As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NYC/NJ PAX

nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
I was discussing with Variable the other day about the possibility of getting all the folks from the NY/NJ area for a Pa get together. Seems like there's plenty of us in the area who might but up for such an event.

Planning is still pretty sketchy but figured I'd start a thread for people to check in if they're interested and make suggestions about places to go and whatnot. We could do a a party, go out boozing or find a movie everyone's interested in.

My place in JC may be open for such an event if it works for others.

nexuscrawler on

• Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was discussing with Variable the other day about the possibility of getting all the folks from the NY/NJ area for a Pa get together. Seems like there's plenty of us in the area who might but up for such an event.

Planning is still pretty sketchy but figured I'd start a thread for people to check in if they're interested and make suggestions about places to go and whatnot. We could do a a party, go out boozing or find a movie everyone's interested in.

My place in JC may be open for such an event if it works for others.

I would be so down for this. So down.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd probably be down if its sometime in the next two weeks. I'm out of here on the 10th.

geckahn on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    obviously I'm in.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd go depending on the answer to this question:

Will I be lynched?

[_] yes [_] no

Answer truthfully please! Live(s) depend on it!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If it were to happen sometime vaguely in the vicinity of New Years, I might make it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not back in NYC until September 1st.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    coryjcoryj Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd definitely be down for something like this, it seems that everything that happens is always on the West coast :( and most eastern Pennsylvanians can make it to NY or NJ in 1-2 hours.

coryj on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't care what you guys do so long as you all visit the sex museum together.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Drez wrote: »

Will I be lynched?

[_] yes [_] no

Hells no!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    I could probably make it down to NYC. It's just a few hours on the train really. Hotels are pretty fucking expensive out there but whatever.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    coryj wrote: »
    I'd definitely be down for something like this, it seems that everything that happens is always on the West coast :( and most eastern Pennsylvanians can make it to NY or NJ in 1-2 hours.

Awesome.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I could probably make it down to NYC. It's just a few hours on the train really. Hotels are pretty fucking expensive out there but whatever.

One of us could probably put you up for the night.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Can DE represent this shit as well?

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm bringing this back to the first page. Because it is cool.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, we should have planned this when I was still living in NYC. Though I might be able to make it if it's either in the winter or next year.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    did you know that i live in philadelphia

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

You're goddamned right it can.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    it really looks like we ought to try and do something big in december, and maybe just look for some small get togethers before then.

I live with my father, so while I theoretically have room it might be weird. I'm not sure about how much room nexus has, but I know he lives with just a roommate so that might be less awkward, though I can't invite for him. Not sure at all about the others.

do we want to try and set a december date for something big, and perhaps an august night for something smaller?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    My place is probably available. It's something of a flophouse right now but certaintly big enough for some partying. Could probably put a few people up for the night too.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    My place is probably available. It's something of a flophouse right now but certaintly big enough for some partying. Could probably put a few people up for the night too.

I was more talking about the latter. we definitely can't party at my house...

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Drez wrote: »

Will I be lynched?

[_] yes [_] no

I give you my 99.9% no rape guarenntee drez!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    0.1% is risky.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's probably not to bad for MD as well, if i'm allowed to rock that shit too.

I ain't never been to NY before though. NJ sounds a bit more reasonable, for us southerners, but meh, whatever yo.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Im game.

muninn on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    That's probably not to bad for MD as well, if i'm allowed to rock that shit too.

I ain't never been to NY before though. NJ sounds a bit more reasonable, for us southerners, but meh, whatever yo.

North NJ is a suburb of NYC. So theres basically no difference.

geckahn on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ya I can literally look out my window and see the NYC skyline(if not so much of the Jersey skyline blocked it these days)

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i have to walk about 3 minutes to see NYC, but basically yes, as nexus said.

what is MD?

Variable on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    maryland

it's about a $40 round-trip from philly to NYC so i could probably get to an NYC gathering with some forewarning

ofc only if i have a place to stay

also we should go explore NYC because I've only ever been there once in my life

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    well, simply put, staying with/near me or nexus would be cheap and we'd be right near nyc (be like $5 to get in, maybe less, I rarely do it).

so, assuming we have a night and the next day, we'd have loads of options as far as where to go either in the city or in nj.

I'll check tonight on if I could put people up. I actually have almost no furniture in my house besides the bedrooms but depending on when this is we may at least finally have some couches.

nexus, want to edit the OP with those interested and what dates they can do? I think something with a good group around december/new years (not actually on new years, that would be insane) would be awesome.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Do they run the magic Chinaown bus from there?

They only roll over and explode sometimes

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    The magical chinatown bus runs both out of DC and Boston Chinatowns and lands in NYC Chinatown. it's cheap (like $15), and only sometimes catches on fire.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Actually, in the Boston end they forced them to stop running out of Chinatown and run from the normal bus station... which is very close to Chinatown anyway, but it's a lot safer and happier and easier for all involved.

Also, nowadays the Greyhound costs the same as the Chinatown bus to Boston and it's easier for me to get to Port Authority than Chinatown and whatnot.. probably rolls over less, but still breaks down (broke down somewhere in CT when I was going back to school from spring break... and then I ate McDonalds at the rest stop we broke down at and felt like vomiting. Fun times)

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Do they run the magic Chinaown bus from there?

They only roll over and explode sometimes

Only pussies wont take the chinatown bus.

geckahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »

You're goddamned right it can.

I'm coming dressed as a giant blue chicken.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    this is tight, all peeps be reppin north jersey

yeeee

I don't even know what I just said right there.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    request: from now on if you post, throw in your location and when you'd be available (when you're visiting if you are far away, a good month for you if it's a bit of a hike, or what days you are free on any given week if yuou are close).

I don't want this to just fall by the wayside but to get it together we need details.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    REPRESENTIN FIRST STATE!!!!!!

I'm usually off on some combination of Thur/Fri/Sat. Greater details on when this is going down will let me refine more.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm thinkning Varible is right. I holiday get together might be easiest. For the time being a smaller summer meetup might be fun. An easy plan is to all jsut go into NYC and catch a movie we'd all like to see. Not too much trouble and wouldn't be terribly expensive. Like I said before my place in Jersey is usable but it's in Jersey City which could be complicated with people driving in(It's kind of a confusing city to drive and very close to bad NYC traffic). For people in the city it's a PATH ride and 10 min walk away though.

Feel free to PM me questions or details on any ideas. It'd be nice to know what the 21+ ratio is too since alcoholism is one of my main pasttimes and being underage changes what activities in the city are open to us.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I live in Boston, would take the bus or train down, and a long weekend or possibly short weekend would be best for me. Actual holiday holidays like xmas are going to be tough because of family demands. I don't need a whole lot of forewarning - maybe a few weeks.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I dunno. I'm in the city for basically any time there is college. I have no classes on Fridays. Sadly, I'm a year away from 21... eh, I might have a fake but it's mediocre. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but decent ones are too expensive for the fact that it'd only be put to use for a year.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo