registered User regular
    how are people getting an XL300 into a YLW, it's only showing me the 280 as the highest engine in mechlab

am i doing something dumb

tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    CabbsCabbs Registered User regular
    Jesus wept the atlas costs a lot to repair

Just won the last game and got 160-180k for it, but dying in the process. 120k immediately deducted for repairs. 120k to repair a non-upgraded, non-DHS atlas.

And that's after I downgraded from a silly DHS setup because I was literally hemorrhaging cbills. Goddamn I wish we could see repair costs, then I would have not bothered paying to both upgrade and then downgrade a goddamn atlas. Millions of bills torched, and i'm back where I was two hours ago.

I guess I'll have to pony up for some premium game time bonus if I actually want to actually use an Atlas.

• Options
    how are people getting an XL300 into a YLW, it's only showing me the 280 as the highest engine in mechlab

Nope, you're the smart person and we're all dumb. 280 is indeed the biggest engine that will go in; I was saying the completely wrong engine size. Still top out at 97 kph with efficiencies, though, even if we were saying the wrong engine size.

• Options

In addition to this, I find it immensely amusing to see some poor sap getting swarmed by 3-4 lights. Sure, I'll help, but probably from far enough away that those lights won't be coming after me. Little bastards.

And keep in mind that, even when swarmed by lights, only 1-2 at a time can probably actually shoot at you if you run away from them, especially if you're in a scout. That won't stop them from all shooting at you, but some serpentine evasions and back armor should keep you plenty alive until you can withdraw past some bigger buddies. In the meantime, they'll happily be shooting one another in order to try and get you, which is also amusing.

Yeah, I'll admit to being really bad at calling out my location, but in that one particular match it wouldn't have helped.

• Options
    Crazed LlamaCrazed Llama Registered User regular

Nope, you're the smart person and we're all dumb. 280 is indeed the biggest engine that will go in; I was saying the completely wrong engine size. Still top out at 97 kph with efficiencies, though, even if we were saying the wrong engine size.

I was reading the 700 page thead about the YLW on the beta forums and not one person has said "hey it can only hold a 280" so maybe they patched it or something?

tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular

Hahah, nice. :P I guess that means the Gausscada is even more competitive! Also means the garden-variety Centurions and Hunchbacks top out at only ~6.5 kph slower (before efficiencies).

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    Playing some games now, join pls.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Multiple game sites are reporting that open beta is going to launch Monday. url=http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/26/mechwarrior-online-launches-open-beta-on-monday/]Massively[/url url=http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/mech-warrior-project/1226507p1.html]Gamespy[/url

I really hope that isn't true, its going to be an absolute clusterfuck if it is.

• Options
    This just showed up on the MWO front page: http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/10/490-russ-bullock-on-open-beta

So yep, looking like Monday. Once again, I wish they'd take a week to polish after a major feature patch before opening up, but OH WELL.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just got this in my e-mail:
    Monday Oct. 29th - New Mechs, New Toys, Open Beta!

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you an update on how everything is going, and to thank you for being here with us!

Firstly: Open Beta is on schedule and will be beginning quite soon (12 noon PDT, Monday!) This means we’re very close to getting the final phases of the main beta features coming in. On that as well, Open Beta is our final reset. Once it happens, we will not be resetting everything again. We will be resetting C-Bills, MC, XP, GXP, Mechs, and inventory. The only thing you’ll keep is your friends list. However, if you have a Founders pack, everything will be added from that pack. Also anything you’ve purchased (with MC) will be added back.

Also, we’ve added the Cicada, which is currently my favourite Mech. It’s a lot of fun, and if you have the chance, I seriously suggest you try it out. We also added new variants to the Jenner (JR7-K); Raven (RVN-3L); Awesome (AWS-9M). And for your Mechs equipment, we added Ferro-Fibrous armour, Endosteel structure, and Double Heat Sinks. I’m feeling more and more a kid in a candy store in the Mechlab. On top of that, we added our first hero Mech, the ever-iconic Centurion, Yen-Lo-Wang! Sporting an AC/20, two medium lasers, 30% C-Bill boost, and a very cool paintjob, the Yen-Lo-Wang certainly stands out on the battlefield! (Check it out in the Mechlab for more info.)

Ah, and one more thing – we’re adding the Premium Account Button for Founders purchasers. What does it do? Shortly after Open Beta hits, Founders purchasers’ premium time will be reset once more and a button will be added. If they press this button, their time will begin. This will be a one-time deal, so use it wisely!

For more information on all of this, please feel free to read this post from Piranha Games President Russ Bullock.

Thank you for reading, and we hope you enjoy the game.
    We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

MechWarrior® Online™
    Piranha Games Inc.
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    http://mwomercs.com/

So, open Beta comes Monday. May be time for a new thread.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Meh.

I think they should have waited a week before even announcing OB. Again, there are what appear to be bugs with the last patch. I don't have a problem with a buggy patch, even after all the delays. It's normal for something to be off (although engine weights and engine-mounted DHS being buggy is something they should have caught in even an initial soft test run), but for them to go forward just doesn't seem right. Either way, though, I'll probably pony up the cash to get enough MC to buy what I need.

e: Incidentally, anybody know what the sale price of a stock Atlas K is? (as in, what you get when you sell it and all components).

Tox on
  • Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you an update on how everything is going, and to thank you for being here with us!

Firstly: Open Beta is on schedule and will be beginning quite soon (12 noon PDT, Monday!) This means we’re very close to getting the final phases of the main beta features coming in. On that as well, Open Beta is our final reset. Once it happens, we will not be resetting everything again. We will be resetting C-Bills, MC, XP, GXP, Mechs, and inventory. The only thing you’ll keep is your friends list. However, if you have a Founders pack, everything will be added from that pack. Also anything you’ve purchased (with MC) will be added back.

Also, we’ve added the Cicada, which is currently my favourite Mech. It’s a lot of fun, and if you have the chance, I seriously suggest you try it out. We also added new variants to the Jenner (JR7-K); Raven (RVN-3L); Awesome (AWS-9M). And for your Mechs equipment, we added Ferro-Fibrous armour, Endosteel structure, and Double Heat Sinks. I’m feeling more and more a kid in a candy store in the Mechlab. On top of that, we added our first hero Mech, the ever-iconic Centurion, Yen-Lo-Wang! Sporting an AC/20, two medium lasers, 30% C-Bill boost, and a very cool paintjob, the Yen-Lo-Wang certainly stands out on the battlefield! (Check it out in the Mechlab for more info.)

Ah, and one more thing – we’re adding the Premium Account Button for Founders purchasers. What does it do? Shortly after Open Beta hits, Founders purchasers’ premium time will be reset once more and a button will be added. If they press this button, their time will begin. This will be a one-time deal, so use it wisely!

For more information on all of this, please feel free to read this post from Piranha Games President Russ Bullock.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

MechWarrior® Online™
    Piranha Games Inc.

"We will be resetting C-Bills, MC, XP, GXP, Mechs, and inventory. The only thing you’ll keep is your friends list. However, if you have a Founders pack, everything will be added from that pack. Also anything you’ve purchased (with MC) will be added back."

confused? first they say they will reset MC, but then at the end toss in anything bought with MC will be added back (so does that mean MC is not being reset?)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Greetings everyone!

MechWarrior® Online™
    Piranha Games Inc.

"We will be resetting C-Bills, MC, XP, GXP, Mechs, and inventory. The only thing you’ll keep is your friends list. However, if you have a Founders pack, everything will be added from that pack. Also anything you’ve purchased (with MC) will be added back."

confused? first they say they will reset MC, but then at the end toss in anything bought with MC will be added back (so does that mean MC is not being reset?)

Translation:
    1. Everything you've ever purchased (with Cbills or MC) will be gone; the only thing left from Closed Beta will be your friend list.
    2. If you have a Founder pack, all of your Founder funbux will be refunded and you'll have your Founder mech(s).
    3. If you bought MC outside of the Founder pack, all of that MC will be refunded.

EDIT: Everybody make a special note of the OPTIONAL start time for your Premium time from the Founder pack. It DOES NOT START as soon as Open Beta hits; you have to manually start your Premium time by pressing the button. This means you are fully able to save your Founder Premium time until the game is in a more stable state, if you so wish.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I think they're just re-emphasizing that, even if you bought something with MC, you'll get the MC back.

• Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    Shouldn't they remove the With MC part then? and just put "purchased MC will be refunded"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I think they're just re-emphasizing that, even if you bought something with MC, you'll get the MC back.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn sure this is right and whoever composed that email is just a really bad writer. Look at the paragraph describing the Founder's premium time reset/activation mechanism for further evidence!

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    fuckballs. this is not ready. they got a ton of cash already, why the rush? i understand its still a beta, but its their "release". will more content come monday?

also, does BAP and ECM work?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    fuckballs. this is not ready. they got a ton of cash already, why the rush?]
    Because they want MORE money. $5 Mil is a lot, but when they've probably got 20+ people working on the game for more than 2 years, it's not hard to burn through that kind of cash.

But agreed. Nowhere near ready.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    fuckballs. this is not ready. they got a ton of cash already, why the rush? i understand its still a beta, but its their "release". will more content come monday?

also, does BAP and ECM work?

BAP and ECM do not, in fact, work yet. NARC is still...shitty. SSRMs still only target CTs.

to say nothing of the SHS/DHS issue.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    well... i will sooth myself by telling me its just a beta and fun to play if you dont get spun up about the quirks.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Greetings everyone!

MechWarrior® Online™
    Piranha Games Inc.

Translation:
    1. Everything you've ever purchased (with Cbills or MC) will be gone; the only thing left from Closed Beta will be your friend list.
    2. If you have a Founder pack, all of your Founder funbux will be refunded and you'll have your Founder mech(s).
    3. If you bought MC outside of the Founder pack, all of that MC will be refunded.

EDIT: Everybody make a special note of the OPTIONAL start time for your Premium time from the Founder pack. It DOES NOT START as soon as Open Beta hits; you have to manually start your Premium time by pressing the button. This means you are fully able to save your Founder Premium time until the game is in a more stable state, if you so wish.

But you should start it when open beta hits because
    At an estimated Nov 13th patch all Founders will have their premium time reset once again (two free weeks of premium time!) and be given a “button” that allows Founders the opportunity to choose exactly when to start their premium time. It will not start counting down until you, the Founder, decide it is worth it.