As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Go to new thread

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    I put the vendor lady on my farm so I can sell seeds to her. I guess the fish being closer would save exactly 5 seconds getting to him for predictions, but I thought the vendor would be nice. I will store my seeds on the seed vendor, not in my bags, thank you.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The rewards right now are just a bunch animals on the farm, free seeds and other minor things. A couple of the people give you pets, and one of them will put a mailbox on the farm. I also think one of them redos the inside of the hut complete with an oven for cooking. The animals might become harvestable later according to rumor as well.

Edit: Oh you get a straw hat from the old guy for xmogging.

Jubal77 on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    forty wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Also Halfmex you will want to continue to do the Tillers dalies if you want to get best buddies with the individuals and have them work on your farm for some rewards.
    What does getting best friends and having them work on your farm actually do for you? I know Jogu is worthwhile just for the free predictions, but I couldn't find any explanation for whether or not the other NPCs do something useful or just stand around looking pretty.
    Yeah, I've wondered the same. I know being best friends with Old Hillpaw gets you a Straw Hat (unique Raiden-esque hat of any armor type) and you can get a pet from Sho (cricket I think), but I don't know about the others.

Still, Blizzard would have to pretty much lavish me with gold and prizes for me to even consider doing the FGS daily another day.

Edit: Ah, so just more stuff for the farm or pets. Eh. Maybe after 5.3 when I get bored I'll do other dailies.

Halfmex on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    So it's mostly just the slight convenience of moving things to be 50 yards closer? Eh, not sure if I'll bother with them then.

Now if only there was a faction that could move the HP/CP and JP/VP vendors about 5,000 yards closer to someplace useful.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Also Halfmex you will want to continue to do the Tillers dalies if you want to get best buddies with the individuals and have them work on your farm for some rewards.
    What does getting best friends and having them work on your farm actually do for you? I know Jogu is worthwhile just for the free predictions, but I couldn't find any explanation for whether or not the other NPCs do something useful or just stand around looking pretty.

Gina is a vendor, so if you're really lazy you can just have her join your farm, then you don't have to walk/fly the few yards over to the main Tiller area to sell stuff.

Other than that...nothing really.

If I spend more than 20 minutes doing the tillers dalies I am either talking to someone or just not paying attention. They are the quickest dalies out there. But then again I am a tank spec class so fatty goatsteak is a laughably easy quest for me to do.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Samphis wrote: »
    I put the vendor lady on my farm so I can sell seeds to her. I guess the fish being closer would save exactly 5 seconds getting to him for predictions, but I thought the vendor would be nice. I will store my seeds on the seed vendor, not in my bags, thank you.

This is what I did. My reasoning being that after I finish all the cooking masteries (which I've now done) I don't give a shit what the special crop is because I'm just going to plant songbells en-mass :P

It's nice to have the vendor there because I've also got the mailbox close by, and being exalted w/ Tillers she makes a good repair vendor that I know I'll get the discounted repair cost with (waaaaay too many repair vendors in Pandaria without an associated faction).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah I expect FGS would be a breeze on my other alts. Why oh why must I continue to main my rogue? Damn my sentimentality.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The one other reward for getting everybody up to best friend is that once you do, there's sort of a hidden quest line you can do involving Old man Thistle's hidden treasure. The end reward is one of every rare gem.

Granted, not much of a reward, but it's there.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    That includes a meta gem btw; my my server they're still going for 1k+ so it's worth doing.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You don't HAVE to run dailies for the Best Friends stuff. Each person has a "favorite food" that you can make five of for some rep. Those are technically dailies in that you are limited to doing it once per day, but it's an alternative to finding the 500th Prize Chicken.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited October 2012
    I did the food on my main since I had already leveled most cooking and had a bunch. It was definitely faster. On my horde 90 I've been just relying on the dailies and I do two passes every day of the heartland for dark soil.

It's surprisingly effective and not really stressful or inordinately time consuming.

Definitely slower, for sure, than adding food into the mix, but seems to be lining up with the actual rep grind better.

Though, once we can get double rep, and you know it won't apply to sub-reps, you'll probably get exalted with tillers well before you get all the townsfolk as best buds.

EDIT: completely unrelated, apparently Galleon is a faction tag? I'm not sure if you have to be in a raid to get credit, but multiple raids can get credit.

Not sure if that's a bug or not, but...cool? Got him on my warrior last night. No loot but still, got the achievement and found out that little tidbit.

The Dude With Herpes on

So I brought up needing to have 10 stacks on Elegon, and was promptly waved off with "we can do it with 8."

Then I was told to make sure to glyph Holy Wrath....as Ret. :rotate:

Good luck Nobody. My guild had the hardest time killing that boss with the 470s ilvls we had... until we went to 10 stacks. As we get closer and closer to 480 we will most likely down it faster and not need as many stacks but the fight is very tight and that extra 10% dmg works wonders.

Good luck Nobody. My guild had the hardest time killing that boss with the 470s ilvls we had... until we went to 10 stacks. As we get closer and closer to 480 we will most likely down it faster and not need as many stacks but the fight is very tight and that extra 10% dmg works wonders.

Oh I know, I'm fully expecting that we're going to beat our heads against this encounter until one of the following happens:

1. Implosion.
    2. We overgear the encounter via HoF LFR.
    3. Blizzard starts the MGV version of the radiance debuff on the dungeon.

Nobody wrote: »
    Why would Blizzard make it harder?

YL9WnCY.png
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Reducing the health and damage makes it harder?

• ZythonZython Registered User regular

He thought you were talking about sunwell radiance.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    edited October 2012
    Zython wrote: »

He thought you were talking about sunwell radiance.

Which is silly, and wouldn't fit with the statement I had made O_o

It does appear it was called "power of the aspects." For some reason I remembered it being called "radiance of the aspects."

EDIT: This double quote bug is silly.

Nobody on
    Do we think they're going to go with the nerf aura system this tier? They've claimed they don't want to do something like that every tier, and so far the precedent has just been to dump it into the final tier of the expansion to help string people along for the 10-12 months from then until the next expansion. The earlier tiers just seem to get precision nerfs or the "all at once" nerf in a later patch.

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Blizzard said a while ago they liked the system more than what they've tried previously and their are feats of strength in the game for clearing t14 without a nerf debuff and before t15. They may choose not to implement the aura but they've left the option open. With the three instances and given that T14 looks like a long tier they may apply the debuff to Mogu'shan first, then heart and then fear rather than blanket nerf all 3 at once. LFR for Heart of Fear and Terrace will help "nerf" the encounters allowing them to delay or scrap the buff entirely. It's hard to say.

I'll try find the blue post they made during beta when they were asked about it.

edit: I can only find the less interesting post about the FoS which is here (spoilered below)
    They are adding a FoS for killing heroic bosses in MoP without the nerf. One can only hope that this FoS will disappear once the next tier comes out, otherwise it's a pretty pointless feat of strength.

Yes, those feats of strentgh you mention are the "Cutting Edge" achievements that you may have seen already in some fansites. The idea the developers have right now is that these won't be available once a new raid tier is introduced.

And currently the intention of the developers is to stick with these for future raid tiers.

There was a more interesting post on the effects of the DS debuff and their philosophy but I was unable to find it.

danx on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Achievements, or Feats of Strength, rather, have been datamined that refer to a debuff system. "Kill X Boss with the Debuff inactive or disabled."

wowhead.com/search?q=cutting%20edge

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you also occasionally find the rare tillers gifts when you harvest your crops, so if you aren't concerned about making your rep pane look nice or something you can just grind all the useless NPCs up that way.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    you also occasionally find the rare tillers gifts when you harvest your crops, so if you aren't concerned about making your rep pane look nice or something you can just grind all the useless NPCs up that way.

I wish those items were BOA or something. I keep getting them even though I'm "Best Friends" (or whatever it's called) with all Tillers. Very annoying since it makes you type "DELETE" to trash them and they are not vendorable.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Would be nice. But I'm of the mind that practically everything outside of gear drops should be BoA.

Invisible on
    Invisible wrote: »
    Would be nice. But I'm of the mind that practically everything outside of gear drops should be BoA.

I actually agree. Keep dungeon/raid stuff as BoP, but most other stuff I don't see the point in not letting you swap it around to your alts.

Well, the Tiller gifts from farming are pretty damn rare, and they only give 900 base rep for a turnin, so it'd take an insanely long time to get best friends just from occasionally digging them up. It's also annoying having to fly out to turn some of them in (Sho, the cat lady, dunno if there are others).

But they've gone ridiculously overboard making things BoP this time. Motes of Harmony, Tiller goodies (Why even limit them to BoA? Why shouldn't people be able to sell and buy these?), some of those rare drops (kill a level 91 mob with 4 million health that can one-shot you if you're not careful and get an ilvl 440 level 85 req item; what 85 is going to be killing those?). None of that stuff makes any sense being BoP.

• dylmandylman Registered User regular
    So many decisions (and regressions on previous improvements) in this expansion don't make any sense whatsoever; my belief is that we're all lab rats in some kind of experiment. Definitely CRZs are a test bed for Titan, no other explanation makes sense.

So I'm one day away from unlocking the crusader title and I just realized that it also unlocks a new vendor with 2 mounts. One of the mounts is paladin only. I did this on my hunter.

*sigh*
    At least it's only another 25 days and enough Justice Points to max out Argent Crusade rep.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's more likely that CRZ is a testbed for some kind of truly "realmless" gameplay environment. We're already seeing it with stuff like OpenRaid. The tech exists for progression level raiding to happen on a cross realm basis right now, they just haven't implemented it because they're afraid of 'what would happen to guilds,' or something.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    EDIT: This double quote bug is silly.
    Double quoting happens if you open the quote in another window/tab via middle click or some other means. If you left click it so the quote goes into the box at the bottom of the page, you won't get a double quote.

Also I'm sad Halloween is ending cause now I will be sans rep buff. I will be happy about not needing to go out of my way to get the buff back any time I got ganked.

Opty on
    CRZ is 100% them testing the system for Titan.

What I am most sad about halloween ending is the instant mounts.

They should make mounts function like that always. instant in the world and cast time in battlegrounds. win/win.

Throw in being able to interact with objects while mounted and you've got yourself a deal.
    We can call it "Because fuck Druids, that's why" patch.

edited November 2012
    Awww... kick in the balls night. Too many people out with their kids trick or treating to raid. Ran all of LFR with two coins to use for both bosses that drop weapons and nothing but gold the whole night. Ran my last Hallows for the last chance of the sword and the game gave me a hallowed helm AND Squashling.... :(

Oh well back to fishing up the daily fish.

Jubal77 on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Throw in being able to interact with objects while mounted and you've got yourself a deal.

Monks have it better.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    Monks have it better.
    It's a toss-up.

Zen Flight is slow as fuck. We're talking slower than apprentice mount speed. Faster than running, but it's not going to be replacing any of your mounts. Flight Form is effectively a mount, scaling to your riding skill, which is very handy.

Many objects can be interacted with while using Zen Flight. Unlike Flight Form, you do not have to be grounded, which trivializes a lot of quests. That Torch quest for the August Celestials? Yeah, I can flight over all the bullshit without breaking a sweat. So long as there are no ranged nor flying mobs, I'm very solid for a lot of quests.

Zen Flight, however, breaks when talking to NPCs. Flight Form does not. This means some quests are easier when you have to speak with some asshole that decided to camp in Bear Town as a druid.

Both forms can be dazed, but their effects are not broken on it. This is less practically for Zen Flight, as you won't be using it as a primary form of transportation.

There are pros and cons to both.

YL9WnCY.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm late to the party but the saddest thing in that Dev Watercooler article on PvP is that they state they moved mage control to talents (which they didn't, it was the other way round) and don't even adress what happened to Rogues (moving their tools to talents and thus effectively removing them).

And I know @forty has a hate-boner for rogues, but Smokebomb isn't even a big deal anymore, being removed from prep (and also nobody takes prep anyway)

• JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Is there a Pandaria version of the Vault raids for tier gear? Or have they done away with that since they added LFR?

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Sha of Anger is supposed to filll that role.

This discussion has been closed.