As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of the Five Rings

2»

• Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    So I am organizing my cards and I am still in the process of it. Man I think I bought to many cards.

I about bought the newest edition decks, the Lion for the Matsu Cards and the Spider since thats new to me.

Katchem_ash on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Better series of names for the cards

1.THIS
    2.IS
    3.SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Heh. Me, I'd take a squad of Hida over Spartans anyday. ;)

Still waiting for my SE boxes to arrive. *glares at the mailbox*

But, from over at the official forums, someone mentioned getting a mispacked Phoenix starter with a bunch of full-bleed strongholds (some of the new promos).

Check it:

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fullbleed2eu6.jpg
    http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fulllbleedfx6.jpg

(And before anyone asks, The Shrine of Lady Sun is the new Draft stronghold.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PMAvers wrote: »

Better series of names for the cards

1.THIS
    2.IS
    3.SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Heh. Me, I'd take a squad of Hida over Spartans anyday. ;)

Still waiting for my SE boxes to arrive. *glares at the mailbox*

But, from over at the official forums, someone mentioned getting a mispacked Phoenix starter with a bunch of full-bleed strongholds (some of the new promos).

Check it:

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fullbleed2eu6.jpg
    http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fulllbleedfx6.jpg

(And before anyone asks, The Shrine of Lady Sun is the new Draft stronghold.)

That Scorp Ninja stronghold looks hot. Though it's been a while, and I am unclear if it is a once per turn ability.

Wait a minute, what the hell is that Spider shit?

Akinos on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    CRAAAB (battle)!!!!

And Scorpion, too. So uh. Anyone play the RPG?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tooled around with it for a bit. System isn't bad, but most of the fluff is scattered across all the editions, which is annoying.

I sucked so bad at the CCG. It always seem to come down to gold production, and I never had enough.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    CRAAAB (battle)!!!!

And Scorpion, too. So uh. Anyone play the RPG?

I play the RPG. In fact, I came in here hoping this thread was about the RPG, not the card game.

But yeah, I just finished a campaign recently. It's good fun, except for the fact that all dice hate me, D10s even more so.

Nechriah on
    edited July 2007
    I has a box.

hasabox.jpg

I wonder what's in the box?

hasabox2.jpg

Why, it be full of samurai mans. :D

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Very nice. I may be about to do the same when the next AGoT base set hits...

Akinos on
  • tomisboredtomisbored Cavalier, NDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow this is awesome thanks for all the info, I just bought the new lion clan starter and played with some friends who have been playing it from the start... lol I was so confused which was new for me since I am normally the go to guy for rules for card games.

BTW, can I get your thoughts and or opions on the new spider clan? I think they look kinda cool, but as I said I am pretty much a newb to the game so have no idea.

Thanks

tomisbored on
    A magician wandered along the beach, but no one needed him.
    edited August 2007
    tomisbored wrote: »
    Wow this is awesome thanks for all the info, I just bought the new lion clan starter and played with some friends who have been playing it from the start... lol I was so confused which was new for me since I am normally the go to guy for rules for card games.

The new starters are awesome as hell, aren't they? I'm quite impressed with them, since they're actually playable 40/40 (or very, very close) out of the box.

That, and the large-format, personalized-for-the-clan rulebooks are awesome as well.
    BTW, can I get your thoughts and or opions on the new spider clan? I think they look kinda cool, but as I said I am pretty much a newb to the game so have no idea.

I think they're definitely interesting, since they're Evil That's Thinking Outside The Boxâ„¢. They've realized that, hey, trying to crush the world in straight-up fighting just doesn't work, since that gives everyone else a force to unite against.

Havn't got the chance to *play* them yet, though, but I think they can be quite wicked. Pimp Daddy D is going to *screw* with decks.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Holy fucking shit. The Spider Clan is Motherfucking Daigotsu's Clan?!

Goddamnit. Must resist starting up for a fourth time.

Akinos on
    edited August 2007
    Akinos wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit. The Spider Clan is Motherfucking Daigotsu's Clan?!

Yeah. They're not technically a Clan in the Uppercase C legally sanctioned type, but more of a "group of Lost banded together to infiltrate Rokugani society with their minds on world domination." They've been working on getting their hooks in by favors. "Hey, Mr. Magistrate? I hear you have a bandit/undead/peasant revolt on your hands. We know that you're busy with matters of state and fighting other clans. We can take care of it, but you'll owe us a favor later. Okay?" Nevermind that they're probably behind the bandits/undead/peasant revolt to begin with...

On another, different note, some more mis-packed promos have shown up. This time they're alternate-art Rings and mon-stamped Imperial Favor cards.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • F_diskF_disk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh man I thought this was about the RPG. Silly me.

F_disk on
    "On the whole, you know, this whole world is run by brutes for the common and the stupid. Frankly."--David Bowie
    edited August 2007
    F_disk wrote: »
    Oh man I thought this was about the RPG. Silly me.

If you want to talk about the RPG, be our guest.

I really wanted to get a ninja shopper to go to GenCon so I can snag a copy of the Emerald Empire book, since it sounds frickin' *awesome.* Didn't have time to finalize it, though.

The preview:
    http://www.l5r.com/images/RPG/L5R%20EE%20-%20Intro%20Preview.pdf

On a related GenCon note, news from GenCon is that Scorpion took the Test of the Emerald Champion, and Shosuro Jimen is our new Emerald Champion. Eeeenteresting, since they've been getting hammer-fucked in the courts lately.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Bumping since the 30-Day Countdown for Stronger than Steel has started on the main page.
    http://www.l5r.com/products/stronger-than-steel-previews/

Also, the Phoenix previews are up at the Shrine of the Moon and Sun.

http://thelionclan.com/moonandsun/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=256

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • tomisboredtomisbored Cavalier, NDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    so one month later I got the spider clan deck and the phoniex... and I must say I am still a total novice at the game but I am defiently loving it!

tomisbored on
    A magician wandered along the beach, but no one needed him.
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I really wanted to get a ninja shopper to go to GenCon so I can snag a copy of the Emerald Empire book, since it sounds frickin' *awesome.* Didn't have time to finalize it, though.

The preview:
    http://www.l5r.com/images/RPG/L5R%20EE%20-%20Intro%20Preview.pdf

Holy crap that's alot of clans. I haven't followed the game at all since college (circa '99), when I had great fun playing a stereotypical big dumb Crab samurai. He helped save the emperor by jamming a Scorpion's head into the gears of the gate for the Imperial Castle.

Really...an Oriole clan? The hell?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    edited August 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    Really...an Oriole clan? The hell?

If memory serves, that was a minor clan-ship awarded to the Tsi family of smiths for a reason I can't remember at the moment.

Mainly because this is blowing my mind.

"Holy shit" is about the only thing I can think of. Those things are *massive*, and so much detail on them...

I mean, compare the Scorpion wallpaper version with the Full Resolution version. :shock:

Want. Want so bad.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I'm back somewhat into L5R with SE's release. Playing Scorpion, Lion, and Crane, except for the fact that Scorpion and Crane are wallet-rape, as always. Anyone in the San Diego area wanting to play?

Pjstelford on
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, I started this thread and I didn't look at it for so long. Anyway, why the hell are the lion clan shafted all the time. Its like almost every clan makes freaking toast out of them in the story lines. Every freaking Clan has bested the Lion Clan and they are supposed to be powerful?

I still haven't played with my Matsu deck, but I will in a short while. I liked the new series, because, hey, you get some Matsu's in the deck.

Katchem_ash on
    edited August 2007
    Man, I started this thread and I didn't look at it for so long. Anyway, why the hell are the lion clan shafted all the time. Its like almost every clan makes freaking toast out of them in the story lines. Every freaking Clan has bested the Lion Clan and they are supposed to be powerful?

I still haven't played with my Matsu deck, but I will in a short while. I liked the new series, because, hey, you get some Matsu's in the deck.

First, don't whine about factions. If there's one constant about L5R players, it's the whining. It gets real tedious. Secondly, Lion gets hosed on a regular basis, but so do everyone else. Except Crane. Crane are purdy.

Pjstelford on
    edited August 2007
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Eeesh, Yozo may make me play Dragon for my Dueling fix.

And Datsue-Ba's artwork is disturbing, more so then I expected to see from April Lee.

Pjstelford on