As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Perfect Storm]y Weather

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    WTC construction site has been confirmed to be flooded.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    304402_10151221953253812_2024188336_n.jpg

Don't, uh, take the elevator.

That's not good. You don't want salt water in the subway at all.

Lh96QHG.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    WTC construction site has been confirmed to be flooded.
    Yup.

4z70I.jpg

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970

Reports say a few of the tunnels have flooding and chunks of the subway system that go under the Hudson have also had flooding.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I wonder how many homeless people were in the subways.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Reports say a few of the tunnels have flooding and chunks of the subway system that go under the Hudson have also had flooding.

Hopefully they can get that pumped out pretty quickly.

Corrosive as fuck.

This storm's gonna cost a lot of money.

Lh96QHG.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I wonder how many homeless people were in the subways.

D:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    A6aunRrCUAItk5Y.jpg

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Apparently NYU Hospital lost its backup power, but fortunately all in-patients had been evacuated so there was no one there on life-support or anything.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    So here a link to the WTC flooding. Looks like a waterfall.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/hurricane-sandy-pictures-photos2-20121025

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    wait no that's an old picture fuck

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Man, this storm is already looking pretty bad. There are going to be alot of people who aren't going to get any sleep tonight while worrying about whether or not their house will flood. Stay safe and stay dry everyone.

MTA ‏@MTAInsider
    We can confirm that there has been water infiltration into the New York City Subway tunnels under the East River. We cannot confirm a depth.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    They shut down the subway system well in advance of the storm which includes clearing the stations. So probably no homeless dying

That said I think the storm missed me entirely. Some minor gusts but our power and Internet is fine. We're with friends and if it weren't for the news it would seem like a normal hang out

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I'm at work in Manhattan (thankfully we still have power and aren't underwater), but I have no idea when my boss is going to let me leave since I doubt anyone can make it in to relieve me. A few people were on yesterday and they've been doing 16 hours on 8 hours off for two days now.

What the hell, where do you work?

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    @Casual Eddy Doorman

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    They shut down the subway system well in advance of the storm which includes clearing the stations. So probably no homeless dying

That said I think the storm missed me entirely. Some minor gusts but our power and Internet is fine. We're with friends and if it weren't for the news it would seem like a normal hang out

they may clear out the stations but there are people who live in the tunnels and stuff
    'mole people' and underground communities do exist down there

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    @Casual Eddy Doorman

Murder the complain user tenant and claim their unit.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Complainiest*
    Autocorrect...

dlinfiniti wrote: »

they may clear out the stations but there are people who live in the tunnels and stuff

Do you have any literature on this

The dad of one of my friends from high school used to clear them out from the Grand Central tunnels, supposedly, so it's something I'd believe. /anecdote

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

i'm not sure, my knowledge stems from this documentary I saw a while ago

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    @Casual Eddy Doorman

Murder the complainiest tenant and claim their unit.

This is how every high-end rental property in Manhattan handles new tenant applications, by the way.

Lawndart wrote: »
    @Casual Eddy Doorman

This is how every high-end rental property in Manhattan handles new tenant applications, by the way.

I mean, we have a place to sleep and such, I just kind of want to go home. Tomorrow is supposed to be my day off, and I don't want to be here 'til Wednesday, when I have to work again anyway.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Fox News is reporting that people should boil fuel-contaminated water before drinking. Even with this shit they're bad.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    tree just came down on my street. luckily collapsed outwards so it didn't hit a house. my street's officially impassable. hope that tree's heavy enough it doesn't get blown around.

The first part of this quote implies that has already happened.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    tree just came down on my street. luckily collapsed outwards so it didn't hit a house. my street's officially impassable. hope that tree's heavy enough it doesn't get blown around.

The first part of this quote implies that has already happened.

hah, i meant lifted into the air! initially it just sort of fell over. :) it's still there btw

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    I might just put my dog in the bathtub and let him poop in there.

@Casual Eddy Doorman

I mean, we have a place to sleep and such, I just kind of want to go home. Tomorrow is supposed to be my day off, and I don't want to be here 'til Wednesday, when I have to work again anyway.

Just walk home through the wastes. It should be awesome fun

mr_mich wrote: »
    I might just put my dog in the bathtub and let him poop in there.

I have a one year old border collie, and this is the first dog I've ever owned, I'm not sure how pets work when I don't want to go outside. Granted it's my family taking care of it at the moment, since I am stuck at work, but it's a radical and new thing to me.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    A6aunRrCUAItk5Y.jpg

He's just like "HOW THE FUCK DID I END UP IN JERSEY"

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    @Casual Eddy Doorman

Just walk home through the wastes. It should be awesome fun

You also have 8-12 hours to write a script for a post-apocalyptic movie set in a flood-ravaged Manhattan, and then film it on your phone during your walk home.

That or try your hand at freestyle looting.

Trying to turn your lemons into lemonade.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    A6aunRrCUAItk5Y.jpg

He's just like "HOW THE FUCK DID I END UP IN JERSEY"

Just like everyone else in Jersey.

No I don't.
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    I feel for you peeps up north. I'm relieved that it hasn't been too bad down here in central VA. There have been a few occasionally flickers and I'm sure there is flooding near all the bodies of water in this part of the state, but that's about it. So glad my power company was out cutting back tree branches and trees a few weeks ago, that probably helped greatly.

There are apparently sharks in some of the flooded areas of Jersey? People have pics and everything. I'm not sure I believe this one, but man that's kind of cool if true.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    There are apparently sharks in some of the flooded areas of Jersey? People have pics and everything. I'm not sure I believe this one, but man that's kind of cool if true.

Minus it not being cool because of the possible danger?

• MillMill Registered User regular
    The sharks are just practicing for when global warming gets down inundating wall street because they're going to be the ones running it.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    they're just waiting for the Jets at laguardia to float on down.

they're just waiting for the Jets at laguardia to float on down.

Look I know they're not the hottest NFL team but I'm pretty sure they're not helpless in all aspects. >.>