As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    please say yes

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I'll be home most of the day, message me on steam if anyone wants a game

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'm going to be working a bit late, wont be able to make the 5:30 game, but will probably be able to make one tomorrow afternoon or evening some time. Which should give me some time to relearn the streaming.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I will also be on late since I've got nothing to do, so if you're up late we can get a practice game in

• Options
    It's okay ZH, I took care of VeeVee, 3-0

• Options
    Different team though

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    Different team though

Phooey

• Options
    @Zombie Hero

Got a time frame for today?

• Options
    Early evening, 5-6ish cst if that works for you

Steam
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Earlier the better. I'll be on just message me on steam once you're ready to go

Veevee on
  • Options
    Ok, the game starts in just a few, and the streaming will be on http://www.livestream.com/coachzh

Steam
  • Options
    Welp, sometimes it looks like a team has a chance, but then Nuffle steps on their neck.

Steam
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Yea, that looked like it hurt.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I missed the game :( I'll still send messages out through our BB Group in Steam for anyone wanting to stream any games, just send me a message.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I missed the game :( I'll still send messages out through our BB Group in Steam for anyone wanting to stream any games, just send me a message.

The first half was close, and ended in a 0-0 tie. Werewolves received in second half, and managed to score after 4 turns. Then nuffle decided he hated comebacks. Necro got the blitz on kickoff event, and basically were able to score on the following turn. Necro then got blitz AGAIN. The biggest insult was when i knocked the norse ball carrier out of bounds and the inbound ball landed right next to my werewolf in scoring position.

3-0 in favor of Endless Moon

Steam
  • Options
    If anyone wants to play an open league game, ill be around for the next couple of hours.

Also, we need one more member to be our sixth league member.

Steam
  • Options
    It's me! I am the one. Just need to decide on a team. What's in there right now?

• Options
    I think its khorne, underworld, chaos dwarves, norse and skaven

Steam
  • Options
    Just go with Ogres

• Options
    Just play whatever team you want, and dont worry about copies.

Steam
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    OK: League News:

Everyone in the PA Chaos League needs to quit and join the PA Chaos League Open, with the same password. Apparently i could not switch the first league to an open format and id rather we manually do the schedule.

Here is a placeholder for the records sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgSjho2Wv7NCdFVVYkp0cTlsU2wxamF4Z1RDOTh6alE#gid=0

Somebody see if that works.

League Rules:

-The league is an open schedule, but try to get one game in per week. The season will end when everyone has played everyone else, or failing that, everyone has played six games.
    -Try not to play any opponent more than twice. there is no hard limit in the league rules so you'll have to regulate this yourself. We can make exceptions for folks in difficult time zones if we have no other choice.
    -Don't be a goose about matchups. Stunty teams, don't avoid the bashy teams. Bashy teams, don't seek out the stunty teams more than you normally would. The goal is for everyone to play everyone once, and it is a pretty easy system to game, please don't.
    -The top two teams will be determined by record, TV will have no weight.

If any late teams join, we can make adjustments.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    My ogres are in there. If any of them die I quit.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Moved my dwarves across.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    I have one of every team. I am that big of nerd.

• Options
    Moved my underworld team

• Options
    Everyone who has moved their team has been accepted. Commissionerships have been assigned. Feel free to begin your matches whenever you have the opportunity

Steam
  • Options
    ZH, you wanna get our game in tonight?

• Options
    Did our league already die this quickly?

• Options
    Sorry, XCOM has distracted me from the blood bowls. If I'm on steam, send me a message any time and I'll play if I have the time

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I got gifted this.

So it looks like I'm back.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to play tonight I am in the main PA group's chat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll be on tonight, don't be afraid to send me a message via Steam and interrupt New Vegas.

• Options
    I cannot play tonight as there is a hurricane outside my house. I assume that may impact my connection/power at some point.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Anyone know what the patch fixed?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I'm raising the dead, but I just got the Legendary Edition and...

How the fuck you play this game good?

• Options
    I'm raising the dead, but I just got the Legendary Edition and...

How the fuck you play this game good?

Best way is to play against human opponents as the AI cheats. Second Best way is to do the, urm, sorta like a tutorial mode, where each match they give you a set of goals to make. This was helpful in learning how most of the skills work in practical situation. If you play the AI play on Medium, Easy and Hard are not easier and harder, just more variation on how badly the AI cheats.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    NOOOO! Don't raise this thread and don't buy these games!

There's zero integration in Steam. You have to jump through hurdles with CD keys, online registration and logins to play online. The interface for playing with your friends is very confusing at first. But the real killer is the very shaky net code these games have. Me and my buddy live in the same city with 100mbit fiber lines and we got disconnected several times. When we finally managed to log into the game others in the chat confirmed that the network is really shoddy in all titles. AND THEIR SUPPORT IS NONEXISTENT! Further, that they release each new title as a completely separate game instead of expansions fractions the online community, and I bet the older titles don't get the patches of the newer ones, even though just the teams and arenas differ.

We uninstalled our Chaos Editions and they left a real bad impression on us! The developers do not deserve any more money. Hopefully, in a few years time, the license will either go elsewhere, or someone will release an unlicensed version with slightly different rules and teams.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    eobet wrote: »
    NOOOO! Don't raise this thread and don't buy these games!

There's zero integration in Steam. You have to jump through hurdles with CD keys, online registration and logins to play online. The interface for playing with your friends is very confusing at first. But the real killer is the very shaky net code these games have. Me and my buddy live in the same city with 100mbit fiber lines and we got disconnected several times. When we finally managed to log into the game others in the chat confirmed that the network is really shoddy in all titles. AND THEIR SUPPORT IS NONEXISTENT! Further, that they release each new title as a completely separate game instead of expansions fractions the online community, and I bet the older titles don't get the patches of the newer ones, even though just the teams and arenas differ.

We uninstalled our Chaos Editions and they left a real bad impression on us! The developers do not deserve any more money. Hopefully, in a few years time, the license will either go elsewhere, or someone will release an unlicensed version with slightly different rules and teams.

I'm going to defy your wishes and try to raise this thread :)

This game's online integration is definitely on a shoestring budget and is not particularly slick or modern, but it works. I created an account and was playing a match within 5 minutes, and there are consistent players online to play matchmaking against. I have played about 20 games over the last two weeks and never had a disconnection.

They switched something major over with regard to their online system (new servers or something? unclear to me since I didn't experience the old version, but all the announcements are still up on their "news" board) in late January, so perhaps that helped with whatever issues you were experiencing.

Bottom line, this game is as far as I can tell a completely accurate (save missing a few star players) re-creation of tabletop blood bowl, which is a great game that is perfectly suited to being run on a computer. I've been having a blast just playing random matchmaking games and have not encountered anyone that has made for a negative play experience. For someone like me who has basically no prospects of getting a tabletop blood bowl game going (much less a wide variety of opponents to play) this game has been an outstanding replacement.

I think alot of the appeal of the game is similar to one like XCOM, where you get to watch your players grow and organically develop their own history. Also like XCOM, you get to watch them be horrendously killed at a split second, leaving you constantly on edge :)

I'm "Orestus" on Steam if anyone wants to try to play a match :)

Orestus on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    The game is accurate, and really fun, ask any of us that played in the leagues. The issues are almost exclusively on the programming side of things. Shit net code, poor interface, unable to reroll winnings in matches that need validation.

Basically, if they just had someone else actually code the game, everything would be great.

Having said that, I've really been feeling the itch to play again.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

50433.png?1708759015