As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Go to new thread

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    I'm late to the party but the saddest thing in that Dev Watercooler article on PvP is that they state they moved mage control to talents (which they didn't, it was the other way round) and don't even adress what happened to Rogues (moving their tools to talents and thus effectively removing them).

And I know @forty has a hate-boner for rogues, but Smokebomb isn't even a big deal anymore, being removed from prep (and also nobody takes prep anyway)

I don't really see too much wrong in what is being said; warriors and BM hunters and their burst are being looked at, mages as well, and they have noted destruction warlocks.

The healing snippet is a bit up in the air. As they say, due to the burst some are putting out, it is hard to say what they should do about healing until after that damage is sorted out. I'm a bit worried about how they're going to sort it out though. Resto shaman and Holy paladins are too strong (nothing about resto druids?), but how does a flat nerf to all healing help solve that for disc. priests?

Shadow priest healing is a bit silly but they must be playing a different BGs to the ones I'm in if they can lump balance druids and elemental shaman in the same category. Nerfing all hybrid healing because of one or two hybrid specs sounds a bit OTT, because what happens to the others (enhancement / rets?).

Using the figures from that post (I know they're not final), hybrid healing could be hit by the 30% nerf, in addition to the pvp power change.

PSN Fleety2009
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I just didn't find much substance in the post. They reiterated their stance on MMR reset (note: why isn't MMR accountwide? makes no sense under that argument) and basically told us what we knew from the PTR notes regarding class balance.

It was just funny that they address mage control moving to talents (which again, didn't happen at all, mage control was moved to baseline abilities) and don't address rogue control moving to talents. The latter is part of the percieved problem with rogues right now: Every other class got new tools, while rogues lost some.

The team rating change sounds interesting and there is some stuff lightly alluded to in the last part of the article, but that is all so vague, that I doubt we will see anything before 5.2 and it will be heavily redsigned then.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Just because you know how to play class a to high rating doesn't mean you know for class b. Thats why mmr is per character.

steam_sig.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    seems like some weird shit is going down with the curse sites again, best to avoid them for a while

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So last night I was out, but they went ahead and went for 9 stacks of the debuff for Elegon, and oneshot him. Go figure.

Then got Will down same night.

Looks like we're the only guild Hordeside on my server that's 6/6.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    I'm late to the party but the saddest thing in that Dev Watercooler article on PvP is that they state they moved mage control to talents (which they didn't, it was the other way round) and don't even adress what happened to Rogues (moving their tools to talents and thus effectively removing them).

And I know @forty has a hate-boner for rogues, but Smokebomb isn't even a big deal anymore, being removed from prep (and also nobody takes prep anyway)
    It's as big a deal as it ever was. You just don't get to do 10 seconds of it now.

They should let you thumbs down up to 8 battlegrounds, because all but the two new ones suck and are poorly designed in one way or another.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    They aught to fix smoke bomb. I'd actually use it a lot in PvE if it ever actually worked. Seems like it rarely actually works to create a LoS on mob spells. Half the time you're better off just kicking the dude if you want him to move somewhere.

Edit: Awesome. Three days later (seriously, hire more GMs) they responded to my ticket and granted me the Tablet of whatever rare cooking recipe that I got screwed out of because the object disappeared when I tried to loot it and didn't give me the item.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Also GC has to have been replaced by some sort of trolling robot. Every post about the regression from the 7/week to 1/day philosophy could be picked apart by a fifth grader.

It's just a bunch of tweets to say "fuck what you guys want, we're doing it our way" followed by trollface.jpg.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I could have sworn one of the reasons they gave for going back to the 1/day model was "we didn't want to make it feel like work" which is exactly the same reason they gave for going to the 7/week model

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    The new BGs are indeed a lot of fun, but I haven't seriously had time to try them out with trying to gear up for PVE.

Temple of Kotmogu may just be the most fun I've ever had in WoW PVP, though.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Javen wrote: »
    I could have sworn one of the reasons they gave for going back to the 1/day model was "we didn't want to make it feel like work" which is exactly the same reason they gave for going to the 7/week model

It was. All the more reason this change was completely stupid.

As an aside - I ended up having to run so many damn heroics on Monday because I realized I was short the weekly cap. And since I only get half credit after the first, I probably ran about twice as many as I should have needed to. I'm sorry I don't have time to run heroics every day with your fifty billion fucking dailies you added. I only have so much time to play each night on weekdays.

Edit: Ha, so I actually tried to ask Zarhym about this and got a confusingly unhelpful reply:
    @WarlockSoL: @CM_Zarhym I don't mind LFR but I wish you'd change heroics back to 7/week. Getting half valor due to limited play time on weekdays sucks.
    @CM_Zarhym: .@WarlockSoL You're comparing different models. You get bonus VP now EVERY TIME you queue random. Before it was 1 a day, then 7 a week.
    @CM_Zarhym: @HamletEJ @WarlockSoL There's a HUGE difference between benefitting slightly more by running 1/day, & missing all benefits for not doing so.

Which makes no sense. I don't want to go back to the 1/day model. I get that that model was worse than what we have now. But what the hell was wrong with the 7/week model?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Many objects can be interacted with while using Zen Flight. Unlike Flight Form, you do not have to be grounded, which trivializes a lot of quests. That Torch quest for the August Celestials? Yeah, I can flight over all the bullshit without breaking a sweat. So long as there are no ranged nor flying mobs, I'm very solid for a lot of quests.
    Druids only need to be grounded to gather, they can interact with quest items while flying.

Monks' Zen Flight is in no way better than Druids' Flight Form. Everything Zen Flight can do Flight Form can do but in some cases better.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    You can fish, do profession stuff, and pop only a flying mount in Zen Flight, though.

• ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    Can you swap specs in Flight Form?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yes, you can swap specs while in Flight Form. And I'll concede, I forgot Zen Flight doesn't block using crafting professions like Flight Form does which is actually something that annoys me from time-to-time.

edited November 2012
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

It was. All the more reason this change was completely stupid.

As an aside - I ended up having to run so many damn heroics on Monday because I realized I was short the weekly cap. And since I only get half credit after the first, I probably ran about twice as many as I should have needed to. I'm sorry I don't have time to run heroics every day with your fifty billion fucking dailies you added. I only have so much time to play each night on weekdays.

Edit: Ha, so I actually tried to ask Zarhym about this and got a confusingly unhelpful reply:
    @WarlockSoL: @CM_Zarhym I don't mind LFR but I wish you'd change heroics back to 7/week. Getting half valor due to limited play time on weekdays sucks.
    @CM_Zarhym: .@WarlockSoL You're comparing different models. You get bonus VP now EVERY TIME you queue random. Before it was 1 a day, then 7 a week.
    @CM_Zarhym: @HamletEJ @WarlockSoL There's a HUGE difference between benefitting slightly more by running 1/day, & missing all benefits for not doing so.

Which makes no sense. I don't want to go back to the 1/day model. I get that that model was worse than what we have now. But what the hell was wrong with the 7/week model?
    This is why it seems like they have to be trolling us. Literally every WoW player in the world understands that we want the first 7 in a week to give us "full" VPs, and then every one after that to give us half VPs. Yet somehow no one at Blizzard can comprehend this simple concept and thinks we want full VPs for the first 7 in a week and then nothing for any beyond that? They can't seriously be this dumb, can they? Is this just feigned ignorance because they have a bug up their ass about giving players what they want? Have the glue fumes really gotten that bad around the office?

forty on
    Flight Form is the perk druids get for shapeshifting mechanics being as clunky and GCD-ridden as they were 8 years ago.

Nobody wrote: »
    So last night I was out, but they went ahead and went for 9 stacks of the debuff for Elegon, and oneshot him. Go figure.

heroic?

steam_sig.png
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    They aught to fix smoke bomb. I'd actually use it a lot in PvE if it ever actually worked. Seems like it rarely actually works to create a LoS on mob spells. Half the time you're better off just kicking the dude if you want him to move somewhere.

Edit: Awesome. Three days later (seriously, hire more GMs) they responded to my ticket and granted me the Tablet of whatever rare cooking recipe that I got screwed out of because the object disappeared when I tried to loot it and didn't give me the item.

We use smoke bomb glyphed to 7 seconds as raid cooldown on third boss in MSV heroic. 2 times per rogue, once near start when first voodoos hit and once again below 20%.

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

heroic?

oh god no, normal.

Yeah, Hordeside on this server is in sad sad shape.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Is anybody else seeing MMO-Champion being flagged by Firefox for security reasons?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    They had a bad ad a few hours ago, but took it down, according to their moderators.

liEt3nH.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    My server is much the same. Something like 26 guilds are 6/6, maybe 4 or 5 of them are alliance. Top guild is alliance though, which is strange. I bet they'll swap soon.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    We couldnt even get back to Will this week :( Kept making stupid mistakes on Elegon.

Note: This was mainly because 2 out of 3 of our top dps live in NY and the other had to work.

Jubal77 on
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Gara'jal heroic down. Didn't drop a thing I wanted, of course.

We're still stuck on heroic Feng. We just don't have the aoe dps to do the shield phase properly, it stinks.

Lorahalo wrote: »
    We're still stuck on heroic Feng. We just don't have the aoe dps to do the shield phase properly, it stinks.

knockbacks help a lot

steam_sig.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    They get absorbed no matter what if you don't kill them within 30s, regardless of where they are standing.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Druids are stupid good on that fight. Ursol's Vortex + Typhoon is the most amazing thing. Vortex is functionally a slow and a knockback in one. Actually, what's your composition? Will be a lot easier to give advice knowing that.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Does anyone actually look at the Monk's Paralysis CC and think it looks like an "attack this target first" marker?

Because it's at least half the time after the Master Snowdrift fight in Shado-Pan Monastery that I roll up, CC the Regenerating Sha, roll backwards, and toss some kegs to start the fight, only to find that one or more DPS immediately charges straight in at the CC'd target and starts slapping it around.

We're not struggling with getting the spirits away from the shield, we're struggling with killing them. They're hitting the time limit before we can kill them. We haven't given it a shot this week so I'll check out how we do on Sunday.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Does anyone actually look at the Monk's Paralysis CC and think it looks like an "attack this target first" marker?

Because it's at least half the time after the Master Snowdrift fight in Shado-Pan Monastery that I roll up, CC the Regenerating Sha, roll backwards, and toss some kegs to start the fight, only to find that one or more DPS immediately charges straight in at the CC'd target and starts slapping it around.

I don't know how that looks, but people are probably trained through countless runs to just kill the Regenerating Shas first. Just CC a destroying one, helps the healer more.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I don't think I've ever been in a group that has bothered to CC anything. One time against those dogs, but every time after that nope. I even freeze trapped and sleeped two of them on my next run and they broke it anyways.

Which whatever, as long as we don't wipe I don't care. I'll just feign death anyways.

Invisible on
    edited November 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »

Speaking as somebody who had a mage since vanilla, it seems like all CC has had a blaring "break me" sign on it for quite some time. Everybody knows that the first attack on a sheep is a crit after all :rotate:

EDIT: In other news, we just absorbed one of the other 10 man guilds that was 4/6 to get up to 25 man strength. whee.

Nobody on
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    I hate tanking pugs, but I'm doing it anyway just so I get my daily VPs in a reasonable time. Because some tanks seem afraid of mobs. I'd break cc on sight just so I can get the mobs to aoe.

Alas, it's a bad habit that's hard to shake off for raids and challenge modes :P

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    People are already in the full on "aoe everything" mode Sabre so trying to CC stuff when you aren't in a premade group is a waste of time because like everybody else said, somebody will just break it.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Challenge modes seem really fun from what I've seen so far of them. I managed to get silver on Shado-Pan Monastery which I hear is a particularly difficult one.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    It's weird. When MoP first released I did the first zone and just hated it. After a brief hiatus in GW2, I came back to full rested and jumped ahead to Townlong Steppes and whatever the last zone is and have really enjoyed going from 87-90. Can't tell if it's the break or if the zones are just more fun (or perhaps the crush of new expac crowding got to me).

We'll see how the daily grind is in a little while, but for now, I guess they can have my 15 bucks for this month. I think having flying to go back and do the middle zones will help quite a bit, too. Need the cash anyway. Coming into this expansion with 1200 gold when it seems like ever the poorest of players is banking ten thousand is rough!

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Jade forest drags on for sure. The first bit of the zone is pretty decent for both sides, then once it has you going to a panda hub, then another panda hub, then another panda hub, then another panda hub it really drags on. Things like the monastery that could have been cool was just pure grind and lacked any real story, etc.

It is a completely exhausting zone; and they already revamped it. Valley and Krasarang definitely move along much better, though I dont' really care for the aesthetics of Krasarang so it is eh. Part of it is my same problem with the GL dalies in that it's irritating that all the Mogu have a bunch more health than everything else. I get it, they wanted to make them 'powerful' but what they did was make them tedious. Kun'lai is good, as is (most of) Townlong. Dread Wastes is miserable; offset somewhat by using the right mantid buffs (and mind controlling a Dreadweaver constantly).

Yeah, the zones in pandaria are really hit or miss. Both quest wise and visually. I love the overall look of Pandaria but some stuff is overkill. Jade Forest is just way way way too busy visually. Krasarang has too little variation, and except a few small parts you're out on the coast it just feels very clausterphobic. Valley is great, and Kun'lai actuallyfeels like you're going into huge mountains. Townlong is nice, if small; Dread Wastes is just visually irritating to me. All that blue on white is just ugh. It's just feels shitty, being there just is unpleasant.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.