As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Young Justice was Better Thread

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited October 2007 in Graphic Violence
there's no TT thread so here's one, because things are getting interesting with them.

First there's this part from Teen Titans #38. The traitor comment is referring to Raven's diary saying that one of the TT fill-ins during 52 stole something from the tower. I fully expect Power Boy to have the biggest man-bulge in the DCU.

Then there's Titans East, being created by Deathstroke. A team of villains that are analogues to the Teen Titans (or former Titans). The members (so far):

Batgirl (Robin)
Match (Superboy)
Inertia (Impulse/Kid Flash)
Sun Girl (Wonder Girl?)
Joker's Daughter (Ravager?)
Choir Boy/Kid Crusader (Kid Devil)
Risk (Risk)

I think Match might piss Robin off with Tim's whole trying to clone Conner thing.

Garlic Bread on

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Is it just me, or is Johns really getting out of hand with the "miniature version of heroes" thing?

I mean, Little Barda? Come on.

Right after I post, you make a thread.

Sars_Boy on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Is it just me, or is Johns really getting out of hand with the "miniature version of heroes" thing?

And who the fuck is Talon? He looks like he would be Robin's sidekick.

Although Young Frankenstien could be awesome.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Yeah, Little Barda's retarded. Along with Young Frankenstein, Power Boy, and Molecule.

I do enjoy Kid Devil, though.

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Apparently he's Robin's analogue from the Crime Syndicate world.

Garlic Bread on
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Apparently he's Robin's analogue from the Crime Syndicate world.
    Ugh. There's one thing I wish that would of stayed off of New Earth.
    Oh well, as you said, Kid Devil is awesome so I can't hate this book too much. Although I wish he would still make the horrible puns he did in Young Justice, I loves me some puns.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Yeah, Little Barda's retarded. Along with Young Frankenstein, Power Boy, and Molecule.

I do enjoy Kid Devil, though.

Yeah, Kid Devil's fine. I mean, he's been around for a long while. I'm talking about all these people that Johns seems to be pulling out of his ass.

Sars_Boy on
    edited August 2006
    Oh well, as you said, Kid Devil is awesome so I can't hate this book too much. Although I wish he would still make the horrible puns he did in Young Justice, I loves me some puns.

I wish I could read the YJ issues. No shops around me have any, and I've got the three trades available (Young Justice, Sins of Youth, and YJ/Spyboy).

Garlic Bread on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Getting rid of the alternate earths is a stupid idea. It removes story telling potential.

DouglasDanger on
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:

I wish I could read the YJ issues. No shops around me have any, and I've got the three trades available (Young Justice, Sins of Youth, and YJ/Spyboy).
    I love YJ it is easily one of my favorite comics ever.

Kid Devil is only in the second to last arc though, where YJ gets basically every teen hero at that time and zerg rushes Zandia.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:

EBAY DAMMNIT!

I DON'T CARE IF YOU KILL SOMEONE AND TAKE HIS ISSUES, IT MUST BE READ.

Sars_Boy on
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

EBAY DAMMNIT!

money is a problem

Garlic Bread on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    Wait, is this thread seriously bad-mouthing Lil' Barda and the CSA? Oof. It's hilarious how Slo-bo was hunky-dory but Lil' Barda is somehow beyond the pale for you Young Justice fans.

Terrorbyte on
    edited August 2006
    get off my forums

Garlic Bread on
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Little Barda's dumb as shit.

Uh, okay. Care to rephrase this in something other than a retarded grunt?

Terrorbyte on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I don't mind all these new characters being created for the Titans. Why? It's a supergroup founded by kid sidekicks or young analogues of adult heroes. Now lets face it, we've had more or less the same roster with a few different variables. These new characters add something different to the mix, whether they're analogues ot not.

And Terrorbyte...stop being a dick and quit posting.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Wait, is this thread seriously bad-mouthing Lil' Barda and the CSA? Oof. It's hilarious how Slo-bo was hunky-dory but Lil' Barda is somehow beyond the pale for you Young Justice fans.
    How are you still here?! Slo-Bo was originally a joke. Lobo got turned into a kid, antics ensue etc. But he evolved past that eventually until he became a tragic character.

However Lil' Barda, Power Boy, Zatara(Kinda), Young Frankenstien and Miss Martian all appeared simultanieously out of Geoff John's ass. However they could have potential but as for now they are a bad idea. I don't hate his writing but this is a bit much.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

EBAY DAMMNIT!

money is a problem

Go for the killing option.

P.S. Terrorbyte, quit being a bitch.

Sars_Boy on
    edited August 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    These new characters add something different to the mix.

Animal Boy! Nurse Fate! Hawklad! Groddling! Andy Strange! Lieutenant Atom! Miss Miracle!

Seriously, I'm all for characters like Zatara and Miss Martian and Lil' Barda. It's nice to see that the family "tradition" of the DCU extends beyond the Trinity.

Terrorbyte on
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Animal Boy! Nurse Fate! Hawklad! Groddling! Andy Strange! Lieutenant Atom! Miss Miracle!

Seriously, I'm all for characters like Zatara and Miss Martian and Lil' Barda. It's nice to see that the family "tradition" of the DCU extends beyond the Trinity.
    Oh boy we'll have sidekicks coming out of EVERYWHERE. Just like the Golden Age. Yippie.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Oh boy we'll have sidekicks coming out of EVERYWHERE. Just like the Golden Age. Yippie.

Well now he's just pushing it. Like a dick.

Bad Karma on
    edited August 2006
    Also..like I said in my review of #38, Teen Titans needs McKone back as penciller. Ever since his run on TT, I now associate the book with him, and vice versa. McKone or Perez would work beautifully. McKone actually makes them look, you know, like Teens...Super Teens.

Bad Karma on
    edited August 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Also..like I said in my review of #38, Teen Titans needs McKone back as penciller. Ever since his run on TT, I now associate the book with him, and vice versa. McKone or Perez would work beautifully. McKone actually makes them look, you know, like Teens...Super Teens.

I really hate the way McKone draws Bart.

Sars_Boy on
    edited August 2006
    Young_Justice_Ext.png

Cough.

Terrorbyte on
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Young_Justice_Ext.png

Cough.
    I count outside of the real YJ team 3 "mini" versions of heroes: CM3, Kid Devil and Lagoon Lad. All of the others are independant heroes. Damage is unique, Serpenteen is unique, The Wonder Twins(In their YJ versions only, cause y'know, Superfriends ) are unique. Miss Martian, Power Boy and Young Frankenstien are not.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I think the most interesting thing about these fill-in members is how they came into being. Power Boy actually might have some history behind him, but other than that, the mind boggles at how any of these people exist. I mean, Miss Martian? There's got to be a good story there.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Earth-2?

Furu on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Thanks for sharing. What is that, other than a bunch of juvenile deliquents getting ready for a crank and booze fueled orgy of Roman proportion? seriously though, you should say something after posting a picture, you know, for context.

DouglasDanger on
    edited August 2006
    Thanks for sharing. What is that, other than a bunch of juvenile deliquents getting ready for a crank and booze fueled orgy of Roman proportion? seriously though, you should say something after posting a picture, you know, for context.

[spoiler:5bd7caf356]It's all of them getting ready to go to Zandia and avenge the death of Anita's dad, Agent Fite.[/spoiler:5bd7caf356]

Sars_Boy on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Miss Martian, Power Boy and Young Frankenstien are not.

Considering all we have to go on them are pictures, how can you say that?

Furu on
    edited August 2006
    I hate to aid Terrorbyte but my inner-geek forces me to. As I previously said, YJ gathered just about every teen hero at the time and zerg rushes Zandia to avenge Empress' parents. This is the first time we see all of them together.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited August 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Miss Martian, Power Boy and Young Frankenstien are not.

Considering all we have to go on them are pictures, how can you say that?
    They are based off of: Power Girl, Martian Manhunter and Frankenstien, therefore not original nor independant. I didn't say they had to be bad characters they just aren't original.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

EBAY DAMMNIT!

money is a problem

what's your address

Garlic Bread on
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

EBAY DAMMNIT!

money is a problem

what's your address

You almost got me there, you sly fox.

Sars_Boy on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I don't see why he owes you that honor when you've never shown the same courtesy.

The Muffin Man on
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I don't see why he owes you that honor when you've never shown the same courtesy.

Good point, buttface.

Terrorbyte on
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Good point, buttface.
    Wow....just wow. Gentlemen, the bar has been lowered.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    was that young Lobo? Badass.

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
    edited August 2006
    was that young Lobo? Badass.
    Y'mean in the group shot? Yeah that's Slo-Bo an imperfect "identical twin" of Lobo's, he is very badass.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Good point, buttface.

Oh, please. Your contribution to this thread is "Duh, the characters aren't original!" I mean, the whole frickin' point of the Teen Titans is that they contain young characters in the DCU/JLA's big ol' family. Some are original, others are carrying on a legacy. Think how stupid your point would've been way back when with Wally West.

Terrorbyte on
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Good point, buttface.

Oh, please. Your contribution to this thread is "Duh, the characters aren't original!" I mean, the whole frickin' point of the Teen Titans is that they contain young characters in the DCU/JLA's big ol' family. Some are original, others are carrying on a legacy. Think how stupid your point would've been way back when with Wally West.
    Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, Red Star, need I continue? These are some famous Titans that were never sidekicks. Yes the originals and some of the current Titans were and are Kid Versions of the Big Heroes, however most of them were introduced when there were sidekicks everywhere. Now that the sidekick is a rare thing outside of the originals introducing 7 (Riddler's Daughter, Young Frankenstien, Molecule, Power Boy, Zatara, Miss Martian and Lil' Barda.) at the same time is rediculous. Now if Johns took each and every one of those characters and made them intresting enjoyable and readable I'll take back eveyrthing I said but as of now they are little more than rediculous attempts at making the Teen Titans really JLA Jr.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    so, anyone else annoyed by what they're doing with batgirl ? she used to be so interesting...

rchou on