As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Go to new thread

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I wonder if the items spawn on server reset. I know the Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman does. I'm tempted to check next time I manage to catch a reset (though I really need a damn Minfernal... that area is so freaking camped)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    I just checked my bank and noticed I have 12 weeks worth of the charms saved up. I guess dailies will take a back seat as soon as I'm exalted with everybody. I haven't minded the dailies, and I'll probably keep doing the GL ones just for the valor (haven't seen a single shard yet and I've been exalted for two days).

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah, melee take the bosses, ranged take the adds. If you dodge all the hits from the combo the bosses do, as a melee, you get an extra action button that does like 500k damage
    I like when lfr wipes on this boss, gives me more chance to practice these. Last night only got pegged 5/20 or so times on the one we killed it at (i was 14% of the damage done). I need to bring that down more before we get to heroic of it.

steam_sig.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Finally took the time to lookup where all the rare treasures or whatever they call them are. I didn't realize they are b.net account bound which makes them all the more attractive. I managed to find the dagger and mining pick in Jade Forest. None of the others :( (I did have the Hozen Pirate brew recipe that I found already... I have been really trying to get the other recipe now). Wish I'd find an item that I could friggin actually use on my alts :P I guess maybe I can use the mining pick on my warrior.

Also finally ran LFR this weekend. Forgot how much I freaking hate LFR. Because seriously, you can't just say "get out of the middle" on Elgalon and then bitch at people for falling. I mean, how hard is it to say "Hey, if the orbs make it to the edge, run out of the glass part or you die" which is way more clear? "The middle" is vague as hell. I thought they were talking about some AOE ability he did or something. *sigh* Also hate the boss after that. Melee kept getting bitched at to stay off the boss. "ADDSS ADDDDSSS!!! ADDDDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!!" I go on the boss for two seconds because there are no adds up and get yelled at -_-

At least I won an epic dagger...

The stupid rares are annoying. EDIT: Rare items, not the rare mobs.

Besides the fact that some are just crazy camped, that's fine, whatever; some are inexplicably BoA and some are BoP.

I just got a trinket in Dread Wastes last night off the ground that increases your movement speed in the Dread Wastes by 10% (in addition to increasing crit and haste iirc), that only req's level 86 and would be really nice on alts. But nope. BoP.

I hope (but absolutely don't expect) they go through and make all of them BoA.

It seems like all of the weapons are BoA, and outside of that some trinkets/accessories are bop and some are boa.

5.1 is putting in an achievement to "collect them all" for these, so maybe then.

steam_sig.png
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Of all the fights I've done in raiding in WoW, and Everquest; Will of the Emperors is by far my least favorite thing I've ever done (as a melee).

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    One more day and I am done with Nat Pagle. Whee.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Wow @Magus'

How long, would you say, do you spend fishing up the rares each day?

EDIT: Also, is there anything about the Ony fight that would prevent it from being soloed? Has anyone soloed her?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Wow @Magus'

EDIT: Also, is there anything about the Ony fight that would prevent it from being soloed? Has anyone soloed her?

People soloed her all the time with the Vanilla version (starting in TBC I think?) Did they change anything about the fight? I can't think of any major changes that would prevent it. The fears might be a bitch to deal with though.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Wow @Magus'

If you lack a form of ranged ability, perhaps. I think most melee (if not all) have a form of ranged ability now though. Really easy fight though. The flight phase could take a while depending on your ability to do ranged dps.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you can blitz her a fair way through the flight phase while she's still taking off, but air phase could be an obstacle for melee classes I suppose

is the mount more likely to drop on the 25m version? I wanna start farming that thing

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Of all the fights I've done in raiding in WoW, and Everquest; Will of the Emperors is by far my least favorite thing I've ever done (as a melee).

Really? I think its easy as hell.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to solo some raids when the patch drops. Also, GC actually responded to the request of making Razorgore soloable, so that's something. Probably too much to ask to remove the week long lockouts as well.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Ony is really easy to solo, just might take a while if you're a melee class. Like others mentioned though, blow cooldowns right before the air phase and as she's walking away to fly.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think this got lost in the death of the last thread:
    Is there any way to see your world boss "lockouts" for the week? I am going to assume not.

edited October 2012
    World boss, I couldn't find. I spent awhile trying to figure out if my warrior had done Sha last week and couldn't find it anywhere.

Annoying.

Also is there any good fucking reason the Shao-ten mogu have 600k each? So fucking obnoxious.

EDIT: Also apparently if someone tags a Golden Lotus Guard in Mistfall while you're killing the Subjigator you won't get credit for freeing them.

Fuck you, as usual, wow playerbase.

How did blizzard not see that shit coming? Couldn't they have at least randomized where each player goes for any given daily instead of funneling the whole fucking server to one small area every day?

ahhgughghghghghghaa

The Dude With Herpes on

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    World boss, I couldn't find. I spent awhile trying to figure out if my warrior had done Sha last week and couldn't find it anywhere.

Annoying.

Also is there any good fucking reason the Shao-ten mogu have 600k each? So fucking obnoxious.
    I like how the standard 6-foot humanoids you have to kill 12 of have 600k health. But then when you have to kill only 6 big-ass 10-foot tall idols? Only 400k health. It's like they reversed their stats.

forty on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    How did blizzard not see that shit coming? Couldn't they have at least randomized where each player goes for any given daily instead of funneling the whole fucking server to one small area every day?
    Yeah, I was wondering what the point of the multi-hubs were. Variety kinda stops mattering when you are doing them for a month straight.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Wow @Magus'

1 hour, 2 if I'm unlucky, 3 if I'm MEGA unlucky.

Hmm...so is this right; at honored Klaxxi, there's only about 1k worth of rep a day you can get possibly, with guild bonus?

That's including the 'hidden' quest.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    see: thread title

liEt3nH.png
    edited October 2012
    Yes, that is my title. :P

I was just checking to see if I was missing anything. wowpedia.org lists uh...7 quests a day including the hidden ones, but I only found 6 including the hidden. I'm not sure if I missed one or if you get another one or two after revered or something.

The Dude With Herpes on

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Dark skies and the kuchong pilot quest open up at revered when you free more klaxxi. You also get the raining blood enhancement which makes doing the dailies in the zone a cake walk.

Hmm...I dunno then. One guy that's only giving me one quest should be giving me 2 then.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Good news everyone! I just won the warrior T3 boots on the BMAH!

Bad news everyone! I bid for them on my rogue! Now I'm out 10.5k AND I can't use the item!

Fuck me, don't know why I thought I was on my DK. Damnable alts. Oh well, I put a ticket in on this in the very unlikely event that they'll either refund the money/delete the item or at least transfer it to my death knight.

They're pretty good about that, especially since it's pretty easy to reverse. I doubt they will transfer the boots, but you will get the money back.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited October 2012
    I need to check the BMAH more often. It seems like people really aren't using it much at all, or weren't anyway, and there was the occasional interesting thing on it.

Minimum price of 10k is pretty steep...though to be honest if they put T13 LFR stuff on there, mainly the boots that match the DK set, I'd pay 10k for them. fffffff

The Dude With Herpes on

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Annoying.

EDIT: Also apparently if someone tags a Golden Lotus Guard in Mistfall while you're killing the Subjigator you won't get credit for freeing them.

Fuck you, as usual, wow playerbase.

ahhgughghghghghghaa

Those adds that you have to free on the GL dailies gave me a "take that punk" moment the other day. I was doing the quest and it was a cluster like always. I was burning a banner and ran towards a combo that just spawned when a warrior comes charging out of nowhere and tags it first. He /laughed at me. I touched of death'd the mob he was to free and ran to the next one.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Am I missing something here? For all those "Free the dudes" quests for GL, I've never had to actually kill the mob first. All I have to do is aggro it, and the guy runs away instantly while I get credit. Shit, I found the real secret is that I didn't even have to fight. Simply flying in, getting aggro, and flying away is enough to get credit.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Am I missing something here? For all those "Free the dudes" quests for GL, I've never had to actually kill the mob first. All I have to do is aggro it, and the guy runs away instantly while I get credit. Shit, I found the real secret is that I didn't even have to fight. Simply flying in, getting aggro, and flying away is enough to get credit.

Different quest: you're thinking of one where mogu dudes are threatening friendly PCs. Later on there's one where Mogu dudes have mind controlled panda dudes and they're hostile.

liEt3nH.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    You can dispel/spellsteal dispel the effect as well, if you can dispel magic. I found that out on my mage and it made my life a lot easier.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I thought for "Free the dudes" you had to dps the dudes you should free? Killing the Dominators does nothing. Also an easier way is just being a Shaman or Priest (possibly mage?) because you can purge the mindcontrol off them.

/edit: There's different quests
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30289 in Mistfall Village wants you to kill the controlling Mogu
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30293 at Whitepetal Lake wants you to beat the controlled Pandas

Purge works for both btw.

Grobian on
    Grobian wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    I thought for "Free the dudes" you had to dps the dudes you should free? Killing the Dominators does nothing. Also an easier way is just being a Shaman or Priest (possibly mage?) because you can purge the mindcontrol off them.
    killing subjugators will release the dudes, if you dps them you will just kill them

liEt3nH.png
    I edited that post, there's two quests that work differently.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Ok, I know what you're talking about. What I was referring to was the initial quest at the stairs where it's the mogu's torturing friendly units, which run away upon aggro, and its duplicate in the village where the stone dogs do it too. I remember the MC quest, because a shaman in the guild was remarking that he could just purge the MC, and I told him I can do the same thing with a glyph of shield bash and a good thwack. If what you're saying is that if somebody can come and purge the MC regardless of who tapped the mob and they get credit for it, then that's really poor design.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Not only can that happen, but if someone pulls the mogu but doesn't tag the mind controlled panda guy, someone else can tag it and gets credit once they kill the mogu.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Yes you can purge the MC and get credit for it even if someone else has tagged the mob. I don't know if the tagger also get's credit, beacuse I don't have a 90 without purge.

Note that purging the MC only gives you credit, not the rest of your party, while doing it the regular way gives credit to the whole party.

Someone tweet this at GC, so they'll fix it sometime in 5.3 or so.

After running Hallow's End every day, I finally get my second Slicer.

YL9WnCY.png
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah, melee take the bosses, ranged take the adds. If you dodge all the hits from the combo the bosses do, as a melee, you get an extra action button that does like 500k damage
    I like when lfr wipes on this boss, gives me more chance to practice these. Last night only got pegged 5/20 or so times on the one we killed it at (i was 14% of the damage done). I need to bring that down more before we get to heroic of it.

Ye, for once I didn't mind all the LFR failing and drama because every wipe meant I get to practise more. Also the mechanic is really fun, and it's neat to get something cool for melee dps, besides running away from boss and being useless.

Dodging the combo also feels way easier as a tank. I guess that's ok, tanks get really badly punished for being hit.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Holy shitballs, I finally got a Slicer from my Pumpkin bag today. Whoo!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Holy shitballs, I finally got a Slicer from my Pumpkin bag today. Whoo!

I have got it 4 times on my warlock so it's just a shinny shard
    But sadly not the ring

This discussion has been closed.