As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

nevilleneville The Worst Gay(Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
edited November 2012 in Social Entropy++
It's October... when the demons and devils come out to play, we think of giving
Yes... that's right....

ss2009.png
(Placeholder image until I can edit it later... deal with it!)

This is where you do the sign-ups.
There will be another thread later where people can talk about what to get, or what not to get, or go off-topic so delightfully as we tend to do.
But if you want to make a post about what you want here, FEEL FREE!

We have rules and not reading or knowing them is no excuse!
So read them all before you try to sign up.

Rules:

1. I will NOT go back and email you and/or correct it if you do it wrong. I don't have time for that. So save us both some time and do it right.
If I update the thread and you sent you email a full day earlier... you probably messed up. So do it again. Please DO NOT apologize in the email; that makes it harder to send when I'm matching.
It's fine, just trying to keep it efficient. If you really need to tell me something, do it via PM.

2. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount. Just because you spend $500 on your person, doesn't mean you'll get the same amount spent on you. And some people make handmade shit because they're poor, talented, or some combination.

3. Wishlists or suggestions ARE REQUIRED this year. If you feel you are a regular and people should know what you like; awesome. You still can't sign up without this info.

4. International people are allowed. There is a field now in the sign up process for if you REALLY are strapped for cash, but I still cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."

5. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans.

6. People who do not send gifts will be banned. Seriously. Not you "might" get banned, you 100% WILL get banned. Tube is tired of people whining about not getting shit, so if you sign up, you better fucking send something. Excuses are not accepted. I don't care if you are deployed to Afghanistan, lose your job, or are in love with Jesus; IF YOU SIGN UP AND DON'T SEND YOU WILL BE BANNED. The deadline to receive gifts is JANUARY 22, 2013. That's a full 4 WEEKS after Xmas. If you can't get it in by then at the latest, don't be a silly goose (or worse) -- don't sign up.

7. DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. But while a joke gift is ok, sending only terrible gifts just to be terrible is not encouraged. I.E. Don't do it.

8. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.

9. Added 10/31/12: You are STRONGLY urged to post ideas in your signup email. So if people want to make their wishlist / suggestions posts here and link from their sig, feel free.
If you don't make a post before matches go out and also didn't include suggestions, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM SECRET SATANS.

How Do I Sign Up, Boss?

NEW NEW NEW:

You send a PM to @Neville and @Usagi both.
If you send it to one of them only, you lose.
If you try to send an email, you lose.
If you have any excuse/reason/etc that you failed to meet it, you lose.
We will make no exceptions after the new deadline.

Details of the PM MUST CONTAIN:
1. Your Name (YOUR REAL ONE. NO ALIASES. NO ABBREVIATIONS. If you aren't comfortable with that, don't sign up.)
2. Your full Address (INCLUDING country)
3. Your Preference in Sending Internationally: YES / NO ( I AM A POOR GOOSE BUT I WILL SUCK IT UP IF I GET PAIRED WITH ONE)
4. If NSFW gifts are OK or NOT
5. Link to your amazon/foodzie/etsy/etc wishlist OR a few items here OR a link to a wishlist post.
If you do not include one of those 3 ways of giving SOME idea of gifts you'd like, YOU WILL NOT GET IN.

Signups in this thread WILL NOT BE COUNTED AND YOU WILL BE THOROUGHLY MOCKED.
Or ignored. Perhaps both Probably both..

THE SIGN UP DEADLINE IS EXTENDED TO 12:01 AM, PST, NOVEMBER 14TH. THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES AFTER THIS..

The traditional.... Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, YOU WILL BE REMOVED from Secret Satans.
Nobody is too important to not give any suggestions at all, unless you work for PA. And even then, suggestions would be lovely.

#pipe
Sweeney Tom
Marth
Bendery it like Beckham
Rankenphile
BusterK
CrackedLens
Metroidzoid
Smart Hero
Usagi
RAIJIN QUICKFOOT
Aphostile
Sheri
Goose!
Tonkka
SARA LYNN
Stale
DrZiplock
Moriveth
Schide
Ten
Langly
Bucketman
Favlaud
lostwords
Squall
Tef
chrishallett83
Lost Salient
Mulysasempronius
Syphyre
QuickSnap
Iloveslimes
Goatmon
Tossrock
Vivixenne
cabsy
Kwoaru
uriel
godmode
BEAST!
Shazkar Shadowstorm
Butters
Munkus Beaver
Hunter
Naphtali
Aeyther
Neville
Tox
ceres
Barcardi
MadEddy
Blake T
Fletcher
SporkAndrew
SLyM
tugga
Sal
Theidar
skettios
Legba
Odin
MrDoctorProfessor
MoosehatIV
Marathon
Matev
Okami
Cogliostro
Hacksaw
smof
Lasbrook
Rayze
Wombat!!
. (aka the lovable Plut!)
Indie Winter
DHS Odium
End
Jokerman
CorporateLogo
Didgeridoo
ZERZHUL
Rolo
Jasconius
MYSST
tynic
Noggin
Caulk Bite 6
Piggy Chimp
bowtiedseal
Cilla Black
Swill
Radius
Javen
Zen Vulgarity
Straightzi
Gatsby
Platypus Beirut
jackisreal
Sassori
Slacker71
pooka
Romanian My Escutcheon
Franko
DirtyDirtyVagrant
Veretas
Virgil_Leads_You
Penguin Incarnate
Perrsun
HellaJeff
Robert Khoo
PRD
Rainfall
Rorus Raz
Metalbourne
Zonugal
facetious

Secret Satans Match Chains (Don't peek if you like to be surprised / whatever other reason you have I suppose):
Blake T :arrow: Squall
Metalbourne :arrow: Goatmon
Sassori :arrow: bowtiedseal
Slacker71 :arrow: Syphyre
Stale :arrow: Tox
Sweeney Tom :arrow: Wombat!
zerzhul :arrow: lostwords 2 3

??? :arrow: Barcardi
??? :arrow: Cilla Black
??? :arrow: Cogliostro
??? :arrow: Indie Winter 2 :arrow: Ten
??? :arrow: Langly 2 3 4
??? :arrow: Naphtali
??? :arrow: Rankenphile
??? :arrow: Raijin Quickfoot
??? :arrow: Rorus Raz
??? :arrow: skettios 2
??? :arrow: Uriel
??? :arrow: Zonugal[/quote]
(I likely will only update this at home, so if it's during the day and you're not on here... that's why. Also maybe you're a goose and did it wrong. So do it right :bz)

nevillexmassig1.png
neville on

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    YES YES YES YES YES I AM SO IN

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

You never gave me sweet, sweet nothings :'(

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Yay! I've had such good experience with Secret Satans, I will do it every year. Forever.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Money is tighter than last year, but I think I will be able to do this again.

(Mostly that means I will probably be more careful about what I send)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    WOOOOO

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    As this is my first year in North America, I am more excited than usual.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    yo

neville wrote: »

You never gave me sweet, sweet nothings :'(

As I stated in my email I just sent, you will be getting something, even if that something is something as cheap as a mix CD, you will be getting it. The only question is when, and that will be answered after I'm done getting stuff for my Satanee and G&T Santee.

yo

sup

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Check your phone.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    but my wishlist is terrible and embarrassing!

ikbUJdU.jpg
    And now comes the annual wishlist update.

A couple of weeks before my birthday how convenient.

Mysst wrote: »

Now you have to share it

#pipe wrote: »
    And now comes the annual wishlist update.

A couple of weeks before my birthday how convenient.

Same. I'll be updating mine soon. :3

nevillexmassig1.png
    Usagi wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

Now you have to share it

Just buy him a sewing machine and he'll be the happiest princess at the ball.

End wrote: »

You could just send on the sloppy cosplay book

The gift that keeps on giving

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I said I'd do this this year so I guess I should do this this year

God knows if I'll have a permanent address by the deadline but I can always use my work one I guess.

Dammit wish lists are hard.

3. Wishlists or suggestions ARE REQUIRED this year. If you feel you are a regular and people should know what you like; awesome. You still can't sign up without this info.

I love this rule, FYI

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i wish i could do this this year

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    updating wishlist before signing up for sure

also woo secret satans

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    #pipe wrote: »

I love this rule, FYI

Yup. If you wanna buy someone something off-the-wall, you can. But expecting people to just know what you like and have? Nah.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Yeah I think I'll do this

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh my god I'm excited. I haven't been able to participate in like two years.

FUCK YES!

8406wWN.png
    edited October 2012
    Whoops

Sweeney Tom on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Am I well known enough to get in on this? I've been here for 4 years, apparently, I figure it's time to be someone's Secret Satan.

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    god bless capitalism

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I've been looking forward to this since last January, so I'm pumped.

Money is tight for me, too, so I don't know if I'm gonna sign up for G&T's Secret Santa this year.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    altpost: god bless ronald reagan

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Wheeeeeeee

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    Wishlist post!
    In order of stuff I love:
    I love clothes (size M shirts/jackets/etc, size 6.5 shoes)
    I love horror movies
    I love gay guy stuff (sorry for being sterotypical)
    I love TV shows
    I love music
    I love video games (have a 360, PSP, and DS)
    I love coffee and food and soda and candy

I HAVE A BLU-RAY PLAYER THIS YEAR FINALLY, SO SATAN YOU AREN'T LIMITED TO DVDS. THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER NOW.

My Amazon wishlist is in my sig. In fact, it's also right here!

While I love all of the stuff above, and all of you, this should not limit you in gifts to give! If you feel like giving me art because of some tight funds, feel free! If you feel like getting me some stuff I love, and then giving or making me art to add to the smorgasbord of fun, go nuts! It will just make me love you more, which I didn't think was possible <3

THIS HAS BEEN MY WISHLIST POST.

I don't believe this thread is for that just yet.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Email is sent.

Oh man, I've been looking forward to this!

8406wWN.png
    jgeis wrote: »
    Am I well known enough to get in on this? I've been here for 4 years, apparently, I figure it's time to be someone's Secret Satan.

The more the merrier! And I don't think how long you've been here matters; what matters is how big your heart is. If it's big enough that you can give to others without need of something in return aside from maybe a smile, then you've passed the requirement test.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    End wrote: »

You could just send on the sloppy cosplay book

The gift that keeps on giving

hehehe

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    fuck yes my first satans in fuckin' years, i will send an email with the relevant info within the day and get this shit ROLLING

i just got the house i was gunning for, too, so i even have a shiny new address to use with it

Yeah, @Sweeney Tom, this is just signups. Wishlist posts/etc thread will be next.
    Also you might want to explain what "gay guy stuff" means, because I find it varies.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I think I'll just stalk all of y'all right now so I'll be prepared once I get my Satanee.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    jgeis wrote: »

It isn't a popularity thing, the test is mostly just to see if you've been around a while. If your answer is in years... then yes probably.
    You also should post. An account that's 4 years old with 13 posts? Nah.

nevillexmassig1.png
    Yeah, Sweeney Tom, this is just signups. Wishlist posts/etc thread will be next.
    Also you might want to explain what "gay guy stuff" means, because I find it varies.

oops

Favlaud wrote: »
    fuck yes my first satans in fuckin' years, i will send an email with the relevant info within the day and get this shit ROLLING

i just got the house i was gunning for, too, so i even have a shiny new address to use with it

123 Favvles Ave
    :3

nevillexmassig1.png
This discussion has been closed.