As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Perfect Storm]y Weather

12346»

• BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    So my family finally figured out that our router just happened to have broken halfway through the storm (we'd been getting "local only"). I am now plugged into the modem, but am fairly secure. My paternal grandmother is MIA, which had my mother in good spirits until my dad told her that her wanted to drive down to Long Beach to check if her fifth floor apartment had flooded.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    D:
    Keep us posted on her.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if bloombergs carpool decree affects the Harlem river bridges?

Is this a good place to attempt to get a carpool together?

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    2 days without power in Smithtown, LI. Finally got a cell signal out this morning and drove west to the folks' house in Nassau.

Things I've learned: I would eat a bullet inside a week of any legit post-apocalyptic scenario. I cannot live without electricity.

LOL, my parents are in Kings Park. Their house has no power, but the neighbors across the street do. They ran a god-knows-how-long-extension cord across the street so they can keep the fridge on.

They say it's going to be down for another week!

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Here is a pic of where I used to live in Milford, CT. Note: this is 6 hours before the serious part of the storm made landfall in Connecticut.
    0zBG1.jpg

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Sixth day of rain in a row. I need sun vitamins. Although I do count myself extremely lucky that this is pretty much the only weather-related complaint I have at the moment. My family in New Hampshire just got their power back today, after four days of not. D:

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    2 days without power in Smithtown, LI. Finally got a cell signal out this morning and drove west to the folks' house in Nassau.

Things I've learned: I would eat a bullet inside a week of any legit post-apocalyptic scenario. I cannot live without electricity.

LOL, my parents are in Kings Park. Their house has no power, but the neighbors across the street do. They ran a god-knows-how-long-extension cord across the street so they can keep the fridge on.

They say it's going to be down for another week!

Yeah it's godawful. Something like 75% of LI is still dark. We're incredibly lucky in that the house is less than a mile from a LIPA substation. Only lost power for 45 minutes during Irene and maybe 4 hours during the blackout in 03. Half the town is still out though. Now we're in water conservation mode because the sewage plant that handles 40% of the county in in danger of backing up.

Driving around yesterday; there are so many trees down it's almost impossible to clear them all. One had fallen across a side street and was so massive they just cut a car-sized section out of the middle and left the ends for later. 20 feet down the street, an even bigger sumbitch is down. Cuts have been started to carve out another section in the center but it's abandoned.

Gas is becoming scarce because the Coast Guard still has the island's ports shut down and nothing can come in. What stations actually have power have lines up to 90 minutes long with people filling cars and generators. Was at a supermarket yesterday on generator power - no frozen or refrigerated goods at all. It's almost like a third world country. When you look at the devastation along the south shore, it's like a war zone.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Okay, I take it back.

I have relatives in New Jersey and have been encouraged by the way Governor Christie has refused to politicize the disaster or pretend that President Obama's response to it has been anything but stellar.

Hats off, size 55 pants off, and all that, for demonstrating genuine care for the people of New Jersey.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Okay, I take it back.

I have relatives in New Jersey and have been encouraged by the way Governor Christie has refused to politicize the disaster or pretend that President Obama's response to it has been anything but stellar.

Hats off, size 55 pants off, and all that, for demonstrating genuine care for the people of New Jersey.

I am not the biggest fan of his politics, but the guy does take his job seriously, and right now this is not a bad thing.

His twitter feed has actually been informative, and at times emotional. Guy is handling this exactly right.

I still hope Booker beats him in the next Gov. election, but right now? He's alright in my book.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    D:
    Keep us posted on her.

She's fine. Somehow didn't know that the phone lines being busy meant trying again later instead of giving up. She also decided to stay in a single story house instead of her apartment, and neglected to call my uncle to tell him my dad had picked her up. We got word she was okay while my dad was en rout, and he decided to bring her up, possible without consulting her.
    Needless to say, my mom's pissed

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    nexus? you're in JC right?
    I'm scheduled come back next week, is the entire town still underwater? What are the chances my place will have power?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This photo is incredible and weird.

nymagcvr121105_710.jpg

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Beautiful and terrifying all in one photo...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I love photos like that. "Puny Humans, Nature cares not for your bullshit!"

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I you had s good pair of legs it wasn't so bad

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Uh, what?

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Uh, what?

You can walk to where the power is if you have the legs for it.