As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nevermind, ignore this

MelinoeMelinoe Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So recently my flash drive decided that even though I have deleted things off of it the space is still being taken up. I reformatted it and it was back to being empty. Now it's doing it again though, I delete stuff but the space is still being taken up. Is it just busted or is there some sort of magic I can do on it to make it function properly? It's just a 4GB flash drive that I got for $10 at Office Max, so I'm not going to spend hours trying to fix it, but if there's something easy I can try I'm all ears.

Edit: There's a hidden folder on it called .Trashes and all of the stuff I thought I had perma deleted has been dumped in there. Is that just a thing that happens or is there some other way of deleting it that will make it not do that? It's a Verbatim drive if this matters.

Edit 2: Upon further investigation I guess this is a thing that happens with Macs. I probably should have researched this more >_> Using it with a mac is a recent thing, so. Anyway, sorry, this can be locked/deleted.

Melinoe on

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Dunno if you're comfortable at all with the command line, but you can try following the tips here to prevent that in the future.