As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten, by Level Up Labs, LLC

• Options
    larsiusprimelarsiusprime Registered User regular
    We are launching on Steam and everywhere else TOMORROW! W00t! Thanks for all your support!

We have a new feature in version 1.0.47 - Azra's Journal, which is an extra dose of story for New Game+ players. I will try to get this into all of the launch builds, but if it doesn't show up on day one, it will get patched in pretty quickly.

Also - I can confirm achievements work in the Steam version. They will work in the windows build on day one, and will come to the mac build about a week later, after I figure out how to bend XCode to my will.

Since you've all been so nice, I have a special treat for y'all. Here are 3 early-access STEAM keys for Defender's Quest!
    MHDMT-KMXYC-0TQKB
    R6IB0-3I57F-MMC7K
    YWWPA-HQFBP-C3ATP

The Steam version will be updated to version 1.0.47 later tonight, but it should be perfectly playable in its current state, just no achievements. I will mail out steam keys to all previous customers in a little bit as soon as I work out the technical details.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Snagged the first one, thanks!

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I grabbed the second one, can't believe it was still available.

I plan on purchasing the game and gifting it to someone, though. Thanks!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'd have been all over it, but I already have the game, and don't really care if it's on Steam or not. It's such a fantastic game, though, that yeah, I'm surprised they are still available too.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    I snagged the last one! Thanks so much, Lars, I cannot wait to play -- and good luck with your launch!!!!!

• Options
    Steam hasn't launched just yet, but GOG is already up:
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/defenders_quest

We're also on GamersGate, Impulse, Desura. Those should launch later today if they haven't already.

• Options
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Oh god this game is so good.

• Options
    Just want everyone to know I've started sending out Steam keys to previous customers. This will probably take at LEAST 20 hours to do as I have to send them in batches of no more than 500 keys / hour, and we have 10,000+ recipients total.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Just want everyone to know I've started sending out Steam keys to previous customers. This will probably take at LEAST 20 hours to do as I have to send them in batches of no more than 500 keys / hour, and we have 10,000+ recipients total.

8->

• Options
    Keys are coming along pretty well, people are getting them already. However, some people on GMail are finding the keys in their Spam folder. Please check your spam folder periodically over the next 24 hours or so to see if that's where your email wound up. If you find it there, mark it as "NOT SPAM"

This is because GMail has an adaptive spam filter, and if enough people mark an email as "not spam," hopefully it will learn and fix it for everyone else.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Mine was in my spam folder.

I already have the game on Steam though from the early access for testing.

I'm torn. I don't want that key to go to waste, but at the same time I want you good folks to make monies for your awesome game.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Give it to a friend :) We don't mind - the way I figure, we need publicity now more than maximized sales, so introducing a new person to the game can only help.

• Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    Got my key a bit ago, Yahoo is sending it to the spam folder, as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man, that sucks :( Well, at least people are getting it. Check your spam folders, everyone!

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Mine was in the spam folder as well.

Also, somehow I didn't get the achievement for having all the standard unique armors, despite having beaten all of the levels with 3 stars. It says I have 14/17. Are there even 17?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Gaardean wrote: »
    Got my key a bit ago, Yahoo is sending it to the spam folder, as well.

Mine made its way to my Inbox on Yahoo, for what it's worth. Thanks for the effort of getting us all Steam keys, Lars.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    @gjaustin:
    There should be.... can you list them for me so I can check them against my list in the data? I could very well have made a mistake somewhere.

larsiusprime on
  • Options
    Fixed the problem with the armor achievement. Still got a list of small bugs to fix, but I'm steadily cranking through them. Thanks for all the support!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Is there a keyboard shortcut to boost the currently selected unit? I didn't see anywhere that there was one, but it would be really handy.
    EDIT:I am dumb and it is B

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Couple days late, but my Steam code went to my yahoo spam folder, as well.

Thanks for the free "upgrade"!

• Options
    Now that the big launch is over, I'm going to spend my Fridays working on side projects and stuff. Here's this week's, if anyone's interested.
    Basically, I have Tourette's Syndrome and this is a game about that.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/LarsDoucet/20121109/181316/Tourettes_Quest.php

Rest assured there's more Defender's Quest to come, I just need one day a week to do something else so my brain doesn't melt 0_0

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    This game is really good, you guys.

Looks like @larsiusprime is giving away 50 copies on Steamgifts.com

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/B7eR3/defenders-quest-valley-of-the-forgotten

Your odds are...not good. But hey free games!

I love that I can go back and re-do old levels with higher level enemies for more loot and even unique items. Sort of a perfect amount of grindiness.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I used one of the keys from the OP way back, but just finally got around to playing it after it got added to Steam. I devoured this game. Loved the pacing of going back to old levels on harder difficulties to gear up for new levels. The only snag I ran into was when I accidentally set one of the final levels to hard, and then wondered why it repeatedly kicked my ass.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys! We should be going on sale soon for the Steam Autumn sale. I told them to set it to 50% off, I'll post again when it's activated.

EDIT: It's up! GO GO GO!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/218410/

larsiusprime on
  • Options
    Hey Larsius; how is it doing on Steam? If you don't mind sharing. I'm just curious if you have seen some good numbers since it went on Steam.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I will release full, detailed numbers eventually, but I'll say this for now - as of a few days ago, we had made more on the few weeks we'd been on Steam+Gog+et al, than we had since we first went on sale in January. So doubled our overall sales revenue.

Also here are our playtime stats:
    defq_playtime_stats.gif

larsiusprime on
  • Options
    Nice!

Well, congratulations, you guys definitely deserve it!

• Options
    We couldn't have done it without folks like yourselves. Steam definitely brings in a lot of sales, but getting there is the tricky part, and you lot were a big part of that.

• Options
    Quick update for anyone who's on the fence about this game: we're the daily deal today on Steam! Now's your chance to get it for just $5!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/218410

• Options
    ZenfarZenfar Registered User regular
    Sure I find out you are the daily deal two days to late :) Doesn't matter solid effort will be checking it out on Steam. Love the story written by actual English Major in the trailer. Great idea to combine these two core game concepts. Indie 4 life!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Aw, too bad about the sale. Well, we are on sale right now on GOG:
    http://www.gog.com/promo/defend___conquer_bundle

50% off individually, 75% off if you get everything in their "Defend and Conquer" bundle. Or you could wait for the Steam Winter sale, I assume that's probably coming soon?

larsiusprime on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Big announcement time!

What's going on? Indie Solidarity is what's going on! For those of you who might have wanted something closer to FF Tactics you should check out my friend Craig Stern's project, Telepath Tactics.

Here's a blog post about it with links to his project:
    http://www.fortressofdoors.com/2012/12/indie-solidarity-telepath-tactics.html

Basically, he has a cool Strategy RPG that NEEDS to happen. I don't have tons of my own money to give(though I did pledge), but I CAN summon free copies of Defender's Quest at will.

I already gave him 200 free copies to give away to backers, but I understand maybe not everyone can afford to pledge more than a few bucks.

So here's the deal. I'll give you a $15 value (I guess $8-$5 value right now during sales :P) for free, right now, and in exchange I'll ask you pretty please to give at least that much value to Craig in a kickstarter pledge. Even Stevens!

Here's da free codes!!!

FREE7XNDP
    FREE7XUFF
    FREE8BYKM
    FREE8DBRH
    FREE8KBUM
    FREE8NAZH
    FREE8NJBU
    FREE8NNDM
    FREE8PCJA
    FREE8PTKP

Redeem these codes at http://www.defendersquest.com/buy.html, click "add to cart" then enter the code, update coupon. You won't have to enter payment info but it might ask for your billing address, but I think you can just put in anything that looks vaguely like an address if you don't want to share that.

This gets you Mac/Win/Linux copies of the game, DRM Free, the soundtrack, and a Steam Key.

Please reply with what code you used so I can mark it off the list, and also be nice and don't take more than one

larsiusprime on
  • Options
    hsb03hsb03 Registered User new member
    Thanks!
    I used FREE8DBRH.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I was gifted this during the steam sale, along with a slew of other games. I haven't been able to put this one down for longer than an hour since I got it. Over XCom, BL2 DLC and a number of others.

Nice work. I love the fact that I can get going on the story then go back when I feel strong enough to go on the bigger difficulty levels. It adds so much for me.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I have used the code FREE7XUFF. Merry Christmas to you, good sir!

• Options
    KillmeisterKillmeister Registered User regular
    Redeemed FREE8NNDM. Love your classy way of helping out a friend, Telepath Tactics looks great!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I used FREE8BYKM and am checking out Telepath Tactics right now =)

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I used code FREE8NJBU. Thanks for the game, you classy gentleman.

Also, I discovered that FREE8PCJA and FREE8PTKP were already used by less classy gentlemen who failed to announce.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Just used FREE8NAZH myself. Thank you!

steam_sig.png