As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Swapnote: Friend Codes Go Here. Updated for August.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    So I got a promotional swap note the other day for one of the new eshop games.

Then the next time I went to play with miis he had apparently joined my group but he didn't have any heroes or puzzle pieces. Is it normal for promo people to just join my miis?

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Yeah, it happens from time to time. Reggie has shown up and some other guy has shown up in the past.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I got Nate, whoever he is

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That would be Nate Bihldorff of Nintendo Treehouse fame.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Looks like this thread is missing the Bravely Default and the Sticker Star Stationaries.

I have them both.
    7XNGf.png
    20121026222906.jpg

And I just got Pokemon Black/White 2 today from Spyke! Can't find an image of it online though.

If you get the chance send those two out to King Sheet and my collection will be complete.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    Looks like this thread is missing the Bravely Default and the Sticker Star Stationaries.

I have them both.
    7XNGf.png
    20121026222906.jpg

And I just got Pokemon Black/White 2 today from Spyke! Can't find an image of it online though.

If you get the chance send those two out to King Sheet and my collection will be complete.

Sent

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    So I got a promotional swap note the other day for one of the new eshop games.

Then the next time I went to play with miis he had apparently joined my group but he didn't have any heroes or puzzle pieces. Is it normal for promo people to just join my miis?

Hey @initiatefailure , check the date on your system. I think you're in October. :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Anybody get the Pokemon B&W2 swapnote stationary?

swapnote1.jpg

swapnote2.jpg

swapnote3.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »
    Anybody get the Pokemon B&W2 swapnote stationary?

swapnote1.jpg

swapnote2.jpg

swapnote3.jpg

I've received the first (not from Nintendo) but I have not received the other two yet.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited November 2012
    Hmm you were right. It didn't change months automatically... Or I had had it set to 09 before that.

How'd you you my date was wrong?

initiatefailure on
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I have the first and one of the Genesect ones but not the third.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    I missing all three. Someone send 'em out! :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited November 2012
    Hmm you were right. It didn't change months automatically... Or I had had it set to 09 before that.

How'd you you my date was wrong?

Your swapnotes were coming in with a date from last month. :)

I just got the first Pokemon and the second (blue background) Genesect and Seth says "Hello, Pokemon White version 2 players."

Anyone get the Black Genesect swapnote stationery? I wonder if you can't have both.

Edit: MNC, I've sent out both today, check and see if they are there.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I got the "Black 2" version thanks to Tom and passed it on to the people on my friends list.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I don't think I can save those yet. The last thing I unlocked was the ability to add recordings and spend coins but only on music.

I feel bad about spamming though

I don't think I can save those yet. The last thing I unlocked was the ability to add recordings and spend coins but only on music.

I feel bad about spamming though

Don't feel bad about spamming. Turn it into a fun and interesting story told in 4 page pieces. Keep the fans eagerly awaiting the next note!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    If you make it one or two notes per day, you'll unlock everything pretty quickly and nobody will really get bothered. Unless they don't check their swapnote once a week. But they should check it more often than that because Swapnote is awesome.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    i am now friends with Nick!

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Man it's been forever since I added people to my friends list.

@initiatefailure, I add you!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    So I'm new to this whole 3ds world but swapping notes appears to be a thing.

Be gentle.
    3840-5210-2008

@initiatefailure, added you!

• DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Alrighty , finally added the people I was missing from the last few pages of the thread. Currently sitting at 59/92 registered friends. I'll have to muster the energy to figure out who hasn't added me back now.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
    Wow. Hope I'm not one of them. I have 100 registered and I want to add more, but I have no idea how to tell who is active and who isn't, let alone who is who since PA name isn't 3DS name for many.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I'm pretty sure I added back everyone who added me.

Also I can get promo stationary now! I went back though old messages and claimed ones I'd been sent previously but anything else is welcome

edited November 2012
    Prepare for a flood. :P

Edit: Rick, right?

edit2: Done, I think. You should have like 33 or so extras after the ones that came with Swapnote you have to buy with play coins. Internet sharing on my phone was the best thing that ever happened to my 3DS. Course, my battery is down to 25% now...

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • PhoenixDownerPhoenixDowner Registered User regular
    I don't have any online games but would like some friend codes to swap Swapnotes with. Please be over 18 years old because I'm an adult and would prefer to communicate with adults.

Friend Code:
    0791-1020-3656

• PhoenixDownerPhoenixDowner Registered User regular
    Let me know if you've added me so I can add you too.
    I don't have any online games but would like some friend codes to swap Swapnotes with. Please be over 18 years old because I'm an adult and would prefer to communicate with adults.

Friend Code:
    0791-1020-3656

• NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Friend Code:
    0791-1020-3656

I'll add you.

Does anyone have any good stationery to trade? I have two for Denpa Ningen 2 and one for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

|EDIT| I guess I'd like to be added to the friend code list as well.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
    Nibble wrote: »

Friend Code:
    0791-1020-3656

I'll add you.

Does anyone have any good stationery to trade? I have two for Denpa Ningen 2 and one for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Are we friends yet? If not, I'll add you. I believe (I could be wrong) that I have every stationery you can get. There are two with regional conflicts though:
    Art Academy (Japan got one with the text in Japanese - once you have received one or the other you cannot get the other)
    Crashmo/FallBlox (Europe got one with FallBlox because that is what it is named there, NA got one with Crashmo - they look identical except for the text) I have both, kinda. I received the FallBlox one and sent it out, but then when I received the Crashmo one it overwrote my FallBlox. I can still send FallBlox though by editing the one I sent previously and I set it as favorite so I won't lose it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • NibbleNibble Registered User regular

Friend Code:
    0791-1020-3656

I'll add you.

Are we friends yet? If not, I'll add you. I believe (I could be wrong) that I have every stationery you can get. There are two with regional conflicts though:
    Art Academy (Japan got one with the text in Japanese - once you have received one or the other you cannot get the other)
    Crashmo/FallBlox (Europe got one with FallBlox because that is what it is named there, NA got one with Crashmo - they look identical except for the text) I have both, kinda. I received the FallBlox one and sent it out, but then when I received the Crashmo one it overwrote my FallBlox. I can still send FallBlox though by editing the one I sent previously and I set it as favorite so I won't lose it.

I have your friend code in my list, but you haven't added mine. It's pretty impressive that you've managed to collect all stationery. I thought you could only get some if you owned the game or had played the demo, which would be impossible for some games not out in your region.

sig.php?id=178
    edited December 2012

Friend Code:
    0791-1020-3656

I'll add you.

I have your friend code in my list, but you haven't added mine. It's pretty impressive that you've managed to collect all stationery. I thought you could only get some if you owned the game or had played the demo, which would be impossible for some games not out in your region.

Sorry about that, I try to add whoever adds me but missed ya. I'll send over what I have.

edit: Check your swapnote. Then manually check it a time or two more. You should have 30ish messages.

None of the stationery that I am aware of come with a game. They are all sent via spotpass to all registered 3DS units that are connected to the network. You can miss a message if you don't connect to the internet within so many days of them releasing the swapnote I believe, but other than that if you keep it connected once a day it should get them all. They are released regionally, but if you receive a swapnote you save it for future use, even if you receive it from other users and not Nintendo. That's how I ended up with Japanese and European stationery as well.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    So I just got my 3DS. Is a letter you send through streetpass sent to everyone like normal streetpass hits or does it still only go to registered friend list people (because that seems rather pointless)?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Rami wrote: »
    So I just got my 3DS. Is a letter you send through streetpass sent to everyone like normal streetpass hits or does it still only go to registered friend list people (because that seems rather pointless)?

You're confusing Streetpass with Spotpass. It's sent to whoever you choose to send it to, usually everyone on your friends list.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    No..there's definitely a send through streetpass option on my version. It has an icon of a notepad with legs rather than the envelope with wings.

sig.gif
    I guess I've just never used that option O_o

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it only sends notes to friends to prevent people from sending dicks to random strangers.

RockinX wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it only sends notes to friends to prevent people from sending dicks to random strangers.

Those are the best dicks though. 8->

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I need that Bravely Default one man. Stat.

So I assume I have to send a bunch of notes in order to unlock stuff like more backgrounds or whatever. Do you ever get a way to choose the depth of each image/word? I noticed in the introduction notes some of the words had more 3D effect applied to them than others.

At any rate here is my FC for the list 2637-9461-8549

sig.gif
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    We did so much swapnoting this time last year. Some of y'all are good artists.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited December 2012
    Streetpass Swapnotes are only sent to those people you are friends with. Not everyone you Streetpass, unfortunately.

You will unlock multiple features by sending notes (3D writing - basically flat or raised, photos, sound, stationery, and timed) to people. Friend Enemis as he is a great artist and is running a swapnote anime/manga!

@joshgotro : One Bravely Default stationery coming up!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png