As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 Attendees Map AND Where You're From Discussion

• Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    added data a few days ago.

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Updated!

Added:
    JerYnkFan
    kevindoc
    SpectacledBear
    GamerPopJeff
    AsmodeusLore
    P.D.B. Fishsticks
    ransim
    IronySparkles
    Spykmo
    nsane
    blAAAm!!!
    Castain
    Jasujo
    PurpleBek
    stardust462
    hyperion098
    Kilonum
    laivindil
    UNHMAN
    ddrussianinja
    bushwick2002
    rubykavalier
    Epwna
    JimmyWild
    Mr Heist
    rileyper
    Frugus
    shadowfae
    jonoseel
    Reverend Snide
    taumeson
    MeggoWaffles
    marcmann2
    H2OCakeisalie
    kaleedity
    deminan
    waterbottles

People were added to: AL, CT, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, Ontario, Quebec, The UK, and Australia

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Reverend Snide at 9,729.29 miles

• Options
    Also, it appears that http://www.getlatlon.com/ is back up

• Options
    EpwnaEpwna Registered User new member
    Hooray thanks :)

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Submitted - Mansfield Township, NJ

Flying there because I am to lazy to drive. 3 Day Pass, BYOC - Third Year Going - First Year with 3 Day. Now entertain me.

• Options
    lfarenlfaren Registered User new member
    I submitted from Lancaster, PA. Haven't been to PAX since the first PAX East at the old location. Looking forward to it this year! I think I'm taking the train up with a group of friends but flying back Sunday night.

• Options
    violetvoltagevioletvoltage Registered User regular
    I'm new to the forums-not to pax east though, i always feel like i'm missing out on part of the event by not getting to know people around, submitted my location, would love to meet fellow paxers around :)

• Options
    DakkorieDakkorie Registered User new member
    Submitted. never really done the forum participation but I'm definitely hoping to get more involved with the community around this event

• Options
    DrMapleDrMaple Registered User new member
    Submitted mine. Hope to see more Vermonters heading down.

• Options
    AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the "PA forum handle"?

• Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the "PA forum handle"?

These are the PA forums. Your handle is your handle, AstralMuffin.

• Options
    ToddEvfToddEvf Insanity Chamber Studio, SCRegistered User regular
    Submitted for South Carolina. Good to see someone else had checked in from there as well.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    TurnedtoGoldTurnedtoGold PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Swae wrote: »
    Added! Glad to see lots of Pittsburgh folks - perhaps a pre-PAX meetup is in order!

I haven't seen a Pittsburgh/Western PA meet-up thread yet. I'll keep searching, just in case. There's a lot of us from Western PA, we should have a pre-PAX meet-up!

• Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    Added! Glad to see lots of Pittsburgh folks - perhaps a pre-PAX meetup is in order!

I haven't seen a Pittsburgh/Western PA meet-up thread yet. I'll keep searching, just in case. There's a lot of us from Western PA, we should have a pre-PAX meet-up!

I'm in Ohio but only 55 min from downtown Pgh. Meeting sounds like a good idea. I'm also a member of Pittsburgh geekdom but haven't been able to participate in any of their events.

• Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Since the idea of meeting in the Pittsburgh area seems to have some support, I went ahead and started a thread about it.

Thanks for mentioning Pittsburgh Geekdom, melzway. I looked it up and I think I might have to join.

• Options
    wolfsblood101wolfsblood101 Registered User regular
    submitted, see you all there.

Hotel [X] Travel [X] 3 Days of badges[X] Crew[X] ITS ON!
  • Options
    Raughn wrote: »
    Since the idea of meeting in the Pittsburgh area seems to have some support, I went ahead and started a thread about it.

Thanks for mentioning Pittsburgh Geekdom, melzway. I looked it up and I think I might have to join.

This is also relevant http://www.gaspgamer.com/

• Options
    kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    just tossed mine in, from NY, see you folks there!

kohanai on
  • Options
    Updated!

Added:
    xipetotec
    Arthur1976
    lfaren
    QuantumShaddow
    Dolarrah
    altruisticHeathen
    violetvoltage
    lutra_canadensis
    Halfazedninja
    J-Wu
    Capeguy
    Goose!
    Enolamron
    PeasantDave
    DrMaple
    ToddEvf
    AstralMuffin
    TurnedtoGold
    Crispy262
    Wolfsblood101
    Psychopez
    pr0fes0rka0s
    purplefish12
    Kohanai

Processed updates from:
    rileyper

People were added to: IL, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, SC, VA, VT, WI, British Columbia, Quebec, and Argentina

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Nyc people, lets bus up!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I can't find "Mushroom Kingdom" on the map.

:(

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    EthrinilEthrinil Registered User regular
    Submitted. Can't wait.

• Options
    Updated!

Added:
    MagneticImage
    a.sabot
    thedandmom
    MrPayneTrayne
    SynthetiKat
    dyaballikl
    Twiminy
    KiloGex
    Scrattatat
    reverend_tobias
    Fox 9091
    DaPunisher416
    WolfBro87
    Ethrinil
    SlaughterBeast
    BFitz310
    sawta

People were added to: FL, GA, KY, MA, MI, NC, NY, RI, VA, WA, and Ontario

• Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Posted! :)

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    TwiminyTwiminy Registered User regular
    Fun! I was waiting for this to update because I wanted a reminder of what I wrote on it and It's still true and made me laugh.

• Options
    Mr UppercutMr Uppercut Registered User regular
    Just put in mine. Lets see if their is anybody close to me.

• Options
    thebeav814thebeav814 Northwest PennsylaniaRegistered User regular
    Whats up guys! Can't wait to see you @ PAX East!!! I'm from Titusville, PA.... very small town in NWPA! Star Wars fanatic and all around gamer!!! Form submitted!! Cya'll soon!!! Not soon enough!

thebeav814.jpg
  • Options
    thebeav814thebeav814 Northwest PennsylaniaRegistered User regular

I'm from NWPA! Please let me know if this happens! That would be super rad!!!

thebeav814.jpg
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Submitted. And someone else is from Bethlehem! Nice to know I'm not the only one. :)

• Options
    thebeav814 wrote: »

I'm from NWPA! Please let me know if this happens! That would be super rad!!!

This turned into this meetup:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/169161/pittsburgh-area-meet-up-latitude-40-janfeb

On another note, I used to drive through Titusville all the time on the way to flyfish in Tionesta. Titusville was always my breakfast spot, since my father and I were up so early to fish... there was that donut shop in the middle of town just a little ways down from where the road splits into one way (coming from the north) before you get to the "city" buildings. They had great coffee.

• Options
    nbcaffeinenbcaffeine Registered User regular
    Signed up, traveling from what is apparently know as "Hoth" with Moocifer and gang. Didn't think it was that bad, though my town did finish second in "America's Toughest Weather City" on the weather channel's website last year. Bradford got 3x as many votes as people live in the town, somehow.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/americas-toughest-weather-city-champion_2011-03-31

Getting out of Northwest PA and traveling to sunny... Boston. Can't wait!

• Options
    VertigoVertigo Registered User regular
    Submitted for Southern Oregon.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Submitted from Asheville, NC!

Driving the 14 hours there with 3 friends while rocking to Disney and Video Game music.
    :D

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    metdennmetdenn Registered User regular
    Submitted. Coming in from Long Island, where I was without power for about 8 days. BUT PAX!

• Options
    KuzonKuzon Registered User regular
    I submitted mine a week or two ago and don't see it. Did I do something wrong. If so, I don't mind submitting again. :)

• Options
    KuzonKuzon Registered User regular
    DrMaple wrote: »
    Submitted mine. Hope to see more Vermonters heading down.

I would like to see more Vermonter's going as well!

• Options
    You'll only see updates to the map after I post an update. If you submitted after my last update post in this thread, it won't be there yet.

• Options
    nimrodblacknimrodblack High Council of Useless Knowledge BostonishRegistered User regular
    Submitted. I am so glad this happens in my stomping ground.

PAX East 2013: 3Day Badge and Local to Boston
  • Options
    BeastybunnyBeastybunny San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Just submitted. Looks like I am the only Californian coming at this point.

• Options
    Just submitted. Looks like I am the only Californian coming at this point.

Heh, I sincerely doubt that :) The folks that submit to the map are a small cross section of those that are on the forums, and those that are on the forums are a small cross section of the people that attend PAX.