As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Working with Velcro

SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
So I have a Halloween costume that I need to make for next weekend. It involves velcro.

Basic idea is that I'll dress up as Vel the Crow (get it), and what'll make up all of my feathers would be slips of paper that could attach to me via velcro. The idea is that each slip of paper/velcro would have a terrible pun on it, thus making me a Vel-crow of tear-able puns.

Does anyone have any ideas as far as how I would get the velcro to stay on a piece of clothing? And then the other thing is too - is there custom velcro that you can write clearly on? Maybe sew paper to the velcro strips?

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    They sell strips or rolls of velcro with adhesive backings. You could just stick that to some posterboard and it should stay. If the clothing you're wearing is fuzzy enough you'd only need to attach the hooked half of the velcro to the board and it should adhere to the fabric well enough.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    You can also sew the scratchier side to a shirt in strips and wear that. Then you can cut the soft side into pieces, staple some paper to the pieces, and attach as many as you want that way. Should layer nicely.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yup, just what I was thinking. Something like this.

Don't expect anyone to flock to you, though. More likely you'll be murdered at the party. Dress up like Brandon Lee and go to a rave-instead.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I hate you a little. D:

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    That's just your personal 'pinion.
    credit to @thisisntwally

• Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    Haha awesome - Thanks guys :)