As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old STEAM Thread

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    And to retaliate, @dakotac9849 gifted me Castle Crashers in return. A very classy move I must say!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I forgot Castle Crashers is on Steam now. Must... Wait... For... Sale...

• Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    So is anyone willing to trade a copy of Space Marines for Orcs Must Die 2? Send a PM if interested.

steam_sig.png
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    If I worked for Valve I'd definately take steam dollars as pay lol
    Since you would already own every Steam game I'm not sure what you'd do with them...

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Gift, of course

steam_sig.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Still kinda on the fence about which one to pick, played the Orcs must Die demo and thought it was a great game, but ever since I read previews for Dead Island I've been so intrigued by the premise of Dead Island, it just looks and sounds so much like Fallout/Zombie apocolaypse, though I've never actually played it to tell. Well got one more day to make up my mind at least

Dead Island was, for me, a bit closer to Borderlands in tone than Fallout, in that there's much more of a focus on (mostly melee) combat than dialogue.

That and Dead Island is really dumb.

It's fun, if you can get into it, but man, is it dumb.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Watching videos of Dead Island was the first time I realized just how different first person and third person animations were.

• TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Much of my thanks to @testsubject23 for reminding me what classiness is about. It's about multi-massacres and foreign legions, clearly! Amazing the man was able to find me within the mountain of work I've been living under for months. I miss you PA.

steam_sig.png
    Ok, Castle Crashers is all kinds of fun, but I'm wanting to do some multiplayer.. so hit me up if you got the game and wanna give it a go.

50433.png?1708759015
    Ok I know there is at least one person out there that needs this.
    signature.png

50433.png?1708759015
  • Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Also, Darkness 2 is 7.49 at Gamefly here. $5 dollars in savings over Steam's price, and it's Steamworks.

"Sorry, due to region restrictions, this product cannot be sold in your country." Dammit and the Australian version off steam is $22.50 :(

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    NEXT GIVEAWAY!

1679.jpg

The Last Remnant is an awesome RPG with a truly bizarre encounter and combat and battle and leveling and character and team and army management system.

So, if you want to enter to win you need to PM me with what you would do if you found yourself in command of a vast army. Would you invade Poland? Would you round up and eliminate Hippies? Would you suddenly become bogged down in the logistics of how in the hell someone put you in charge and descend into an ever-maddening downward spiral of depression and angst as you tried to manage payroll, keep your army fed, and find housing for 100,000 (or however the hell many) troops under your auspicious charge? I'm just curious what your first thought and/or action would be.

Alternately, you could just PM me the reason you want the game.

Either way, I'll PM you back the url for the Steamgifts giveaway.

This one is odd because I'm going to cap the number of entries. I'm not going to tell you the number at which I'll cap it, but I will. I totally will. Probably. So act fast.

Ends Saturday at Midnight.

Also EDGE

signature.png

• CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Also, Darkness 2 is 7.49 at Gamefly here. $5 dollars in savings over Steam's price, and it's Steamworks.

"Sorry, due to region restrictions, this product cannot be sold in your country." Dammit and the Australian version off steam is $22.50 :(

It's also $7.50 on Gamersgate, and it's not region-restricted in availability and pricing.

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Oh sweet, thanks man.

• CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    Oh sweet, thanks man.

Scratch that, Amazon currently has it for $5.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Dammit, you people got me to buy Section 8: Racism, all that talk of Halo gameplay and being similar but not the same just overrode my common sense and knowledge of not having a job atm.

Also, so close to beating Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena

H4Gd7.jpg

RoyceSraphim on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    APPY ALLOWEEN HUMIES! I had a buncha GMG credit sittin around not doin anything so I's decided to get the peoples here somethin I did. Usual rools and Adventure Team.

signature.png

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Dead Island is awesome if you have a friend to play with. I can't imagine playing the game solo though...

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Given the Disney acquisition of Lucas Film today, I think I'll reinforce what I've said a bunch of times in the past, if there's an old item you want based off a property with licensing issues, get it while you can. Disney has stated in their conference call their game focus is going to be about licensing rather than publishing, which does not look good for LucasArts, who have published the games on Steam. Granted, since the property owner published the games, they are not as likely to disappear as some, but better safe than sorry. At the very least give a look if it's on sale soon, as if they shutter LucasArts, we might not see decent sales as often.

@Corpekata, or other knowledgeable forumer, what's the short list of games to consider scooping up?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    For the Halloween chills, I've got a bunch of Containment: Zombie Puzzler codes to give out (about 15). The first 15 who message me will receive Steam codes for this little jewel of a game. I'll be checking my mailbox later today (because I'm going to be on a train for the next 2 hours).

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Dead Island is awesome if you have a friend to play with. I can't imagine playing the game solo though...

Dead Island with a friend is a completely enjoyable experience and fun from start to finish. Even when you're in areas with the constantly spawning frenzied zombies. Dead Island solo is not remotely fun in the slightest once you leave the Resort.

Speaking of Dead Island, what is the upcoming expansion supposed to be about? Or is Riptide a sequel.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Riptide is a proper sequel.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    iirc, Riptide is Dead Island 2.

I enjoyed that game til the last 1/3 or so. Then it just got...dark. I know it was a zombie game, but
    when I'm going around killing uninfected people with the fire machetes and poison sickles...
    it just left me feeling bad. I was thankfully @iolo gifted me Costume Quest afterwards and the cute balanced things back out.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Dead Island with a friend is a completely enjoyable experience and fun from start to finish. Even when you're in areas with the constantly spawning frenzied zombies. Dead Island solo is not remotely fun in the slightest once you leave the Resort.

Speaking of Dead Island, what is the upcoming expansion supposed to be about? Or is Riptide a sequel.

Cars and long reach weapons are your friend.

For some reason I enjoyed Dead Island solo (after waiting a month because of their botched save system) but I found one run was enough. I'd play again in co-op but the game is definitely shelved otherwise.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    While I'm sure the answer is no, kill it with fire, or something similar...I have $10 in Amazon credit. I'm thinking Darkness II will be mine. Also, there is a Legacy Pack with something stupid like 16 adventure games in it for $4.99 which includes Chap 1 - 5 of a Doctor Who point and click. Anyone played those to know just how horrible they are? I mean, $1 each for a mediocre point and click on a series I love still seems tempting...

• ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    Woke up to this morning, and @Ruiner999 (Borntohula) has sent me the Devils playhouse (Sam and max). Thanks for your upstanding classiness, Your assault on my backlog will not go unnoticed.

Thanks to @karmacappa for the code for the Zombie Puzzler. It looks like the type of quick puzzle game I love to play so I can't wait to install it. Right now I'm installing Darkness II - if anyone missed it, it's back to $4.99 on Amazon and activates on Steam.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Natural Selection 2 is the top selling game right now, even during the Halloween sale! I'm so proud of all of you.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I'm very tempted by NS2 (played some of the mod, way back), but I know from past experience that when I get too many MP-only games in a short space of time, it's inevitable that one of them goes unplayed for long enough that the community dries up and then it's just a wasted purchase. Between War of the Roses and Guns of Icarus I should have my hands pretty full.

Someone make me a Let's Play for NS2. I demand it. ;)

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
    The NS2 community is not going to dry up. It has a dedicated fanbase, something War of the Roses and Guns of Icarus didn't. It has a competitive community, something those two games didn't have. It has been played for more than a year now in large numbers, something those two games can't claim. The original mod still has players. And there's literally dozens if not hundreds of hours of NS2 footage on YouTube if you want to check it out.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Iolo wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Given the Disney acquisition of Lucas Film today, I think I'll reinforce what I've said a bunch of times in the past, if there's an old item you want based off a property with licensing issues, get it while you can. Disney has stated in their conference call their game focus is going to be about licensing rather than publishing, which does not look good for LucasArts, who have published the games on Steam. Granted, since the property owner published the games, they are not as likely to disappear as some, but better safe than sorry. At the very least give a look if it's on sale soon, as if they shutter LucasArts, we might not see decent sales as often.

@Corpekata, or other knowledgeable forumer, what's the short list of games to consider scooping up?

Offhand I can just think of all the Star Wars games and the lucasarts adventure pack which has the dig, loom and 2 Indiana jones games. Also possibly the Lego Star Wars/Indiana jones games? Not sure who publishes those.

initiatefailure on
    I'm really liking Botanicula but for a cute little point n click it feels like it goes on forever.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    I'm really liking Botanicula but for a cute little point n click it feels like it goes on forever.

I think it's only about 3 hours long, give or take. I finished it in one sitting then went back for the 2 achievements I was missing. I wouldn't mind at all if it was longer.

camo_sig2.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I still am disappointing in the lack of a demo for Natural Selection. I want to play it so bad but I am not entirely sure my laptop can run it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    It'll have a free weekend eventually. Demos are really hard for small indie studios developing multiplayer only games. Free weekends are much better for them.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't even know what natural selection 1 was, let alone this new game.

I assume it was a 2d fighting game set on and staring animal species of the Galápagos Islands?

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I assume it was a 2d fighting game set on and staring animal species of the Galápagos Islands?
    This?
    teenage-mutant-hero-turtles-turtles-in-time-1-L-wtXfjW.jpeg

Actually it's on Steam for free if you want it.

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I don't even know what natural selection 1 was, let alone this new game.

If only. I'm imagining Charles Darwin as the final boss, with lines like "your adaptation to this environment is...sub-optimal."

While I'm sure the answer is no, kill it with fire, or something similar...I have $10 in Amazon credit. I'm thinking Darkness II will be mine.

Darkness II is a really solid game, especially for $10. It's short and dumb and has no real replay value, but it's a great ride of a FPS that has a neat art style and some interesting gameplay mechancics.

This discussion has been closed.