As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA COMIC] Assassin's Steed

TubeTube Registered User admin
i-ZvJMcgn-L.jpg

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Now I'm singing the Bad Horse theme song.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've invested about 3.5 hours into this game so far. Not a lot, no. But I'm still not playing as Connor.

This game takes the long intro to a whole new level.

Also: Good comic.

• Options
    hailroboniahailrobonia Registered User regular
    When your horsassin isn't near you, he might be off in an alley with a whoresassin.

• Options
    Groosenat0rGroosenat0r http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy70Z6x00TM SkyloftRegistered User regular
    This comic... it feels so... so perfect... the last three comics feel just like old times...

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    When your horsassin isn't near you, he might be off in an alley with some whorse.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    sliver911sliver911 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hi, I never post about comics on this forum, until now....

When I saw that little horssasin head sticking out, I died of laughter. I mean. I died. I am typing this from a grave of hilarity

sliver911 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Horse mask DLC, coming soon?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I haven't played any of 'em, but this comic is hilarious. Classic PA stuff.

Also, a horse in an assassin hood makes me giggle.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    His horseshoes contain hidden blades.

Somehow he can take a galloping leap off a church steeple and land in a giant haystack (and eat his way out) without anyone noticing.

He's the direct descendant of Altair's horse.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    KalTorak wrote: »
    His horseshoes contain hidden blades.

Somehow he can take a galloping leap off a church steeple and land in a giant haystack (and eat his way out) without anyone noticing.

He's the direct descendant of Altair's horse.

Altai, leader of the Horsassins in their fight against the Templarabians (later to be known as the Abshirego Corporation).

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    metaphistmetaphist FLRegistered User regular
    Epona must have studied directly under one of the fabled Horsassins, this DOES explain everything...

as-siggy-blank-left.jpg
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Horsassins are nice, but I still like Skyrim's horse/mountain goat crossbreeds.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Connor's got some Trenchnose there.

Good comic. :)

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Horses are inexplicably funny.

• Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Horsassin. That just made my month and we're barely into it. :lol:

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Now I'm picturing horse archers, quiver buckled to their backs like a saddle, deftly drawing the bowstring despite their fingerless hooves. Piercing gaze speaking of unwavering determination and tremendous concentration.

And now I need to learn to draw horses, because it looks awesome on the sketchpad in my brain.

Also, I wasn't aware there was a time it wasn't okay to like Assassin's Creed. Yeah, there were grumbles about the main character being a dick, the side activities where you rescued the same three people spouting the same stupid lines over and over again, and the unwelcome preoccupation with the conceit that the player is controlling a sort of memory projector complete with intrusive UI elements. But it was also lauded for impressive environments and some neat-if-repetitive gameplay and a cool story grounded impressively well in a historical setting.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Horsassins are ingenious. No target would expect the very horse they are riding on to the be the assassin out to get them.

Also, I played the first Assassin's Creed and enjoyed it, since then they've released like what? 20 games in the last 5 years? Whats the development time on AC games, 5 minutes? I just can't keep up with that many sequels in such short a time.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Nah, not so bad; there was 2 years between AC and ACII, then Brotherhood was a year after that, Revelations was a year after that (and only because it was in development already and promoted from handheld status to proper game) and now ACIII is a year after that (though this has been in development since ACII, different teams and blablah)

There were a couple other handheld games on the PSP that don't matter, and a new spinoff on the Vita to coincide with ACIII. So 5 main series games in 5 years. ;D

Horsassins would need to come equipped with dummy riders, flopping about and generating more suspicion than they would assuage.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    I'm not a Madden fan, so a game a year is still too fast for me, I need time for my gaming taste buds to be cleansed before I get hungry for the same type of game again. I probably will pick up AC3 sometime though as I have been hankering for a stealth-based game lately.

• Options
    DidactDidact Registered User regular
    Technically, he wouldn't be an assassin unless he's actually killed someone...or has he?

• Options
    ZodiacMunchZodiacMunch Registered User new member
    When can I buy a horsassin t-shirt?

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Horsassins would need to come equipped with dummy riders, flopping about and generating more suspicion than they would assuage.

The dummy rider, which accompanies the horsassin to reduce suspicion? That's you, the player character. He just tricks you into thinking that you're the main character and that he comes at your beck and call. That's how good he is.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I'm not a Madden fan, so a game a year is still too fast for me, I need time for my gaming taste buds to be cleansed before I get hungry for the same type of game again. I probably will pick up AC3 sometime though as I have been hankering for a stealth-based game lately.

I skipped Revelations and wiki'd/youtubed what i missed, so I'm ripe for AC3.

Had to relearn how to do the combat though. I keep trying to Batman guys.