As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I guess I should make a more prolific post about my turn ons and turn offs

I'm a NY Giants/NY Yankees fan
    I wear a L/XL shirt (just depends on the fit)
    Favorite band: Dave Matthews Band/Rachael Yamagata/Ben Folds
    I have a wife and 2 kids but they don't need anything. The kids are getting a ton of shit for Christmas as it is. My wife is way too picky to shop for.
    I work at Best Buy and ALWAYS welcome Best Buy gift cards as I get a nice discount and can turn a $50 gift card into $200 in stuff easily.
    I have an Xbox 360, PS3, and PSP. I do the majority of my gaming on 360 except for PS3 exclusives.
    I'm a huge blu ray fanatic (own over 200) and love buying new movies. Favorite movies are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Jurassic Park, Lost in Translation, etc...
    I DO NOT collect comics anymore but I do love TPBs and graphic novels. Favorite characters THE MAXX! Batman, The MAXX, and THE MAXX
    Favorite color is orange
    I have type 2 diabetes so sweet snacks are very limited in my diet so getting me cookies or candy is not the best idea.
    I love boxing but I have no equipement
    I'm a HUGE photography nut. I own a Sony DSLR and I'm always wanting new shit for it. Anything photography is awesome and there will be a fair amount of stuff on my AMAZON WISHLIST

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    HAIL SATAN

Before you click the spoiler let me just make explicit that LITERALLY ANYTHING at all that YOU want to get me - anything that you think I might think is rad, regardless of the below list, is totally amazing. I love things! All sorts of original unique amazing things! Whatever! Be inspired by something! Go for it! The only things I don't really have a use for that I know some other people might like are, say, collectible toys of any kind, that ain't really my bag. Everything else is so gravy! But if you need an actual written list:
    As the lord of all evil I am sure you are well aware that I enjoy things that are extremely bad for me, like bourbon and cookies, cheese and beer. Foods I do not enjoy: bananas, cake, peanut butter, potato chips, soda pop, sea squirt or other tunicates (it’s awful), brownies. Foods I do enjoy: basically everything else.

I love travel and have done so pretty extensively in northeastern Asia. If you didn’t know, I have been living in Korea for four years and speak/read/write Korean with a fair degree of proficiency. Anything to do with travel and making traveling better or easier is aces by me. I have a dog who looks like the dog from Fraggle Rock but smaller and dumber. In my spare time I hike, force myself to jog, and take yoga. However the only things I have to facilitate these hobbies are a pair of year old Vibrams, a yoga mat, one small yoga towel and the world’s babiest hand weights. I also love riding bikes but I’m not sure what my bike situation will be when I get back to the States, because it might cost too much to ship mine there.

I really love design and advertising arts and that sort of stuff. I also listen to music and podcasts constantly, but my music tastes are really eclectic so I don’t know what to tell you there. The Talking Heads are my favourite band. My favourite artist is Bruce Springsteen and my favourite podcasts are RadioLab and This American Life.

Horror is my film genre of choice, followed by action movies and maybe comedies? I guess? I hardly ever watch comedies but I am not anti-them. I do watch a lot of horror films, and action films, and then mostly my viewing consists of documentaries and children’s movies. That said I own only a handful of the hundreds of movies I’ve seen and loved, and I have a blu-ray player at my disposal. I like video games but I only own a PC (I built it last year so it’s not terribly out of date) and a Nintendo 64. The 64 is the subject of a custody battle with my brother.

I love books and own a kindle (THANKS BEAST!). I love receiving books as presents, also, but I have lots and lots so maybe go through an intermediary if you’re thinking about getting me something that isn’t on my wishlist just to make sure I haven’t read it? I don’t know how you’d do that. You’d have to be really stealthy. My goodreads account is not comprehensive by any means because I routinely forget to update it and also half my library is in another country.

I read lots of science and history. I do not like memoirs and autobiographies very much but there are exceptions. NONFICTION BOOKS I LIKE: The Poisoner’s Handbook, Maximum City, Four Fish, American Brutus, Batavia’s Graveyard, The Age of Enlightenment. NONFICTION BOOKS THAT ARE AWFUL: Into the Wild, Devil in the White City, The Chicken Soup Series, Seabiscuit, books about conspiracy theory and books poorly supported by fact but nonetheless called nonfiction.

Fiction-wise I prefer books that are character-driven to those that are more world-building. I mostly read Snooty High-Brow Fiction but I also devour dozens of shitty low-brow books on a more or less constant basis and promptly forget I ever read them. FICTION BOOKS I LIKE: The Philip Kerr Berlin Noir series, Catch-22, The Flounder, anything by Murakami, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. FICTION BOOKS THAT SHOULD TAKE A HIKE: A Wrinkle in Time (sorry), Stephen King novels (sorry again), Ender’s Game, Dune, look just don’t buy me any shitty sci-fi where they crap their pants over how great their future world is and forget to make characters anyone gives a damn about.

I could really use a pair of cufflinks as I own none but do have some shirts requiring them. I also am at a critically low point in terms of jewelry. I’ve lost or had a bunch broken so now I’m down to a couple of necklaces and a variety of cheapish bracelets. If you are down with jewelry shopping that’s an idea for you!

Also because I will have moved back to the United States for the first time in four years, I will probably be lacking a lot of basic household staples. Things I will certainly not have: a toaster, a blender, good kitchen knives, lamps, any non-bathroom mirrors, non-wall decorative items, furniture... Things I definitely do have: wall decorations, one single nice cutting board, an ice cream maker, a waffle iron, a kitchenaid.

And lastly… my god you read all this? Lastly I have no camera at all anymore cause mine’s done broke and I know they’re expensive but if I got a camera I’d probably pee myself in joy.

I also won’t have a job right away when I return to America so if you want to get me one of those that’d be great.

EDITED NOTE: Satan, my mailing address is the place I will be AT CHRISTMAS but not before. Due to moving back to the States from overseas and all. If you send me a present between now and December 23rd (my arrival date in the U.S.) keep in mind that if it's not electronic/sent via email or internet I will not be able to open it. If this adds stress to your life I apologize!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll give you a job

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Is it a job more like :^:

Or a job more like :winky: ?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I can't stand Into the Wild either.

He was a fucking fool.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Why would people dislike berries.

• Options
    Exactly.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Zip hates things that bring people joy.

• Options
    That exactly is to the Into the Wild thing

The eating berries thing is crazy but since I dislike bananas, cake, peanut butter, potato chips, and soda pop I've been told repeatedly that I'm not allowed to give anyone shit about foods.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options

It's mostly a seeds thing and not a taste thing. I use them in my smoothies, make sauces out of them, eat jelly, etc. Just...no seeds.

Though, I actually don't like the flavor of strawberry.

• Options
    Exactly.

Friend of mine handed me the movie about it and told me that I'd love it. I watched it and handed it back to him with unmasked disgust. "What did you think?" "I think he was a damn fucking fool who people are now somehow idolizing because he thought 'oh hey, I don't need to prepare!' and then wandered off to die."

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »

It's mostly a seeds thing and not a taste thing. I use them in my smoothies, make sauces out of them, eat jelly, etc. Just...no seeds.

Whelp.

Guess who isn't getting a jar of homemade preserves for Christmas?

You.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Whelp.

You.

It's me, isn't it

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Which is a shame because jam is amazing

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Exactly.

Friend of mine handed me the movie about it and told me that I'd love it. I watched it and handed it back to him with unmasked disgust. "What did you think?" "I think he was a damn fucking fool who people are now somehow idolizing because he thought 'oh hey, I don't need to prepare!' and then wandered off to die."

Not a big fan of the book myself, but one can be interested in his story while recognizing the dude was stupid and/or delusional. It can still be interesting to see how their life lead them to that point without endorsing the decions they made.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    True, but nobody I've ever talked with about the book or movie has taken that angle. They often think that he was someone to be admired as opposed to interested and in this case that is a crazy difference.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I feel the same way about Grizzly Man

• Options
    Guy who got his shit kicked in by bears that were his friends? Yep.

• Options

I'll let you decide.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I see less people firmly on the side of Grizzly Man
    Way too much love for that Into the Wild idiot for being "Anti-society" and "Anti-capitalism"

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure those are the same job.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    BusterK wrote: »
    I see less people firmly on the side of Grizzly Man
    Way too much love for that Into the Wild idiot for being "Anti-society" and "Anti-capitalism"

Just tell them they should follow his example. :)

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

Whelp.

You.

omg
    give me your preserves
    all of them

also @Stale give me homemade pickles
    kthx

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Sassori still refuses to sign up for some reason, despite her awesome preserve-giving potential.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I want to do the cookie exchange this year. I got stiffed last year but oh well, fun times were still had.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    godmode wrote: »
    Sassori still refuses to sign up for some reason, despite her awesome preserve-giving potential.

It's because I'm poor and I don't want to give someone a crappy present.

I take gift-giving responsibilities very seriously and would not want to disappoint someone.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ever make passion fruit jam?

mmm passion fruit

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    My grandma made the most delicious amazing tomato preserves. I never could replicate exactly what she did, sadly.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    HELP

Do I go buy yarn tonight to get a head start on my SS gift

OR

do I tempt fate and buy yarn to try to start and finish an afghan for the CP charity in the next. . . 27 days

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am of the opinion that you shouldn't start it till you know who you have so you can personalize it.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Get a head start!

edit: or do what Ceres said, that's a good idea too

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Email sent!

I'm extra-excited for SS this year, I finally have a job and can buy nice things for people

xet8c.gif

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I have emailed

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I already have something kind of local in mind that I will probably send my Satanee. Also, since I'm not leaving the country 2 weeks before Christmas like last year, I actually have the chance to package everything and send a letter. Woo!

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ceres wrote: »
    I am of the opinion that you shouldn't start it till you know who you have so you can personalize it.

Did you see my other post? This is the exact issue that I struggle with, because my gifts take so much damn time. :(

Sheri on
  • Options
    The good news is

I bought some yarn to ATTEMPT to make something in time for the CP auction!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I can't speak for anyone else but if you were my Satan, Sheri, I would not give a damn if your handmade gift rocked up later

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    I find it exceedingly difficult to make wish lists or ask for things

It makes Christmas time very difficult for my potential gift givers

• Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Alright signup sent. Wishlist post here:

There are tons of things I am into.

-I like to cook
    -I collect/play Magic
    -Variety of RPGs(WEG Star Wars, D&D, Shadowrun are the biggest ones)
    -Play a variety of board games, have most of Arkham Horror now thanks to last years Secret Satan but am always looking for new games
    -Have a 360, PS3 and Wii
    -I have a 3 year old son
    -Handmade gifts are awesome too.

Have fun!

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

It's because I'm poor and I don't want to give someone a crappy present.

I take gift-giving responsibilities very seriously and would not want to disappoint someone.

If you gave somebody a nice handmade present and they complained, I'd kick their fucking teeth in. Don't get me wrong, bought presents are awesome, but going to the extra effort of crafting something with your own two hands is going above and beyond the call, in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.