As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need a good keyboard for gaming.

2»

• Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AAAAH SKEET EVERYWHERE. WHY DID YOU POST THAT KEYBOARD!

Now I'll always be thinking about what I can never have

Also, seriously guys, G11, it's like the G15 but cheaper and with no silly LCD.

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A cheap-ass Chicony keyboard here. Just now I was holding down D+W+Shift+M in Hexen II without a problem. Go go generic brands!

Glal on
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I had the worst keyboard ever made. It had a power button on the top left, right next to the escape key. The keys felt like they were sitting in oatmeal. It crapped out a week ago. It probably died of shame.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    darkgruedarkgrue Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    schmads wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I use a Logitech G15 and it's been about the best keyboard I've ever used. I don't use the macro keys so much (mostly just for Total Annihilation), but the LCD is great.

I don't often use the macro keys (I won a Zboard+WoW keyset one time and didn't use the extra keys from that either), but I'm pretty happy with the actual tactile response and usage of the G15. In addition, if you use TeamSpeak or Ventrilo, the LCD can be a nice way to see who is talking. Sure, there are other solutions like another monitor or TeamSpeak Overlay, but this one is somewhat cheaper (you should be able to find the keyboard on sale for around $50 now, actually) and has no performance implications.

Of course, I'm the one who wrote the "G15 TeamSpeak" addon that is pretty popular, so perhaps I'm biased, but I use Vent now (guild switch) and am still pleased with that support. It's great so I can learn the voices of new people or those that don't play as much.

I'll add my n+1 for the G15. My guild uses TeamSpeak a lot and having the LCD for that is a huge help. (The Vent support for it is so-so, since there's absolutely no options for how it uses the LCD - not having persistence on the speaker's names stinks, for example.)

Props on the plug-in, schmads, that's the #1 reason I use my G15!

darkgrue on
  • Options
    BioHaz594BioHaz594 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I love my gold deck legend 105 keyboard. Good mechanical spring switches, keys illuminated by thier own individual led, and a nice sturdy feel. I have never had any ghosting issues with my deck keyboard either while gaming.

I have found that with membrane key switch boards the keys are more likely to stick or not trigger correctly, so I highly reccomend that when you're looking for a keyboard, try to find one that uses mechanical spring switches. Admittedly, you have to go out of your way to find one sometimes. Mainstream keyboards use membrane switches because they are super cheap to make.

BioHaz594 on
    orgblk_m50le_sig1.png
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I got *generic logitech* and it worked perfectly... Until.... Some game made me pissed off for soem stupid reason... Now sometimes when I'm writing the keys dont register in time....
    It's still pretty awesome, the only bad thing is that it attracts smudges. But it's functional atleast.
    I think it's a logitech classic or something like that.

Burning Organ on