As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Registration is live! (entirely sold out)

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited April 2013 in PAX Australia
zerzhul on

• BerymBerym MetaGeek Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Got mine :) Three days pass with BYOC.

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    I don't get paid till Tomorrow... Awwwwwwwww...

• jreidjreid Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Three day pass! Awww Yeah!

• PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hells yeah! 3 day pass! BYOC was tempting... but I think I'd have more fun not worrying about my own computer :P

• KamiKazilikKamiKazilik Registered User new member
    I got my tickets this morning :D now just need 3 other mates to get there 3 days pass and I can book a hotel! Skipped out on BYOC, same reason as Psykar :S

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Got my tickets about 10 minutes ago. PayPal FTW. No need to book hotels. Victorian ftfw :D

• zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    Locked in Eddie! 3 day pass and waiting to confirm hotel.

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    3 Day Pass! Let's PAX.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Camaran wrote: »
    Got my tickets about 10 minutes ago. PayPal FTW. No need to book hotels. Victorian ftfw :D

Has to be something to make up for living in Victoria ;)

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Berym wrote: »

The weather.

Note to everyone, dress for all 4 seasons.

• GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    Boom, 3 day pass locked in. Sure as hell won't have any friends going so I should probably make myself less of a ghost on here.

Berym wrote: »

The weather.

Note to everyone, dress for all 4 seasons.

I'm going to be indoors most of the time. What's this 'weather' you speak of?

• HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    3 day pass get! Gonna be a great weekend :D

steamid: sewersider
    The showground has a lot of outdoor areas though - it would be silly for them not to use them.

I refuse to think about July weather now that it's not totally ass in Canberra, but sage words nonetheless on dressing for all seasons.

I have no idea what the venue's actually like, most of my 'real city' ventures are to Sydney events.

• skipgamerskipgamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So excited, just got my 3 day byoc pass. This is easily the biggest thing to happen in Melbourne. Can't wait to find out who'll be coming out and what after parties there'll be... Whether to get a hotel or not is a tough choice, I'm only about an hours drive away from the city and don't think I'll be wanting (or probably even in the state to) drive back and forth each day.

This has totally made my day/week/month/year. Always dreamt of a gaming con in our back yard, and the fact it's PAX makes it so much sweeter :D

skipgamer on
    edited October 2012
    deleted...

zerochosen on
  • EmbraceThePingEmbraceThePing ひきこもり Where the Crabbits and the Iz roam and the Jungle Queen rules the plainsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    3 day pass. 8)
    ...and it sounds like they are selling well.
    3 day tickets are 32% sold since yesterday. They may sell out, but one day passes should still be around until then, so no panic just yet.

EmbraceThePing on
    Wasn't sure how fast this would sell, didn't want to risk it despite having terrible finances this week.

@skipgamer You should treat yourself to a hotel if you can afford it, I suspect the prospect of that hour trip is going to feel mighty different at the end of each day.

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Wow, 32% already? That's a scary figure... Glad I just bought mine!

• AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I've got my 3-day pass.

Super pumped for this.

• KnightCarverKnightCarver Bioshock Fanatic RaptureRegistered User regular
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    Wow, 32% already? That's a scary figure... Glad I just bought mine!

Yes that is crazy - I've been more paranoid every day I have delayed buying tickets. Soooo...got my 3 day pass all paid up. Woo. Super excited.

Angels don't wait for slowpokes, Mr. B!
    No kidding, I got mine, and my I'm going to buy a few of my friends theirs cause they can't afford it right now @_@ Don't want them to miss out...

• AlpheonAlpheon Registered User regular
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    No kidding, I got mine, and my I'm going to buy a few of my friends theirs cause they can't afford it right now @_@ Don't want them to miss out...

Doing the same for a few of my friends at the moment. Love going to conventions, but never been to one that could be considered on the level of PAX, so don't want to miss out D:

edited October 2012
    I'd love to see some stats on the sales, as in, international vs australian purchases. Just curious. :) Soooooo pumped lol Hmm..under a year to get my costume ready.....;)

KnightCarver on
  • GibblesGibbles Registered User new member
    Bought my 3 day pass. Accommodation booked. Joined the PA forums. Its been a busy day.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'd love to see some stats on the sales, as in, international vs australian purchases. Just curious. :) Soooooo pumped lol Hmm..under a year to get my costume ready.....;)

I think that would be very interesting. PAX usually doesn't release very much information surrounding their ticket sales though. Honestly the whole % tweets are very non-typical as well.

I'd be surprised if we see numbers, the % updates are a way to make sure people don't miss out, but also a way of letting the naysayers know that this thing is going to work :)
    \

I def appreciated the % updates as I was going to delay for a week or so, but the tweets convinced me that waiting may not be wise!

• FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    Was going to do a BYOC; but I got the 3 day pass; I mean, saves me having to setup the PC, and get it all ready.
    I may get a booking at crown... even though I live 20min away :P

• FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    Just out of wonder.
    Whos paid for the...
    1day
    2day
    3day - Me
    BYOC(3day)
    For me, I paid for the 3day pass, as I was going to do the whole BYOC thing, but I just dont want to be spending the first 30min just setting up my rig, only to be at it for say 2 hours a day.

• MrChadMrChad Game Designer/Researcher Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    3-day pass, Melbourne resident :) Looking forward to meet everyone! If you see a guy wearing a fez, that's probably me :P

I make weird games..
    2YbLjhT.png
    Hovercade | Hovergarden
  • SaenoftheDeadSaenoftheDead of the dead Brisbane, AUSRegistered User new member
    3 day pass, if I'm flying down from Brisbane might as well go for all three days

• exisexis Registered User regular
    Was planning on holding off until I saw that half of the three-day passes were already gone. Dang, that was quick. Tickets confirmed!

• matchfixermatchfixer Registered User new member
    a group of 5 - 7 3 day passes

• peachykinspeachykins gamer, nurse, baker of delicious noms <3 Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    3 day BYOC

can't wait :D

<3

• Lochness_HamsterLochness_Hamster Registered User new member
    4: 3 day Passes, where making a trip of it from Northern NSW, with the family, we're all excited about it

Bought 2 3-Day passes and pumped up. :)

• AlpheonAlpheon Registered User regular
    3-day pass for me. Can't wait either :D Always wanted to do one of the American conventions, but never had the money. Now they're coming to me! XD