My name is Blake Davis, and I am an independent developer who has made a game called beem.beem
is a puzzle game based around directing a beam of light through targets and around obstacles to power a mysterious machine called the light engine. You can reflect, filter, and split light with a toolbox of mirrors, prisms, and crystal shards.
so whats the big deal?
* a beam of light follows laws of optical physics. light can be reflected at arbitrary angles, you can place a mirror anywhere you want, you can filter and split colors out of white light, you can go nuts with the reflections.
* character is important to me in games I like to play, and I tried to instill my own style in two ways:
* a creature called the gremlin helps the player along and guides them through the story as the player discovers secrets about the light engine. In short, he's a smartass who can't spell.
* created all the art, music, and sound effects, to make a mysterious and ominous mood.
* it was built for touch - it feels great, you can use one or two fingers to unscrew, ratchet, and fine tune.
* i released it aiming to make major content updates based on player feedback, and so far its been a blast!
i play a lot of games, and I wanted to create something new that puzzle fans would like.
its on the appstore now for for iPhone and iPad for $0.99 and there's a free lite version for your demoing pleasure!
appstore link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beem/id524301680?mt=8&uo=4
This forum has taken everything from me
This hurts but I deserve it