As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2013 Pax Aus Wish List Thread

KnightCarverKnightCarver Bioshock FanaticRaptureRegistered User regular
edited October 2012 in PAX Australia
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but my mind is racing with thoughts about who may be here and who I particularly want to see, etc. So, I thought I'd put the question out there...people, companies, developers, an upcoming game,etc...name it...what is it that YOU are hoping for??

To get the ball rolling with the first 3 that come to my mind, I'd love to see Irrational Games out here (with Ken Levine), a Rockstar booth and a Bethesda booth. Oh and the other thing I want....lots and lots of LOOT!!!

Angels don't wait for slowpokes, Mr. B!
KnightCarver on

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    1. Pro LoL Teams... But yeah.. not like there will be a tournament or anything... So... That's not happening... I can dream can't I?? Dignitas and TSM :3

2. Riot.

3. Trion (partially so I can slap them in the face for making my life living hell for 18 months, partially so I can lecture them on shoe designs)

yeah... That's about it XD

• Options
    peachykinspeachykins gamer, nurse, baker of delicious noms <3 Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    +1 for Irrational, Rockstar + Bethesda :)

Also, Wil Wheaton, Sam Hart, Nintendo, Mojang, anything retro gaming related + lots of swag

• Options
    CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    RoosterTeeth! Hopefully Burnie, Ray and Barbara. I would love to meet them! :D

• Options
    FishHeadFishHead BrisbaneRegistered User new member
    Wil Wheaton for keynote would be freaking awesome.

• Options
    SilkynSilkyn Registered User new member
    Cosplay events would be excellent, also loot/swag/treasure.

• Options
    helgirlhelgirl Customer Champ Hobart, TasmaniaRegistered User regular
    My number one wish is for Wil Wheaton, Scott Kurtz and Chris Perkins to join Mike and Jerry for an extra special Celebrity DnD!!!
    Of course I want MANY loots!!
    Cosplay events would also be extra awesome, since I've already got a costume lined up!

• Options
    FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bajo from good game, as keynote. Vote 1 for bajo

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    Average_JoeAverage_Joe Registered User new member
    edited October 2012
    Extra Credits, that would be sooo cool to get them down here to do a talk or something...
    Casual MTG tournaments, cause well... magics fun,
    and large Indie presence would be really cool.

Average_Joe on
  • Options
    FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    I wouldnt mind seeing Day9(he does more then just SC2)
    yahtzee
    and Extra credits.

• Options
    fieldafarfieldafar Registered User regular
    FishHead wrote: »
    Wil Wheaton for keynote would be freaking awesome.

That would be fantastic. Although he has been down here for the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Supanova, I still want to see him again!

Also, freeeeeee loot.

PAX AUS 2013!
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    FPFr0sty wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind seeing Day9(he does more then just SC2)
    yahtzee
    and Extra credits.

I'd love to see Day[9] there. Yahtzee is pretty much guaranteed to be going, since he and Yug are so close and we know Yug has been involved.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TehkellaTehkella Registered User regular
    I would desperately love to see Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day - hoping against hope that Wil and his troupe will come down for live D&D!

• Options
    FatSoDa wrote: »

The whole GG crew (Bajo, HexSteph and Goose) needs to be there. :D

• Options
    Camaran wrote: »
    FatSoDa wrote: »

The whole GG crew (Bajo, HexSteph and Goose) needs to be there. :D

Totally Agree with GG Crew being there. But Vote+1 for Bajo Keynote!

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    Tehkella wrote: »
    I would desperately love to see Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day - hoping against hope that Wil and his troupe will come down for live D&D!

same, i would love for wil to do a recording of his web show tabletop.

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    BogmireBogmire Registered User regular
    How many goats do I need to sacrifice to get The Protomen down to Aussie, I would really love to see them!

• Options
    GermanCityGirlGermanCityGirl Twitter Administrator SeattleRegistered User regular
    Bogmire wrote: »
    How many goats do I need to sacrifice to get The Protomen down to Aussie, I would really love to see them!

That would be beyond epic because they are truly ass-kicking live. Full stop.

Next PAX: PAX East 2013
    Previous PAX: PAX Prime 2012

"Money can't buy you love, but it can get you some really good chocolate ginger biscuits."
  • Options
    GermanCityGirlGermanCityGirl Twitter Administrator SeattleRegistered User regular
    helgirl wrote: »
    Cosplay events would also be extra awesome, since I've already got a costume lined up!

PAX has never really had cosplay events, per se, though folks do dress up and pose as they do at other conventions. Maybe they'll have one for PAX Aus since it's the first one and all!

What's your costume, if I may ask?

Next PAX: PAX East 2013
    Previous PAX: PAX Prime 2012

"Money can't buy you love, but it can get you some really good chocolate ginger biscuits."
  • Options
    I don't think it I would have it in me to do cosplay cos you really need to get into the mood and I just like to wander the show floor and see a few panels but most importantly get heaps of schwag!

• Options
    MattyG08MattyG08 Founder of The Core Gaming Australia || Indie Game Developer South Coast, NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hey, If Bethesda shows up, will I be kicked out If I wear a "fallout 2" shirt and burn their stall down?

The Core Gaming Australia, Founder/CEO/Lead Programmer
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Shirt? no. Burning? yes. ;)

• Options
    NoonooNoonoo Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Shirt? no. Burning? yes. ;)

I lol'd hard :)

• Options
    billthesiumbillthesium BrisbaneRegistered User new member
    Major nelson live podcast or rooster teeth.

• Options
    I want wil wheaton to do a live show/recording of Tabletop.

• Options
    AmmamarieAmmamarie AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Rooster Teeth and Bethesda please :)

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Bogmire wrote: »

That would be beyond epic because they are truly ass-kicking live. Full stop.

I'm not even going because I'm too poor for a $2000 plane ticket + hotel + food, but hot damn I want the Protomen to go down there, just because I just want the Protomen to go to Australia.

So: PROTOMEN! PROTOMEN! PROTOMEN!

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Thirty-3Thirty-3 [E] robcd Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Scott and Kris, Acquisitions Inc. will be pretty great. Would love to see Giant Bomb and Privateer Press would be pretty fantastic as well.

• Options
    Yeah Acquisitions inc. is pretty much a must have at this point.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    OmaygaOmayga The Darkstar Sunspear , DorneRegistered User new member
    For the love of god I would love to see.
    Game Grumps (Jontron and Egorapter)
    Felicia Day and Will Wheaton
    Dodger Leigh (pressheart2continue)
    Razer
    League of Legends/ Riot Games

PLEASE!

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    +50 for Riot/LoL

• Options
    Manly ManManly Man Registered User new member
    Bethesda, League of Legends/Riot, Rooster Teeth, anything related to Pokemon (subsequently Nintendo), Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation, and many more.

Most importantly though I want to see all you crazies out in full force. I want it to be a good and memorable event, with loads to see and do and participate in. I don't even care if I'm the only one who comes to PAX decked out in Hogwarts gear, that shit be fine with me so long as I have fun.

• Options
    rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Rooster Teeth were confirmed, as far as I know.

• Options
    skipgamerskipgamer Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I'm wishing someone, anyone even from Valve will come down. Always wanted to chat with someone from Valve about, well, Valve... Such an inspirational company. RT would be on my list but they were saying already they'll come down on the podcast, getting my original 5 season boxset signed is definitely on my wish list.

skipgamer on
  • Options
    Id love to see someone from CD Projekt Red, their Cyberpunk 2077 makes me happy in my nerd place. Id love to get a look in it.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Adam Sessler, John Carmack, Gabe Newell, John St John (preferably cosplaying as the duke for photo purposes :P) Shigeru Miyamoto, Rooster Teeth, Mega64, (although theyre not exactly "gaming" related, RedLetterMedia)

reading back over that list some of them may be a liiiiiiiittle out of reach lol, but thats my dream handshake list for PAX, (excluding the obvious Gabe, Tycho and PA family)

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I'm actually more excited about the community and the energy/vibes when we're all there, not any guests that may be attending.

Kind of like how I'll go to see a band, but throw myself into the pit to feed off of the crowd energy and sometimes the band becomes irrelevant.

I guess I'm just wanting to hang out with rad people and give them highfives and have goodtimes

Awko on
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    oh, how could I forget escapists Jim Sterling as well :D

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    EBPEBP Registered User new member
    Wheres the love for Mega64?!

Get them and get Fangamer down here so I can get some EarthBound merch

• Options
    rith wrote: »
    Rooster Teeth were confirmed, as far as I know.
    I've heard the same thing, but they haven't told us who is going as Comic-Con is on at the same time in the US.

Apparently Gus is coming to PAX, because he has never been to Australia with Rooster Teeth.

Oh well. We can only hope! :D

PS: I heard that Barbara might not be coming. Damn :(

• Options
    vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Dont know if this is the right place...

BIOWARE GOES DOWN UNDER TO PAX AUSTRALIA... Here

Just spreading the news.... Pay close attention to the the theatre name

vjreddy12 on
    tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png