As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Go to new thread

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Does the Cloud Serpent rep have anything but mounts/flavor stuff? If it doesn't unlock any gear then I probably won't bother with it.

Nope, though you learn the "Cloud Serpent Flying" skill which is required to ride other mounts that are not necessarily from Cloud Serpent faction
    Meh, I don't care how ugly my mounts are. Wind Riders and Azure Drakes all day erry day.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Going for about 150 on mine but that's definitely a good ROI, thanks. I'll try that.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's a better return than the Pandaria dragonlings. Piece of shit won't even sell for 800.

YL9WnCY.png
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Going for about 150 on mine but that's definitely a good ROI, thanks. I'll try that.
    Yeah, they were going for 150 on Hellscream when I first started buying them to transmute gems. They kept climbing to 200, so I gave up on buying them for Alchemy. I know at one point they were over 250 for us, making gem transmutes a terrible waste of a lotus. I'm not sure what they're at now exactly, but since Blizzard has all but confirmed they're going to be increasing the spawn rate on Lotus, it's probably best just to acquire and sell them for now. They'll probably get a fair amount cheaper after 5.1 (or whenever Blizz fixes them).

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cooking is way more of a pain than it should be. I guess I should spend a few days focusing on the predicted veggie and farm up enough Ironpaw tokens to have enough flour to last me through the next month or two.

Meat is still a viable way to get Ironpaws, but prices on the AH are going up.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it seems pretty easy to me

even if you're making the 300 stat food, you can make 35 a week just by doing the daily, and more if you turned in excess vegetables for more tokens

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Flintlocke's blasthammer sold for over 60k on our BMAH Monday, but the heroic ilevel 509 dps plate bracers ended up going for over 100k. Blizz finally did something to take some of the cash out that doesn't feel like a penalty, good on them.

I finished my Golden Lotus grind 8 rep away from exalted today. Made me /chuckle.

Also, CRZ can diaf. Competing against 5 or 6 servers for lowbie resources sucks for alt leveling, amongst other issues.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really nice cloth heroic belt is on the BMAH but alas I was outbid really quickly

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So today, last possible day to do Horseman, I queue up, kill him.

And the Reins finally fucking drop. Now I'm just missing the Love Rocket from holiday events.

EDIT: Side note: Got into work, checked my WoW page a day calendar, and guess what today's item is? :rotate:

Oh yeah, and Elegon is kicking our asses. We can't quite manage 4/4 on the orbs for the debuff (mostly because we keep cycling people in), but last night we hit enrage going right into phase 4 with 18% health remaining.

(we got 2/3 for protectors).

Nobody on
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Heroic or normal? Either way you wanna make sure he has at least 10 stacks of the debuff going into the final phase.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Heroic or normal? Either way you wanna make sure he has at least 10 stacks of the debuff going into the final phase.

This is normal. We've been trying 4/4 for debuffs and ending up short. I'll let the officers know that 5/5 is all but required.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I want to have Vol'Jin's babies.

Damn why couldn't he have been the new Warchief...

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Tanked LFR Vaults last night, it gave me a new understanding for dodging the combo thing on Will. The fight is still really annoying for melee though. The tank has to dodge or the debuff from just eating the hits could kill them. If they dodge though, he moves, and it's harder for the dps. If they stood still during that move it'd be great and make that fight a ton better.

Also did a random heroic last night, Jade Serpent, 4 other people are in a guild. When I got in I said we'd do library first because it's the more annoying boss. Group just stands there, after a few minutes says "but we always go the other way first". Finally they slowly follow. As usual, they don't know what to do in the fight (mistwalker guys), healer is OOM really early on and I'm blowing cooldowns. Afterwards the healer tells me that's the easier fight, Mari is too hard, and now we have to go further to get to him. Sure enough, during Mari they were all standing in puddles from the adds, in the water, and getting hit by the spout almost every time around....

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I want to have Vol'Jin's babies.

Damn why couldn't he have been the new Warchief...

Well it's still a poor choice they are reinstalling that mary sue

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »

This is normal. We've been trying 4/4 for debuffs and ending up short. I'll let the officers know that 5/5 is all but required.

10 stacks. So you have to kill 4/4 orbs.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    They haven't said who will be the warchief.

If anything, hints lately have indicated that it won't be Thrall.

I think the Vol'jin book should give us a pretty good indication of who it's going to be.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited October 2012
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Tanked LFR Vaults last night, it gave me a new understanding for dodging the combo thing on Will. The fight is still really annoying for melee though. The tank has to dodge or the debuff from just eating the hits could kill them. If they dodge though, he moves, and it's harder for the dps. If they stood still during that move it'd be great and make that fight a ton better.

Also did a random heroic last night, Jade Serpent, 4 other people are in a guild. When I got in I said we'd do library first because it's the more annoying boss. Group just stands there, after a few minutes says "but we always go the other way first". Finally they slowly follow. As usual, they don't know what to do in the fight (mistwalker guys), healer is OOM really early on and I'm blowing cooldowns. Afterwards the healer tells me that's the easier fight, Mari is too hard, and now we have to go further to get to him. Sure enough, during Mari they were all standing in puddles from the adds, in the water, and getting hit by the spout almost every time around....

In LFR it is a different matter. Tanks will most likely be able to eventually just stand there but that just contributes to the laziness that is LFR and if you get a lazy healer then as a tank that means the blame will fall on your head as you will get the "well he didnt dodge" nonsense. That fight is based around situational awareness and it is frankly not that hard. Melee DPS have had plenty of fights where they have to move and DPS. It is a core of what it means to be melee dps. It is only the devisating arc that applies the debuff and not the stomp too.

I will continue to dodge no matter what the lazy pricks of LFR have to say about it. If Melee keep getting hit that is their fault and not mine.

Jubal77 on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Maintenance this morning ?? Most of the Eastern Seaboard is sitting around with nothing to do , dang it !

Fairchild on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    GC just posted a big PVP brain dump. I'm not enough of a PvPer to care either way.

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    I like most of that. Can't understand why they're satisfied with the current amount of CC, though. It's way out of hand. Not being able to play is the most infuriating part of this game and is probably the only thing that could drive me away for good.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

even if you're making the 300 stat food, you can make 35 a week just by doing the daily, and more if you turned in excess vegetables for more tokens

wait... You can get extra ironpaw tokens?

steam_sig.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    They haven't said who will be the warchief.

If anything, hints lately have indicated that it won't be Thrall.

I think the Vol'jin book should give us a pretty good indication of who it's going to be.
    Watch it be Me'dan :p

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Groceries! That is where all my extra fishes have gone now that I have my dragon.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    the biggest thing that would make me care about pvp is the removal of pvp-specific gear/stats.
    gear is gear, and it should be equally useful no matter what you're doing.
    and the stats are why I don't bother with pvp at all. why start pvp'ing when your competition does an extra 25+% damage to you and you do 25% less damage to them? I don't want to grind for x weeks before getting to play fair matches.

the only times I've had fun in pvp is in the leveling brackets where everyone is on an even playing field.
    the ideal solution would be to just equalize everyone's stats in battllegrounds (or at least scale ilvl up/down to a certain number), but I know that will never happen.

Yeah, they were going for 150 on Hellscream when I first started buying them to transmute gems. They kept climbing to 200, so I gave up on buying them for Alchemy. I know at one point they were over 250 for us, making gem transmutes a terrible waste of a lotus. I'm not sure what they're at now exactly, but since Blizzard has all but confirmed they're going to be increasing the spawn rate on Lotus, it's probably best just to acquire and sell them for now. They'll probably get a fair amount cheaper after 5.1 (or whenever Blizz fixes them).
    Yeah, I checked last night and they were down to 165. I guess the 250 ones were just a flash in the pan. Still good money, though.

Also, last night I saw mmochamp quoted more ridiculous Blue tweets with nonsense rationale for the regressive change to 1/day heroic bonus. It's frustrating reading that shit.

Opty wrote: »
    GC just posted a big PVP brain dump. I'm not enough of a PvPer to care either way.
    Almost nothing about the system-level failures of PvP. Good job GC.

Also:
    Rogues – We think that Rogue damage in PvP is appropriate—the damage that some other classes are dealing is too high, and we want to adjust those cases before we do any tinkering elsewhere. We still like the Rogue suite of tools and abilities, but we feel like some of these mechanics might have been eclipsed by newer, shinier versions. We are looking at improving Rogue mobility and control in conservative ways.
    Yeah because other class' versions of Skill Bomb invalidate rogues.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Groceries! That is where all my extra fishes have gone now that I have my dragon.

Yeah, those give me a good excuse to fish more pools and be continuously disappointed that the turtle STILL won't drop.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    We are concerned that healing may be too high even for dedicated healers, especially for Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladins, who are incredibly strong in PvP at the moment. After we tone down some of the burst damage coming from Hunters, Warriors, and Mages, we may try the PvP healing debuff at 30% instead of the current 15%, but that won’t happen until after we’ve resolved the damage issues.
    "We think resto shaman and holy paladin healing might be too good in PvP, so... NERFS FOR ALL HEALERS!"

Jesus these guys are fucking idiots about PvP.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    New 5.1 patch changes to Mistweaver healing makes me happy. Serp stance now granting 150% haste and Mana Tea possibly granting double the tea based on your crit chance makes me happy.

• KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    We are concerned that healing may be too high even for dedicated healers, especially for Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladins, who are incredibly strong in PvP at the moment. After we tone down some of the burst damage coming from Hunters, Warriors, and Mages, we may try the PvP healing debuff at 30% instead of the current 15%, but that won’t happen until after we’ve resolved the damage issues.
    "We think resto shaman and holy paladin healing might be too good in PvP, so... NERFS FOR ALL HEALERS!"

Not disagreeing, but he said ALL healing was too high, just especially for resto shaman and holy paladins..

edited October 2012
    As a potential example let’s say the Fatty Goat Steaks have a Team Rating of 2700 and the Mushan Tongues have a Team Rating of 2500.

I think Blizzard is just taunting us now :P "Haha these daily quests suck!"

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Kryhs wrote: »

Not disagreeing, but he said ALL healing was too high, just especially for resto shaman and holy paladins..
    All healing isn't too high, though. You can focus down healers (and layer lockdowns) just fine now.

And if two specs are admittedly more of a problem than others, then how does a huge nerf to everyone get things back in line?

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Just hit exalted with the Tillers last night, thank christ. No more fatty goat steaks ever again!

edited October 2012
    Just hit exalted with the Tillers last night, thank christ. No more fatty goat steaks ever again!

Fatty Goat Steaks is a cooking daily, not a Tillers daily. You don't get Tillers rep from it. But you do get an Ironpaw Token.

(I know because I've specifically only been doing the cooking dailies for the tokens... they are easy to spot because it'll be the only daily offered by one of the chefs)

Warlock82 on
  • KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Kryhs wrote: »

All healing isn't too high, though. You can focus down healers (and layer lockdowns) just fine now.

And if two specs are admittedly more of a problem than others, then how does a huge nerf to everyone get things back in line?

Oh I don't know about all of that, I was just clarifying. I'd say those specific classes will probably have nerfs of their own when 5.1 finally hits for real, but we'll see.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Won a belt on LFR last night, woo! But it's horribly itemized for ferals (ie, it's for bears, and maybe Brewmasters). I would actually lose Agility going from my 463 belt to it. :( For anyone who cares, that's 9 bosses faced, 2 drops, 6 bonus rolls for gold, 1 bonus roll for loot, and 2 of the doodads for Wrathion.

And they could fix these dailies by making one simple change...increase the mother-goosing drop rate! Especially when some quests are already at or close to 100%--the Minnows for Cloud Serpent, for example, compared with the Anglers dailies that actually require you to fish. Why are they different? If you only had to tag one "herd" of goats for those damn fatty steaks...well, it would still suck, but it wouldn't be as bad.

Also Halfmex you will want to continue to do the Tillers dalies if you want to get best buddies with the individuals and have them work on your farm for some rewards.

Warlock82 wrote: »

Fatty Goat Steaks is a cooking daily, not a Tillers daily. You don't get Tillers rep from it. But you do get an Ironpaw Token.

(I know because I've specifically only been doing the cooking dailies for the tokens... they are easy to spot because it'll be the only daily offered by one of the chefs)
    Oh, well I'm still never doing it again. I've got enough tokens for my flippable table, that's all that matters.

Considering shamans and paladins got to be the kings of PvP healing for pretty much the entirety of Cataclysm, I wouldn't place a big bet on Blizzard moving fast to even things out.

edited October 2012
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Also Halfmex you will want to continue to do the Tillers dalies if you want to get best buddies with the individuals and have them work on your farm for some rewards.
    What does getting best friends and having them work on your farm actually do for you? I know Jogu is worthwhile just for the free predictions, but I couldn't find any explanation for whether or not the other NPCs do something useful or just stand around looking pretty.

forty on
This discussion has been closed.