As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Go to new thread

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Speaking of Fatty Goatsteaks, I just did the quest for that hungry dog in the middle of the Valley for the first time last night, and as a tank spec I thought it was worse than the goats. You need 20 meats from those kodo-esque things up in the area where all the Tiller dailies take you. Each one seems to drop 1 or 2, but they are really spread out and not aggressive, so I couldn't ever get enough on me to make AoEing them down efficient. And they do a fucking knockback as well, just to be obnoxious. It was just annoying doing "kill one, fly to the next" over and over.

Fatty Goatsteaks isn't bad for me since I just grind down a pack at a time. I think two packs of 6 or 7 has always gotten me the 4 I need. At least they conveniently group themselves up for me, unlike the other beasts.

Edit:
    there aren't too many obnoxious drop quests in pandaria. Even fatty goatsteaks, the one everybody hates, doesn't usually involve killing more than like, ten goats. And they spawn pretty quick; I usually just sit in once place and I'm done in a few minutes.

although, my standard for 'intolerably awful drop rate quest' was that one in hillsbrad where the drop rate on that dumb venom sac or whatever was like, three percent. Soooo
    Krasarang had a couple "crappy drop rate on spread out mobs" quests. One of them required killing mobs in the water for maximum obnoxiousness.

forty on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    But you only have to ever do that quest once, Fatty Goat Steaks is a daily. I don't remember it being that bad myself.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Raidbots seems to show rogues doing fine...

Warlock82 wrote: »
    But you only have to ever do that quest once, Fatty Goat Steaks is a daily. I don't remember it being that bad myself.
    Ah, I didn't know that was a one time quest. Do you even have to do it, then? I just noticed it for the first time flying from Halfhill to the Daily Mesa. My only reward for it was the standard 360ish Tiller rep like everything else. Does it unlock anything?

Like I said, as a tank it was definitely a worse quest than FGS. I'm sure DPS specs have a different experience.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    It unlocks your farm having a dog on it. Like the other animals you can unlock it does nothing..... Yet.

Rogues that would show up on those websites have reached the gear levels I was talking about

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    It unlocks your farm having a dog on it. Like the other animals you can unlock it does nothing..... Yet.
    Wait, so my farm will have that dog on it now? What other one-shot quests are scattered about like that?
    Rogues that would show up on those websites have reached the gear levels I was talking about
    Even a month ago, ass/combat weren't near the bottom. I don't think people were normal raid+ geared back then. Also, if I turn off top 100, they still seem to be doing fine. Even in LFR they seem to be keeping up with the pack.

edited November 2012
    Yeah, you get that dog. That is the only one as far as I know. Rest of the farm stuff comes from being friends w/ everyone.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I believe in later patches, stuff like Chee Chee's sheep will let you get meat.

Right now, I think the drunk and whoever puts that stove on your farm are worthwhile. Why can't I befriend the seed vendor?

YL9WnCY.png
    edited November 2012
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I believe in later patches, stuff like Chee Chee's sheep will let you get meat.

Right now, I think the drunk and whoever puts that stove on your farm are worthwhile. Why can't I befriend the seed vendor?

One of them (I think Gina, the one that is actually the rep vendor) adds a mailbox to your farm which is super nice.

Warlock82 on
    Eh, I'm an engineer, so I got the porta-mailbox if I need a mailbox RIGHT NOW.

YL9WnCY.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

The chickens can be picked up if you get hillpaws daily to find his prized chicken. They respawn after awhile, and you usually won't find it by the time the initial ones are gone, but they do work.

And for people who haven't figured it out yet, for that chicken quest, you can just click off the buff that a 'wrong' chicken gives you instead of doing whatever it asked you to. Makes it much faster.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited November 2012

The chickens can be picked up if you get hillpaws daily to find his prized chicken. They respawn after awhile, and you usually won't find it by the time the initial ones are gone, but they do work.

And for people who haven't figured it out yet, for that chicken quest, you can just click off the buff that a 'wrong' chicken gives you instead of doing whatever it asked you to. Makes it much faster.

Except if you get the ones you have to dunk in water, it only works on water at Hillpaw's farm -_-

I thought I tried clicking off the buff and it didn't work, but maybe I'm wrong.

Warlock82 on
    edited November 2012
    Definitely wrong. You just click it off, regardless of what it is, and move on to the next chicken. EDIT: I won't be surprised if that ends up as a debuff before long, instead of a buff. Can't have any means of making tedious dailies any less tedious. Nope nope nope.

The Dude With Herpes on

That daily isn't that bad, and revealing the marmot is always adorable.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited November 2012
    It's usually not bad, no. But like that damn frog one back in WotLK, you occasionally get days where you go through literally dozens of chickens before finally getting the real one. If I couldn't click off the buff on those days. Ugh.

Incidentally those days usually happen the same days that I get 9 occupied soils, 6 alluring, and 5 wriggling plants. Because fuck me in the ass.

EDIT: I wonder if you could set up a buff cancelling macro. Is that possible?

The Dude With Herpes on

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Sabre: That's honestly the first time I've seen the effect for Paralysis, as in I've never seen a monk use their CC before. It does look like the sort of thing you should attack first rather than something that's keeping the mob from moving. Maybe if the mob was in a cowering position and/or completely still (assuming they aren't already) it'd be more obvious?

Anyway, there's about three dailies that I know of that have you using something when you can just do the task with attacks. The first is the marmot daily: leave the area for a bit so a bunch amass, come back, and aoe down the marmots that have gathered. The other two are the fishing dailies that use a spear for killing the pufferfish and armored carp: you can just kill them rather than using the spear.

And there was /cancelaura for buff cancelling but I don't know if it's still in the game.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So from the latest patch notes...
    Brawler's Guild
    Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house or by invitation from somebody within the guild.

Um, what.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Wow.

That's.

There are no words.

That's almost impressive about how incredibly stupid and/or inept that is.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    That's one way to address the "one at a time" problem I guess.

liEt3nH.png
    A completely self inflicted problem, I should add.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Look if you cut your leg you might as well just amputate

liEt3nH.png
    edited November 2012
    The upstairs neighbors are giving me a headache.

I should probably find a guillotine.

EDIT: For me :lol: That sounded vaguely homicidal.

The Dude With Herpes on

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Honestly it being hard to get into still doesn't bother me as much as the one at a time thing.

Granted putting it on the BMAH is a special kind of stupid.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Depending on how many invites you can send out, you can just buy an invite with a group of people and chain invite. Dumb, but not doable.

Magus` wrote: »
    Depending on how many invites you can send out, you can just buy an invite with a group of people and chain invite. Dumb, but not doable.

I can already see the 'top' guilds on any given server financing high prices for the initial invites via the BMAH (because if it holds the usual BMAH rules, it'll have a minimum buy-in of 10k effectively keeping it out of the hands of your average player), keeping them hostage from the rest of the playerbase.

It's completely idiotic that invites will come from either an extremely steep price or the 'benevolence' of whoever can happen to afford it.

I mean, it's fairly clear that this is intended to stagger the invites so as to make their completely fucktarded decision to only let one person at a time do it less obvious. But this has just as many problems as that does, and the whole fucking thing is a fiasco.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    it seems like if you need to gate content in this kind of way there's a problem with the content

Has anyone tried it on the PTR? I'm curious if there's a default time limit on 'brawls' or if we can expect people to take it hostage for hours on end.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I uh, I would hope that the Brawler's Guild Invitation is at the very least account bound. If I have to buy a pass for EVERY alt I have... Man, I just don't even. This is not a good decision, and I hope they revert it.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    I'm really confused by all of it honestly. Did they just hire some old school EQ devs that have been living in a cave for the past decade?

Dibby wrote: »
    I uh, I would hope that the Brawler's Guild Invitation is at the very least account bound. If I have to buy a pass for EVERY alt I have... Man, I just don't even. This is not a good decision, and I hope they revert it.
    If a person that has the invite can invite other people, then you need one person in your guild to chain invites to people.

I'm sure some people will try to make a profit off selling invites to others, but you just need one AH Baron in your guild to cover you.

YL9WnCY.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Sabre: That's honestly the first time I've seen the effect for Paralysis, as in I've never seen a monk use their CC before. It does look like the sort of thing you should attack first rather than something that's keeping the mob from moving. Maybe if the mob was in a cowering position and/or completely still (assuming they aren't already) it'd be more obvious?

It does completely freeze them in place, with a bit of a sap-looking effect whirling over their heads. Also, unless you talent into it at level 60, it's a melee-range-only ability. Taking the talent increases its range to 20 yards, so it acts more like Repentance.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    PvPers should the hell know what it looks like, lol.

20 yard sap that can be used in combat is pretty sweet for CC at any level.

When I was in Heroic Mogushan Palace you get the second to last boss and I always say "I can sap that dude." They go "No you can't you're a monk." *PULL*
    Sometimes when they let me it doesn't matter because some DK inevitably tries to deathgrip or something of that nature.

I've been gearing up my Frost Mage and I gotta say, that class is buggy as hell right now. I hope Blizzard takes a look soon because they have been there for a while and I still don't see the issues on their known bug list.

P.S. Fuck dailies on 4 level 90s. Blizzard are assholes.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    I haven't even bothered to do dailies on any character other than my hunter. Even then only Tillers, Anglers and Cloud Serpent. And the Anglers only for the mount even their fishing pole is worse than the one I got from the walrus people (anglers should be +30, water breathing and an on use water walking buff).

I would honestly never do them if it wasn't for leveling professions. Valor gear is nice and what-not but i'm not in that big of a hurry to raid. It's burning me out pretty quick to manage everything.

Log in, do 4 of the same dailies back to back, Raid Locked, LFR Locked, Daily Capped, Uh... not much else to do progression wise. It's a pretty shitty gating system right now. I might just let my sub run out at the end of the month and give it a few months to make some changes, let 5.1 come out.

Although the Brawlers guild isn't gonna be so easy to get to with 5.1 - apparently the invitations show up in the BMAH and only people in your guild can invite you if they have one themselves. Seems like that isn't going to end well for the majority of players lol.

• HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Do macros now allow referencing roles in raids/dungeons? Like, can I make a macro to automatically shoot a Lightning Bolt at the tank's current target, without having to focus the tank at the start of every instance? Not a major issue, but it would be convenient for purposes of Telluric Currents/Judgements when healing on my shaman/pally.

Role ID's are protected and as such we don't have access to user them.

Best thing you can do is write a macro that targets your focus.

*Enter dungeon*
    *Set focus on Tank*
    /target [@focustarget, harm, nodead]
    /cast SPELL NAME

It's really that simple, but there is no 'automated' way to select the tanks role itself and pewpew its target. Intentional limitations of the macro system.

Those bitches.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    How do you heal? Do you target the tank to heal him? Then you can just
    /cast [@targettarget, harm, nodead] Lightning Bolt

HallowedFaith's macro is kinda clunky because it would always target the mob you cast on.

On the other hand, just get Clique or mouseover macros and heal without targeting the tank, so you can just target the mobs like normal. Also helps with interrupts.

Yeah, when I'm PvE healing it's mostly just hovering over people in the party menu and casting. I'm basically just being a crybaby and wanting to avoid one extra step and not having to /focus the tank at the beginning of a 5-man.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Watch, Blizzard will combine Brawler's Guild with CRZ. When they say one person at a time, they mean that literally.

This discussion has been closed.