As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old MechWarrior Online Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    After all, what's cooler than five million dollars?
    giant stompy futuristic pretend robot wars, that's what.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Word on DHS, and how they aren't working right atm:
    We have found an issue with the current DHS implementation where the engine DHSs are acting like single, standard heat sinks. Unfortunately this was missed in testing on all levels of development including myself. We apologize for the oversight and have found the problem.

Since we didn't know that DHS wasn't as intended, we will be updating the game internally and retesting it with the new engine DHS fix. We will then make a call as to which system is how we want the game to pay out.

I will personally come back here and let you know that decision before it's pushed on to the live production servers. We will fast track the version that we want to put on live so you will see the fix (either way) go up on November 6th.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Can someone PM me the Vent PW? I would like to step away from pugging for a while and actually play in a strangely coordinated fashion!

• Options
    Hyku wrote: »
    Can someone PM me the Vent PW? I would like to step away from pugging for a while and actually play in a strangely coordinated fashion!

Yen Lo......

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    well... i will sooth myself by telling me its just a beta and fun to play if you dont get spun up about the quirks.

They can call it whatever they want, but when they start exchanging real money (MC) for permanent digital goods, it's a de facto release.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Hyku wrote: »

Yen Lo......

Some how deep down in my soul, I knew that.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I'm contemplating making a Mechlab website to allow people to play around with builds.

A hard part is keeping everything up to date, and knowing how the values work, although datamining helps out there.

Anyone capable of figuring out numbers and keeping things up-to-date on data entry side that is interested in helping out, send me a PM.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    I'm contemplating making a Mechlab website to allow people to play around with builds.

A hard part is keeping everything up to date, and knowing how the values work, although datamining helps out there.

Anyone capable of figuring out numbers and keeping things up-to-date on data entry side that is interested in helping out, send me a PM.

This is already in the works.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »

This is already in the works.

By who?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I just want to call bullshit on none of them catching it since it took any player about two matches to go "Somethings wonky"

But hey, maybe they just didn't realize it wasn't working right.

• Options
    Yeah the heatsink bug amazes me that they didn't pick up on it. Like, as soon as someone noticed something was off, someone immediately tested the same loadout with and without DHS, and the bug was immediately confirmed.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Someone want to get the new thread started? I would, but I'm still at work, and won't be out for another 1½ hours.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I just want to call bullshit on none of them catching it since it took any player about two matches to go "Somethings wonky"

But hey, maybe they just didn't realize it wasn't working right.

Keep in mind that we have more playtesters that hop on Vent in a day than they have actual employees. If you did something like, say, build the one Centurion I have, which has 7 DHSes added on outside the engine, then yeah, it would be pretty easy to think the DHS system is working as intended.

The devs may make this stuff, but we play it a helluva lot more than they do and so are going to have a much better, faster feel for when things aren't right.

Not saying they aren't actually trying to spin actual developmental intent as an "accident", but when you've got to build and playtest a game getting as complicated as this one, I don't think it's too horribly unreasonable to miss something like that.