As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Go to new thread

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    every expansion has a bunch of reps to grind for gear

also how's he gearing? Ours is stacking mastery and seems to be fairly durable

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The brawlers guild is optional so I don't mind it as much as things like the Golden Lotus. I was just surprised they could make rep grinds feel more grindy than that, assuming that turns out to be true.

As for our bear he has reforged some of his gear into mastery, some into crit but his gemming is either pure stam, pure agi or dodge. Seems a bit all over the place but I'm no bear.

danx on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Anyone else having horrible pings to the world servers today? I am unplayable today at 3-4kms to the world.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Mists of Pandailies is better.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    @Recoat-13 You asked about Blind being dogeable in the last thread. The reason is that they made a new type of ability in MoP, it's "ranged melee attacks". Those can't be parried, but can be dodged. Paladin Judgment falls in that category and Blind does, too. I think all those abilities counted as spells before, so were only affected by (spell)hit.

/edit: ArenaJunkies (which has a good thread in the case of Rogues) says Blind can't be dodged, so I guess I'm wrong anyway. Maybe it was in 5.0 but changed again in MoP?

Grobian on
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    So I stayed up until 8 am playing wowkemon. Good job Blizzard, I guess, bad job me.

steam_sig.png
    Ok so for 6 days straight I have got the Sinister Squashling in my bag.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I haven't gotten a damn thing in the bags so far this year. Granted, only two characters high enough to do it, but I've done it every day and nada.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I've gotten one Sinister Squashling, which I already have like six learned in my Pet Journal. Aside from that, nuffin'. WTB one hander plx. I swear they nerfed the droprate on that thing.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    You know, I hadn't noticed but they must have because I haven't seen one. I've gotten the helmet twice (once on the character that could use it), the sword once and the horseman's reins, but not a single sinister squashling. I already had a ton and have the meta done so I don't really want one, but it's rather bizarre to not see one. Didn't get one when I did the Pandaria buckets either.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Haven't run HH religiously this year, but my druid got the broom...whatever. I wound up ditching it when I needed bag space.

Nobody else is >85 yet.

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Anyone have advice for levelling spec for monks? I'm only 18, and I'd like to consider either brewmaster or mistweaver for instances, but I'm unsure as to the relative difference in pace versus windwalker. For instance, protection for warriors has seemed pretty speedy even in the 20s, but I don't know if the same applies to brewmaster, or even mistweaver since that's a more damage-centric healing playstyle.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Septus wrote: »
    Anyone have advice for levelling spec for monks? I'm only 18, and I'd like to consider either brewmaster or mistweaver for instances, but I'm unsure as to the relative difference in pace versus windwalker. For instance, protection for warriors has seemed pretty speedy even in the 20s, but I don't know if the same applies to brewmaster, or even mistweaver since that's a more damage-centric healing playstyle.

Brewmaster is only OK at first. They have AoE at that level, unlike Windwalker, so they can pull 2 or 3 mobs at once. It gets much better once you get guard, and are nearly invincible for leveling. The next milestone is 34, when you get free tiger palms. My monk's level 68, and brewmaster's been a blast.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Brewmaster, is there a way to macro the keg throw where it only fires off once? I don't like having to activate it, choose the area, and then right click to get out of the 'tossing' mode.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Speaking of Brewmaster, is there a way to macro the keg throw where it only fires off once? I don't like having to activate it, choose the area, and then right click to get out of the 'tossing' mode.
    how would it know where to target?

steam_sig.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »

For low level stuff, probably doesn't matter too much. 70+ seems like Windwalker would be best. I can't speak directly from first hand experience cause I started at level 80. But, speaking of, 80+ Windwalker is the most efficient. You have to be careful about pulling too much... Which can happen somewhat frequently. If you're feeling ballsy you can grab a whole bunch of mobs, put Touch of Karma on one, and just aoe em all down.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited October 2012
    Brewmaster it until you get mastery and/or Rising Sun kick. Without those Windwalker dps is very very low.

Jubal77 on
    edited October 2012
    Klaxxi.

Anyone have any recommendations on a good mob to manipulate that tears thigns up?

Seems like the dreadweavers up north that have the blade flurry would be good?

EDIT: Yep, those guys are nuts. Took 1m health off a rare in seconds.

The Dude With Herpes on

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

I think he's talking about how Dizzying Haze works with the keg throw. You use the skill, choose and area, the keg is thrown, and then the targeting circle is still there if you want to throw again. It doesn't disappear after throwing the keg.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    To anyone still complaining about the amount of dailies this expansion I can only advise: Get a questing buddy!

I have two 90s, one I play exclusively with my wife and it's ridiculous how much faster dailies go on that one. Disc priest/Demo warlock might be the best combo, but probably anything works. It's so great to just pull whatever and burn it all down. Doesn't feel like grinding at all, it's just fun.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

I think he's talking about how Dizzying Haze works with the keg throw. You use the skill, choose and area, the keg is thrown, and then the targeting circle is still there if you want to throw again. It doesn't disappear after throwing the keg.

It works well if you want to throw 3-4 in a row, but to get out of it I usually just tap Esc.

SabreMau wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »

It works well if you want to throw 3-4 in a row, but to get out of it I usually just tap Esc.

Yes, I think Esc and right-click are the only things that work. Afaik there is no way to macro this.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Or you can target a mob and hit an attack button. That cancels it too.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I'm reaching the upper limit of my patience with the dailies. I've finished the cloud serpents, I'll finish the anglers today, I've finished the tillers (only 3 NPCs left under best friend), I'm halfway through revered with the Golden Lotus, halfway through honored with the Shado-Pan, and just into honored with the Celestials.

I've pretty much reached the upper limit of things I can accomplish without a large support base. Maybe its because my guild seems less interested in raiding this go round, but at this point in the expansion I am already fighting to find reasons to log in.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Finally got around to finishing Townlong and Dread Wastes yesterday. I hit 90 early in Kun-lai and just stopped. Boy, those zones sure are awful. End of Townlong and the majority of Dread Wastes was "get some guy to follow you around and do stuff with bodies, but he can only interact with 1 at a time". Kill more than 1 thing at a time? Screw you, Tao Hi/Doggy/whatever only recognizes one. Solid design. Quest flow was really awkward in the Wastes too. Every other zone had a fairly natural progression, but the Klaxxi were fine with sending me multiple places at once, sometimes going back to places I'd already been.

I did wind up honored with Lotus, Shado-pan and Klaxxi though through my quests and dailies today, so that's good. I think I'm just going to stop when they get to revered and wait for 5.1.

I didn't have that problem with the follower NPCs. We'd regularly be killing 5-10 mobs at the same time and have every one of them count. I also didn't notice the quest flow problems in Dread Wastes, but maybe that's because we didn't do it in one day. Are you sure you didn't mix in dailies, that would explain it, too.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I guess I did mix in dailies. Better get used to it, cause I'll be doing them forever. Some people in my guild said the follower NPCs were fine for them, others had the same problem I did. Tao Hi in Townlong was the worst. Unless I was just really unlucky and he was finding nothing on any bodies and just telling me once for all of them.

• KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I'm reaching the upper limit of my patience with the dailies. I've finished the cloud serpents, I'll finish the anglers today, I've finished the tillers (only 3 NPCs left under best friend), I'm halfway through revered with the Golden Lotus, halfway through honored with the Shado-Pan, and just into honored with the Celestials.

I've pretty much reached the upper limit of things I can accomplish without a large support base. Maybe its because my guild seems less interested in raiding this go round, but at this point in the expansion I am already fighting to find reasons to log in.

I know exactly what you mean. I've actually stopped doing dailies for reps that are revered. My only exalted's are Tillers (super easy, I even have an alt halfway through revered) and the Cloud Serpents. Everything else is staying as is until 5.1 when the rep change hits.

I hate long LFR fights. Fights like that just don't belong in a setting where you have to rely on 24 other people to pay attention for more than one minute.

We wiped on Will at 3%. In LFR. Ridiculous.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Or you can target a mob and hit an attack button. That cancels it too.

That works. I've never sat there and tried different things.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Finally took the time to lookup where all the rare treasures or whatever they call them are. I didn't realize they are b.net account bound which makes them all the more attractive. I managed to find the dagger and mining pick in Jade Forest. None of the others :( (I did have the Hozen Pirate brew recipe that I found already... I have been really trying to get the other recipe now). Wish I'd find an item that I could friggin actually use on my alts :P I guess maybe I can use the mining pick on my warrior.

Also finally ran LFR this weekend. Forgot how much I freaking hate LFR. Because seriously, you can't just say "get out of the middle" on Elgalon and then bitch at people for falling. I mean, how hard is it to say "Hey, if the orbs make it to the edge, run out of the glass part or you die" which is way more clear? "The middle" is vague as hell. I thought they were talking about some AOE ability he did or something. *sigh* Also hate the boss after that. Melee kept getting bitched at to stay off the boss. "ADDSS ADDDDSSS!!! ADDDDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!!" I go on the boss for two seconds because there are no adds up and get yelled at -_-

At least I won an epic dagger...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    LOL Will is a fight where you want melee on the boss the majority of the time. Ranged DPS in LFR just need to get off the boss at that point and do the "ADDDDDSSSSSSSS!!!!". But that also relies on Melee doding the combo for the action button. But when the gas hits if melee arent on the boss you are just making the fight that much longer.

As you all know I am a heavy advocate of LFR actually being a separately made "intro" raid where the bosses are tuned to have only one or two mechanics with lower hp pools etc. As it stands now people should get used to the fights as time goes on but just like with anything in the "Looking For" world people will get lazy lazy lazy. The last second half I did this week I went in as DPS and tanks were just standing in the combos already with everyone yelling back and forth.

As for the dalies. They are not required for much of anything past honored really. You can slowly work your way to revered and still spend your VP and progress. I actually had a discussion with a guildmate about this and she was having a burn out moment. I told her that she should back off the dalies for a few days as there are plenty of other things to do and she shouldnt over exert herself. Her response was "Well I will miss out on the faction!". This is the wrong way to look at things. Personally I stopped doing dalies this weekend for the most part and ran around doing pet battles. It was great fun! In the end my guildmate took my advice and spent the day hunting down rares and she was having a blast too.

The moral of the story: Listen to the Pandas! "Slow down!"

edited October 2012
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    LOL Will is a fight where you want melee on the boss the majority of the time. Ranged DPS in LFR just need to get off the boss at that point and do the "ADDDDDSSSSSSSS!!!!". But that also relies on Melee doding the combo for the action button. But when the gas hits if melee arent on the boss you are just making the fight that much longer.

As you all know I am a heavy advocate of LFR actually being a separately made "intro" raid where the bosses are tuned to have only one or two mechanics with lower hp pools etc. As it stands now people should get used to the fights as time goes on but just like with anything in the "Looking For" world people will get lazy lazy lazy. The last second half I did this week I went in as DPS and tanks were just standing in the combos already with everyone yelling back and forth.

As for the dalies. They are not required for much of anything past honored really. You can slowly work your way to revered and still spend your VP and progress. I actually had a discussion with a guildmate about this and she was having a burn out moment. I told her that she should back off the dalies for a few days as there are plenty of other things to do and she shouldnt over exert herself. Her response was "Well I will miss out on the faction!". This is the wrong way to look at things. Personally I stopped doing dalies this weekend for the most part and ran around doing pet battles. It was great fun! In the end my guildmate took my advice and spent the day hunting down rares and she was having a blast too.

The moral of the story: Listen to the Pandas! "Slow down!"

Yeah, phrases I heard were:
    "The damage on melee was too hard on the healers" (I got hit by a couple of them because they didn't tank the bosses far back enough, it did *maybe* 10% of my hp.. it was not bad) and "This is not a DPS race"

I figured they were being stupid. Especially when I saw what that Gas of the Titans or whatever was doing. I think they had wiped several times before I even got in there, so I dunno.

Side note on dailies, now that I am exalted w/ almost everyone all I have to do are August Celestials and Shado-pan which is nice. Sometimes they are even in the same zone ;) I've also been doing the one cooking daily (as opposed to Tillers dailies) for the free Ironpaw token.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah, melee take the bosses, ranged take the adds. If you dodge all the hits from the combo the bosses do, as a melee, you get an extra action button that does like 500k damage

edited October 2012
    I forgot, I also got yelled at for daring to ask which of the dogs we should be focusing on after we wiped on that fight with the three stone guardian things once. "DOESN'T ANYONE READ THE STRATEGY BEFORE COMING IN HERE!?!?!?! RAAWWWGGGGGGG!!!"

I'm sorry that Raid Journal is a piece of crap (I did try to skim it but that thing is so disorganized and doesn't actually give strategies, just ability descriptions) and I didn't have time to watch a video for LFR -_-

Warlock82 on
  • KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    The worst is getting a "real" raider who tries to lead an LFR raid like a real raid. I have zero people on my ignore lists, but those people have been VERY close.

edited October 2012
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Finally took the time to lookup where all the rare treasures or whatever they call them are. I didn't realize they are b.net account bound which makes them all the more attractive. I managed to find the dagger and mining pick in Jade Forest. None of the others :( (I did have the Hozen Pirate brew recipe that I found already... I have been really trying to get the other recipe now). Wish I'd find an item that I could friggin actually use on my alts :P I guess maybe I can use the mining pick on my warrior.

Also finally ran LFR this weekend. Forgot how much I freaking hate LFR. Because seriously, you can't just say "get out of the middle" on Elgalon and then bitch at people for falling. I mean, how hard is it to say "Hey, if the orbs make it to the edge, run out of the glass part or you die" which is way more clear? "The middle" is vague as hell. I thought they were talking about some AOE ability he did or something. *sigh* Also hate the boss after that. Melee kept getting bitched at to stay off the boss. "ADDSS ADDDDSSS!!! ADDDDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!!" I go on the boss for two seconds because there are no adds up and get yelled at -_-

At least I won an epic dagger...

The stupid rares are annoying. EDIT: Rare items, not the rare mobs.

Besides the fact that some are just crazy camped, that's fine, whatever; some are inexplicably BoA and some are BoP.

I just got a trinket in Dread Wastes last night off the ground that increases your movement speed in the Dread Wastes by 10% (in addition to increasing crit and haste iirc), that only req's level 86 and would be really nice on alts. But nope. BoP.

I hope (but absolutely don't expect) they go through and make all of them BoA.

It seems like all of the weapons are BoA, and outside of that some trinkets/accessories are bop and some are boa.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited October 2012
    There is a rare that drops an on use 2-3 hour CD item that makes a little dude show up asking you to kill like 40 mobs in 20 minutes or something. I cant remember the details. If you complete the quest you get a bag from him that has elixirs/spirits of harmony/good stuff in it.

Jubal77 on
    Yeah I was just talking about the rare blue items scattered about, not the enemies themselves. Those actually don't bother me because they have pretty good respawn times. Though I'm still of the mind that if they have a unique 'bauble' they should have a 100% drop rate.

Oh and Glorious! should be an account based achievement like they made Frostbitten and Medium Rare now.

I got an item off a fish guy in Vale that gives +50% movement speed and underwater breathing for 10m once an hour. That's nice on my pally. Also got a pet off one in Dread Wastes. My warrior got a thing that lets him get an extra ability based on his spec. Arms gives him stampeding roar. Pretty interesting.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I've found five of the rare items so far and that will probably be all I find for the next six months to a year when people get disinterested and stop logging in again. I've been trying for the dagger, 1H sword, 2H sword and Int staff in Dread Wastes, none of them are ever there when I check, and I check several times every day. So basically that means that either these things have a fixed spawn timer and I'm just there at the wrong times or there are just tons of people there checking 24/7, the latter being more likely thanks to the Klaxxi dailies.

Still, got the 2H hammer for my DK, Monk graphic staff for the Druid I will eventually make (for a third time and hopefully not delete again), 85 dagger from Jade Forest for my alt rogue, the Agi spear from the Dread Wastes (likely monk or druid fodder) and the 1H fire Mace from Townlong Steppes.

I've actually been surprisingly lucky with the Horseman this year. While I've only been able to run one character through, I've gotten my ring, two swords (both of which I'm using, though the stat budgeting is oddly terrible), the plate helmet and a broom. Between that and actually being lucky with scenarios (getting three items in 8 or 9 runs), I've not had to rely too much on heroics to get geared.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I've found five of the rare items so far and that will probably be all I find for the next six months to a year when people get disinterested and stop logging in again.
    don't worry, when that happens they'll just turn on crz and make them even harder to get

This discussion has been closed.