As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Teaser on GW's website. New WoC on the 27th.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So, the WoC release got leaked. Blurry German WD photos for all!

Warshrine

DSC08782_zps77660906.jpg
    DSC08772_zps355ba080.jpg

Skullcrushers (Rare choice)

DSC08773_zps55231061.jpg

Hellriders (I think) (Special choice)

DSC08771_zpse6df82db.jpg

Valkia and another character

Scan122970004_zps8b6656e1.jpg

Scan122970005_zpse7559cb0.jpg

Scylla

Scan122970003_zpse2f2917e.jpg

-Loki- on
  • superhappypandasuperhappypanda Zug Island Sport Fishing SeattleRegistered User regular
    Don't like the Warshrine. Looks silly to me. The rest look good though and I will definitely be getting those Khorne and Slaanesh riders and the female warrior there.

edited October 2012
    I really like Valkia. I wish I had a use for the model.

edit - actually, I do have a use for it. With a head swap, it would make a fantastic winged female Vampire.

-Loki- on
    Something else - halberd and two handed weapon upgrade kits for Warriors.

Scan122970006_zps63490ec3.jpg

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Both those upgrade kits existed in metal before. I presume that means Finecast now? Which in turn means no new warrior kit yet. :(

Oh well. The rest seems pretty nice though; Scylla and Valkia look amazing, Festus (the leech lord; Nurgle dude) looks disgusting, and the skullcrushers look suitably brutal. I'm not sure the Warshrine looks goofy on its own or that's just the paint job ruining a fantastic model again, but either way I'm getting one to use to finish my Warshrine and bulk out my chaos trolls. The hell riders or whatever do look goofy though, mostly because there's a huge chaos warrior dude perched daintily on top of one of those little slaaneshi bird-snake-worm things.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Festus looks like he's making that dude blow him.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • superhappypandasuperhappypanda Zug Island Sport Fishing SeattleRegistered User regular
    Am I reading the previews right? WoC are only getting a WD update? No new army book yet? Hm. That means it will be at least Jan before we get a new book for Fantasy. I was really hoping for a full WoC revamp.

Someone tell me why skullcrushers have shields?

Chaos armour plus brass behemoth is already a 1+ save, which is the hard cap this edition and its not like frenzied cavalry an benefit from a parry.
    It's not like five/six S5 attacks, T5* and two wounds for 60pts is bad at all, it's just that they went and wasted sprue space on pointless things which is a bizarre oversight.

*Yes, T5, check the latest errata.

This is the same company that made Demigryph knights, with the Demigryphs at T6 to make them uber tough, and the riders T3. But cavalry rules say you use the toughness of the rider, so the Demigryph toughness doesn't do anything.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    -Loki- wrote: »
    This is the same company that made Demigryph knights, with the Demigryphs at T6 to make them uber tough, and the riders T3. But cavalry rules say you use the toughness of the rider, so the Demigryph toughness doesn't do anything.

Yea, they changed that.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Was that in a FAQ or something? Cause I missed it.

why are you smelling it?
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    BRB FAQ says:

Page 83 – Monstrous Cavalry.
    In the second paragraph, replace “All the cavalry rules…with
    one exception – monstrous cavalry always use the highest
    Wounds characteristic…” with “All the cavalry rules…with
    two exceptions – monstrous cavalry always use the highest
    Toughness and Wounds characteristics…”

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Oh, sweet. Makes a pretty big difference. Thanks. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    Are there no Battle Magic cards for Warriors of Chaos?

snm_sig.jpg
    Nah. They only issue racial magic cards with new army books and only for a limited time, and the WoC book has ant updated since the programme started.

Daemons got cards for a splash release, didn't they?

snm_sig.jpg
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I figure they're using this wave to fill in a major hole in the WoC range (i.e. warshrine and some of the characters) and a few extras to get people excited. At some point in the future the new book will show up and there will be new units and shit.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I figure they're using this wave to fill in a major hole in the WoC range (i.e. warshrine and some of the characters) and a few extras to get people excited. At some point in the future the new book will show up and there will be new units and shit.

Pretty much this. The original rumour from hastings even said the first wave would be exactly this, what we got, and the book would be coming later. It's kind og like a pre release teaser. They did it with Vampire Counts and it was hugely successful (apparently the VC book was the best Fantasy release for 8th), so they probably want to imitate that release.

Makes sense.

snm_sig.jpg
    So what's the deal with Hellstriders?
    What makes them different to regular marauder horsemen?

Movement ten?
    ASF for 1pt/model?
    Poisoned horse attacks?
    Looking goofy as fuck perched on their skinny birdsnakes?

Yeah, they really phoned in that model, imo.

why are you smelling it?
    It's a shame because the old metal seeker minis were superb.
    I don't mind these plastic ones but considering how dynamic a lot of the recent sculpts have been it's a little disappointing.

• PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    I decided after an hour or two of browsing and looking for a new project that Im painting up the last of my O&Gs then come Jan im going to work on a High Elf force ONE UNIT AT A TIME.

I shall not fall into the must buy 100+ night goblins, 40+ orcs, all the gubbins and all the toys in a weak willed buying frenzy, as my focus for painting goes down for each model left unpainted.

Time and effort shall be spent on each fragile elf faced unit.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Prime wrote: »
    I decided after an hour or two of browsing and looking for a new project that Im painting up the last of my O&Gs then come Jan im going to work on a High Elf force ONE UNIT AT A TIME.

I shall not fall into the must buy 100+ night goblins, 40+ orcs, all the gubbins and all the toys in a weak willed buying frenzy, as my focus for painting goes down for each model left unpainted.

This is how I used to roll. You will never finish that army.

Good luck, though.

I've been trying to do it with my Tyranids, but more of a 'buy a chunk of an army and paint it' approach. it doesn't work completely, but I do have a mostly painted 1500pt army.

Prime wrote: »

This is how I used to roll. You will never finish that army.

Good luck, though.

You mean the O&G? Its almost done, its just taken me 18 months. I've got 12 orcs and 10 wolf riders to go. There was the weekend of self punishment I had 3-4 months ago where I lined up 120 night goblins, painted and based them all in two days....my eyes bled!

edited November 2012
    Still on target for a new year finish, just finished putting magnets on the bottom of all my night goblins, and the wolf riders are now primed and a few base colour applied.

Anyone else using the new year as an excuse to start something new?

edit: Any UK residents know of a good plastic model paint remover?

Prime on
    Fairy Power Spray.
    No, really.
    It's sold as oven/pan cleaner but it's generally pretty awesome at stripping paint off plastic and metal alike. Takes like five minutes to work too.

Seconding Fairy. Smells nice too!
    My buddy back home swore by Detol, but while it removed the paint it made it go all goopy so it was a bitch to clean the figure

Fair Power Spray it is :)

Is it the normal spray, bag and scrub or is it really give it a coat 5-10min and a blast under the tap?

I used to line em up in the sink, spray them all so they were covered in foam, wait 5-10 minutes, rinse and scrub, then repeat if needed.
    Scrub em with an old toothbrush.

edited November 2012
    Would that have an equivalent in Australia? Just like, any spray on oven cleaner? I'm trying to find a better alternative to a week long simple green soak. Something like that would be great with the Ultrasonic cleaner I'm looking at. Just spray em, then vibe em.

-Loki- on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Would that have an equivalent in Australia? Just like, any spray on oven cleaner? I'm trying to find a better alternative to a week long simple green soak. Something like that would be great with the Ultrasonic cleaner I'm looking at. Just spray em, then vibe em.

:winky:

If you vibe them right, they'll spray you.
    You guys know I'm talking about vaginas right?

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Been painting a bunch of WHFB stuff lately.

IMAG1725-1.jpg

IMAG1726-1.jpg

Really love Mierce Minis Beastmen

IMAG1810.jpg

IMAG1812.jpg

IMAG1830.jpg

IMAG1825.jpg

E26cO.jpg
    I want a large base with an eviscerated human. I am willing to do some chopping and greenstuff entrails.

Where do I get the mans?

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I want a large base with an eviscerated human. I am willing to do some chopping and greenstuff entrails.

Where do I get the mans?
    Zombie sprue?

Need a fresh kill; horror frozen on his face.

This discussion has been closed.