As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft 2] East coast: Heart of the storm

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    poor grubby, flash pressuring him while expanding like it's no thang.

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Now Grubby is down by 50 supply! Flash is a macro beast wtf

• Options
    Ah well, gonna watch San vs Vibe instead. Guessing the current state of ZvP gives vibe a small chance there :P.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Ah well, gonna watch San vs Vibe instead. Guessing the current state of ZvP gives vibe a small chance there :P.

I like how you said that just as Vibe lost 0-2.

• Options
    I didn't notice it was 1-0 for San already!

And getting ads even though I have a gold membership is a pain. Please let me pay 5-10$ to get events ad free <<.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    can someone livereport the games? gotta go do weekly food shopping and will be gone for 30mins orr so

Flash opened 1rax FE, Grubby opened 1gate FE. Grubby didn't see the CC when scouting the ramp and misread the situation, expecting banshees or a hellion drop. It caused him to chrono his gates early and get stalkers, which delayed his tech and probe count by quite a bit. Flash pressured with his first two medivacs, forcing Grubby on the defensive while taking a third behind it. Grubby was going double ups and quick templar tech, which meant that by the time he could move out his third was a minute or two later than Flash's. From that point on Flash just exploited his macro advantage to the fullest, pushed Grubby at 200 supply with a few ghosts (while like 50 supply ahead), and ended the game with some nice EMPs and snipes.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Well that was anti-climactic.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    mmmm Flash makes me feel all warm inside.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    It owns to watch someone who actually has deece mechanics.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    can someone livereport the games? gotta go do weekly food shopping and will be gone for 30mins orr so

Flash opened 1rax FE, Grubby opened 1gate FE. Grubby didn't see the CC when scouting the ramp and misread the situation, expecting banshees or a hellion drop. It caused him to chrono his gates early and get stalkers, which delayed his tech and probe count by quite a bit. Flash pressured with his first two medivacs, forcing Grubby on the defensive while taking a third behind it. Grubby was going double ups and quick templar tech, which meant that by the time he could move out his third was a minute or two later than Flash's. From that point on Flash just exploited his macro advantage to the fullest, pushed Grubby at 200 supply with a few ghosts (while like 50 supply ahead), and ended the game with some nice EMPs and snipes.

Same openings from both. Grubby went for some early 3gate pressure, but Flash was well prepared and Grubby had to pull back after 6ish~ SCV kills. Flash followed up with the same 2 medivac stim timing and straight up killed Grubby.

• Options
    Scarlett is playing? Didn't know that at all...

Steam profile
  • Options
    Scarlett fightinggggggggggggggggggggg

• Options
    Does Scarlett play with one leg propped up on her desk?

Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SACRLETT HWAITINGGGGG

• Options
    edited November 2012
    You know what, fuck it, I'm not editing that.

Axslav sounds exactly like a friend of mine. It's bizarre.

edit: Holy fucking shit Scarlett's creep spread.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Man, Scarlett's Zerg is like an unstoppable disease.

Edit: She's literally got about 90% of the map covered in creep.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    She has creep INSIDE BOMBER'S MAIN at the 14 min. mark on Ohana. 4 queens, no Nydus.

Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    I think she just lost a game she had well in hand because she forgot about 40 lings just hangin out.

• Options
    And then she decides to play for several minutes with 75% of her army idle on the side of the map

sigh :(

Steam profile
  • Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    That and she morphed broodlords over the marines.

Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    geez. throwing games away scarlett

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    She was so far ahead

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    I can't get the blue stream to work at all, anyone else having the same issue?

• Options
    That and she morphed broodlords over the marines.

That would have been a nice plan since they could have popped and almost immediately joined the battle. The marines were so spread out, the Brood Lord support would have won her the game right there.

Unfortunately, since she had no army to slow Bomber's attack (since it was idle on the side of the map), the marines could just walk up there and shoot the morphing Corruptors...

:(

That was just a frustrating game in such a high-level tournament.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Bomber was pretty sick with his marine micro in the beginning of that assault too, fungals were hitting three marines each

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Scarlett Maeve ‏@AcerScarlett

lol :D accidentaly unhotkeyed all my lings and thought they died :/

Such a disappointing way to throw away a game.

• Options
    That must be the most frustrating thing ever for her.

• Options
    chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    Scarlett played very well there.

Where are the huge crowd roars coming from btw? LoL??

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

same problem

• Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Bomber was pretty sick with his marine micro in the beginning of that assault too, fungals were hitting three marines each

Yeah. That's actually kind of why I think the lings and brood lords would have ended that battle decisively, they were just sooo split up in preparation for the fungals.

Steam profile
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

same problem

• Options
    I am literally screaming what the fuck right now.

Scarlett. How did you win that.

• Options
    HOLY SHIT SCARLETT

• Options
    She has like, 11 Queens.

And infinite Infestor energy.

Steam profile
  • Options
    chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    JESUS CHRIST

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • Options
    Wow

Steam profile
  • Options
    Uh, Scarlett just snapped the neck of Bomber. Who was going Mech (you know, the most efficient army ever). While 30 food behind.

WHAT

WHAAAAAAT

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Scarlett.

Sick. Nerd. Baller.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Bomber returned the favour in that game with a huge miscontrol of his army. Awesome play by Scarlett though.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    I want her to play Flash. I want her to play Flash! I WANT HER TO PLAY FLASH!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
This discussion has been closed.