As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 89 - Khorne Leads the Old World to the Slaughter!

123457»

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    @jakobagger - any preference on what you'd like to summon to The Badlands? I'll just take a Seductress from Kislev in the meantime.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    @stever777 - not that it matters either, but would you like to discard to save your Tilean Acolyte? I'm going to assume yes as I do the wrap-up.

edited October 2012
    Round 4, Corruption Phase

game89state291.png

The Uprising (Peasant tokens add to regions' resistance) has led to Peace (no dice in battle phase at Event)... in Troll Country. Hooray!

Chaos effects:
    Kislev: Bath (K places corruption for kills) and Stench (-1 die for others during battle phase)
    Estalia: Havoc (Warriors and Greater Daemons roll no dice and place corruption during battle phase) and Bath (K places corruption for kills)
    Tilea: Subtlety (Daemonettes/KoS place corruption during corruption phase)
    The Badlands: Ascension (if S dominates, may summon a Seductress or Daemonette here)

Domination step:
    Troll Country: +1 VP DAC
    Kislev: +3 VP, +2 corruption DAC
    Bretonnia: +6 VP
    Estalia: +4 VP
    Tilea: +3 VP
    The Badlands: +3 VP, Seductress ascends

Corruption step:
    Kislev: +1, +2 DAC, +1 - 2ND RUINED! - +4 VP +4 VP +4 VP +4 VP +4 VP
    Bretonnia: +1
    Estalia: +4, +2 DAC - 3RD RUINED! - +4 VP +4 VP
    Tilea: +3 DAC, +1
    The Border Princes: +1
    The Badlands: +2 DAC

Updated VP:
    21 + 18 = 39 VP
    33 + 7 = 40 VP
    8 + 8 = 16 VP
    13 + 10 = 23 VP
    18 + 5 = 23 VP

blahmcblah on
    edited October 2012
    Round 4, End Phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

game89state30.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - no effects

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - none

3. Resolve Old World cards - no effects

4. Score Ruined Regions - Kislev: +6 VP +6 VP - Estalia: +10 VP +5 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - There is a tie for most DACs; all gods tick once

17 - Score 4 VP
    18 - Score 3 VP
    20 - Upgrade
    19 - Upgrade
    16 - Upgrade

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 39 + 14 = 53 VP
    Nurgle: 40 + 9 = 49 VP
    Tzeentch: 16 + 5 = 21 VP
    Slaanesh: 23 VP
    The Horned Rat: 23 + 6 = 29 VP

6. Check for Game end - At least one god has reached 50+ VP; the game ends.

KHORNE WINS A VP VICTORY!

Congratulations pesky!

Board at game's end:

game89state311.png

blahmcblah on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Yeah, seductress from Kislev is fine.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    well done khorne

god that was a miserable game for me. great job hosting blah, and thanks, but I felt pretty screwed from the get-go : /

Thanks for playing, all! Great Lambs play there at the end, pesky. Yeah, Eddy, Peasant Uprising is never fun for the Rat, and then the Old World put even more peasants out there. Hopefully it'll work out better for you next time!

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    @stever777 - not that it matters either, but would you like to discard to save your Tilean Acolyte? I'm going to assume yes as I do the wrap-up.

Oh, right, I forgot about that.
    Yes, I would.

Congrats, pesky!
    I was screwed by myself early. :(

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • peskypesky Registered User regular
    Phew...half expecting to have my daemon warp portalled out of brettonia.

Thanks for the game fellas. And thanks for hosting blah.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Yeah, thanks for hosting blah!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    This was an amazing last turn to watch...

Yeah, 32 point round from Khorne with no Bloodletter upgrade. That's, uh, pretty good.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I would have gotten like, so many points next turn.... Yeah, I think have a way to figuring out how to play Morrslieb Slaanesh.

Thanks for hosting, blah, and congratulations pesky.

• Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Congrats Khorne

....That game went so wrong.
    Thought i had it. Wasn't expecting 32.
    bum.
    Still. I got Khorned pretty bloody hard.
    I mean, Mr Angry & double rampage seems a harsh first turn.
    I figured that after the 2nd warrior I would be safe, why would anyone put Mr angry in the ONLY province he can die?
    I thought long and hard about placing the GUO in response to Mr Angry.
    Not sure if I should have. The Empire paid off real good.
    4 Tz Dice, 3 Rat & 2 Nurgle dice on turn 2 Empire seems a bit odd. So does killing the Khorne kultists, but then again I had to plump up just to make sure I was going to survive, and they rolled bad...

Turn 3 I was going to infest the north of the board, but then Havoc appeared.
    Suddenly there were two type of locations.... Places where I get Attacked by Khorne, and Kislev. As evidence of Khorne's Nurgle Psychosis, I have one point in the first kind of location. Khorne killed that cultist by moving it to Brettonia and Eating it with Mr Angry.

Turn 4 was about trying to dominate, ruin and own Kislev to get above 50. The last set of dice rolls were me rolling 3 dice against Rat rolling 3 dice. If I rolled the same or more, I get above 50. Fifty Two to be exact. Khorne winning outright was just not on my radar. I expected him to do it turn 5, or be stopped. I had expected to be stopped by the Rat playing a skitterleap in Troll Country, but I spoze he squandered his only one last turn.

I put a Filth in Tilea, changed my mind and did something else. Perhaps better play would have put it in Estalia, making a draw. Except that Khorne might have done the math and done sumthin else oçorse.

I think I did the best I could, while being repeatedly headbutted from halfway thru turn one by an unhappy Minotaur. And... I don't see no-one else dancing with three red stooges in their provinces.
    I would be very interested to try Nurgle again. I think the 4-5 warrior in Brettonia/Estalia is an entirely viable strategy. I think it allows Nurgle the ability to do all sorts of Mischief.
    If Khorne is stupid enough to try that again with Mr Angry, the GUO is turning up in responce.
    Then, Mr Angry dies to 5+ dice. (Stopping 4 turns of Brettonia, and two Lambs.)

Wow. Turn 4 points with Khorne is really not what I was expecting...

Magic Geek on
  • Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    Hmmm. Thought about the plan again of putting the GUO as my third placement some more. in that first rampage I would get 5 dice. and he would get 4. The problem is if I roll 0-1-2 hits and dont kill Mr Angry. According to the "Mr Blarney Battle dice Probabilities" from page 1, that is going to happen 40% of the time. And Mr Angry is going to kill at least a one defence Nurgle warrior 93.4% of the time. That means about 37.4% of the time the rest of the game is looking REALLY BAD for Nurgle.

Even without a rampage, a standard combat at the end is still going to suck 27% of the time. The 6th Nurgle combat dice does really help, but having such a WOEFUL start seems hard to swallow. Then again, gotta stand and fight sometimes, or Nurgle just tastes like chicken.