As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad stuff in diet colas

2»

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Real food:
    Fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi, etc)
    Veggies (broccoli, green beans, eggplant, etc)
    Beef (grassfed beef)
    Chicken (no hormones, free range)
    Fish
    Lamb
    Nuts (almonds, walnuts, macadamia, etc)

Pretty straight forward stuff.
    Here's the thing: if you're going to be throwing out dietary advice, you should really be aware of what the words you're using mean. I strongly recommend you actually look into what food labels mean, because in the U.S., these words are incredibly loaded.

For instance, "free range" chickens can mean anything from "the chicken was raised in a giant, open field" to "there was a twenty-square-foot lot out behind the coop that the chicken could technically go to, but never actually did." Most "free range" chickens have living conditions functionally identical to their non-free-range counterparts.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Well this isn't a debate forum and I think the OP has what he needs so I'm closing this.

I will say for Dustbunny's benefit right now that I generally try not to have people hocking any one specific diet as gospel, because in just about every one of those diets that someone is trying to sell you, about 2/3 is common sense and that last third is bullshit. Included on this list is Atkins, South Beach, Paleo, and God forbid the Blood Type diet, which is pretty much all bullshit. That is not the complete list, but know that if you can name it off the top of your head I will probably give you an infraction for pushing it relentlessly.

And that one third that is bullshit? It makes everything else you say sound like bullshit.

I am pleased that you've found something that worked for you, but try to keep your food-related advice general and down-to-earth. The OP is asking about diet soda, so stick to that.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.