As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic Art - Critiques 'yo NSFW/56k

GodLovesYou69GodLovesYou69 Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Artist's Corner
Warning: poorly censored wang is present in the following images.

I'm not getting much help at the usual place I post so here I am. Could I get some some crits on the following?

Text taken out because I can't show it. No big loss though, the plot is god-awful.

papg1ba6.jpg

papg2pd8.jpg

papg3vs3.jpg

lol compensating m i rite!?

GodLovesYou69 on

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aside from that last bit being sort of tasteless, I like it a lot. The style is great, the perspective seems fine, the inking is clean and beautiful, the panel progression is intuitive enough, the lighting seems great in the colored panels, and the coloring itself is nice.

...err, wait, I'm supposed to provide some constructive criticism, right? Well... some of the panels aren't colored! You suck! Go back to art class you hack!

Seriously, it's very nice. The coloring seems to add a lot of depth that's missing from the uncolored panels. I can't think of anything else to criticize right at the moment, perhaps someone else will be able to help you with that more. :P

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • GodLovesYou69GodLovesYou69 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You suck! Go back to art class you hack!

:(

GodLovesYou69 on
  • Highlander_77Highlander_77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmm...it's going to be tough to give much of a useful critique based on this...you seem to have your act pretty well together. Not much I can see that needs a whole lot of improvement...at least, not in these pages. Any chance you have more work that you can post. Maybe if we see enough of it, something will jump out.

Highlander_77 on
    El_Pollo_Diablo.jpg"Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!"
    edited July 2007
    Nothing more from this set, no.

GodLovesYou69 on
  • BananaChipsBananaChips Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The way the guy is holding the guitar in the last panel seems sort of awkward, and it looks like Bugs Bunny was taking a route to Pismo Beach which happened to take him underneath the character (long and unfunny way of saying I'm not sure what that beveled line under him is supposed to be :P) Actually, what is he standing on? It seems like some sort of globe. The art is very nice though, it has a really nice style to it, very clean.

BananaChips on
    bananagr9.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the beveled line you are refering to is supposed to be an impossibly long wang.

I wouldn't have figured that out if he hadn't mentioned a penis being in the comic.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    there are no words...

F

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • hijinksensuehijinksensue Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I also missed the humongo-dong at first. Then I tripped over it.

hijinksensue on
    HijiNKS Ensue
    geek comic
    www.hijinksensue.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    I'll try to make the donger a bit less ambiguous then.

Anything else?

GodLovesYou69 on
  • lilchingch0nglilchingch0ng Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i like you

lilchingch0ng on
    edited August 2007
    Are ... are you coming on to me?

GodLovesYou69 on
  • lilchingch0nglilchingch0ng Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    sorry, i'm only interested in you as a friend/f*ckbuddy, i'm not interested in any serious relationships at this time.

on a serious note, 3rd page top 3 panels were very confusing to me. this is mostly because it took me some time to find the little meteor thingy (where's waldo?). If its not going to be colored maybe you could place some more emphasis on it so i don't have to search? if it will be colored, then just make sure to make it shiney, kk?

lilchingch0ng on
    edited August 2007
    I plan to (eventually) color it, but that's no excuse for bad composition. I'll see what I can do to bring attention to it.

GodLovesYou69 on