As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Registration is live! (entirely sold out)

• AusSkillerAusSkiller Registered User new member
    3-day pass for me too :). Looking forward to PAX, I've always wanted to go to E3/TGS/PAX but the overseas travel was always too much of a hassle for me, so now that PAX is coming to Melb there's nothing to deter me :D

• Nowhere MapNowhere Map Registered User new member
    Also heading down from Northern NSW. Got a 3-day pass, figure I'll try and stick around a few days either side if I can wing it.

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
  • FishHeadFishHead BrisbaneRegistered User new member
    3 day pass. I'm also flying down to from Melbourne. It's my first time down there so I'm pretty pumped.

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Coming down from Brisbane with a 3-Day BYOC Pass :D

Danacyrus on
  • JaydenBJaydenB 2D & 3D Artist/Programmer/Co-Founder of Pathway Games Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    3-Day coming in from Perth. Hope I'm not the only one coming from over here...

I make games an love doing it! Currently working on a 2D 3rd Person Stealth Game. And no that doesn't make sense, but it will when you see a preview ;)

YouTube: http://youtube.com/AtomicMonkeyPro (I don't upload anything to do with my games here)
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/JaydenBev (Neither here, but I'm gonna start soon)
    Dev-Blog: *Currently in the works!*
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    3 day, heading over from NZ. Figure if I'm gonna pay to fly I might as well make the most of it (though I'm looking for a job and might be ended up living in Melbourne anyway :p).

exis on
  • fieldafarfieldafar Registered User regular
    3-Day Melburnian here. Cannot wait!!

PAX AUS 2013!
  • GibblesGibbles Registered User new member
    3 day, heading over from Adelaide.

• UUUinfinityUUUinfinity Registered User new member
    3 day Melbournite here (:
    First time for everything; haven't been to a convention before! Look forward to seeing you!

• RubidiumRubidium Registered User new member
    3 day, Victorian.

Accom booked, work leave booked.
    MrChad wrote: »
    3-day pass, Melbourne resident :) Looking forward to meet everyone! If you see a guy wearing a fez, that's probably me :P

Fezorama?

• LamentLament Registered User regular
    3 day pass. Originally from Canada, and made several trips to PAX prime. PAX is the only event i've ever been to where I wish it was longer than 3 days.

• zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    3 Day pass and convoying from Wollongong - even if it is a convoy of one :)

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • NoonooNoonoo Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    2x 3 day passes for my son and !

Syd people represent!

Incredibly excited already about it all.
    Here's hoping it blows away all the other similar events that have been held already

• DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    3 day pass from Perth. Hoping for a convoy, arriving a few days early to enjoy the whole experience, might buy a new bike and ride it home :-)

• thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    I reserved a 3-day pass but i have marked it as tentative so if i can't make it i'll sell it.

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    I can't believe how fast these three day passes are selling @_@

• KnightCarverKnightCarver Bioshock Fanatic RaptureRegistered User regular
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    I can't believe how fast these three day passes are selling @_@

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing. Out of control.

Angels don't wait for slowpokes, Mr. B!
  • PurpletigerPurpletiger MelbourneRegistered User new member
    3 day pass. I'm a Melburnian, so had no excuse. :) Will be my first convention... I'm scared.

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    I can totally believe passes are selling so quickly. Aussieland needs a show like PAX!

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    3 day pass here. It was the middle of a pay period for me when they went on sale. On montly pay, had borrow money from my mums. Parents Rock

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    3 day passes were sold out as of around an hour ago.

• AmmamarieAmmamarie AustraliaRegistered User regular
    3 day pass x2 for my sis and I !!! So excited!!!

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to get my ticket upgraded from 3day pass to BYOC?

I'll pay the difference. Just want to take my PC with me now

Camaran wrote: »
    Is it possible to get my ticket upgraded from 3day pass to BYOC?

I'll pay the difference. Just want to take my PC with me now

email info@paxaustralia.com.au for an official answer.

• FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    yer, I emailed them a few days ago... No reply... but im not liking our chances... looks like we may just end up with two passes, and 2 people may just miss out.
    I wonder if they may let us change the name on that day... you know, so if over time, someone we know wants to go as well... we can give it to them.

FPFr0sty on
    I didn't think the actual passes had names on them for AUS, ( I though I read it somewhere) it was just for pick up purposes?

it wasn't the case for Prime i think cos i went to collect my pass when i got into seattle and i thought it was much better to just rock up and collect since it would be a waste of time to mail them to me anyways.

edited November 2012
    I'm fairly sure that I read it somewhere, that they said unlike the US PAX's they won't have individual names on our passes for AUS. I'll try find it again.

From the FAQ thread:
    SmallLady wrote: »

Do the PAX passes have my name on them?
    No.

Danacyrus on
    it could be for pickup purposes when attendees pick up their passes.

Yes, it is, if you look through the registration it says under the name mouse over that it is for pick up purposes.

Danacyrus wrote: »
    Yes, it is, if you look through the registration it says under the name mouse over that it is for pick up purposes.

well there you go! LOL

oh man, before i was content about not going but now i can't help but be psyched for it!

lol XD

i wonder what happens to the 3-day passes that people bought who eventually get selected to become enforcers?

edited October 2012
    They get refunded for enforcers, but I wouldn't think that would make any more passes available, I would assume there are OHS limits based on the size of the venue. Don't think you'll get a definite response on that. But I'd basically assume that nothing will happen other than the Enforcers get a reimbursed for their efforts.

Danacyrus on
    i thought they would resell the refunded passes at the gate but anyways...

• FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    Well on royal melb show; it handles 100,000 people just fine... and not not including the animals nor that massive horse racing area...
    Hmm, I wonder if they going to have the sky-lift running or the ferris wheel as well :P

edited October 2012
    don't see why not :D

The more i read these threads the more i wish it was already here!

thegh0sts on
    thegh0sts wrote: »

They've never done that for any other PAX, I doubt they would do it for this one.

zerzhul wrote: »
    thegh0sts wrote: »

They've never done that for any other PAX, I doubt they would do it for this one.

Oh ok, not that I am in dire need of a 3-day pass.