As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• jinkumabutajinkumabuta Registered User regular
    Man, first contact with basilisks was part of what made me fall in love with tera back in the beta.
    Wait til you stab that world boss in valley of the titans that looks like a monolithic seven-dimensional asshole or the giant blue sumos sitting peacefully on the plains begging you to go poke them with a stick, or toss a bomb at the massive hermit crab minding its own business on its cove near the beach... So many challenges and that's not even half of the first continent.

Thebog, what's your ign? Even with trial accounts, you can talk to people as long as they add you to their friend list.

• TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I found that out after a nice Elin lancer helped me down like 5 basilisks. I can /party chat.

My name is Svarkit. I'd love to add some PA folks. I think I've just come up to my first dungeon experience and may need some assistance.

<edit> Also, I just discovered that I can modify abilities with glyphs. Any slayers out there got recommendations? Are glyphs permanent? Can I "retrain" later down the road?

TheBog on
  • MaywindMaywind Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Here's a slayer guide with glyph recommendations: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/classes/topics/Guide-TsubakiHibinos-Slayer-guide--20519 . Some of the information is outdated or translated differently from the official NA game, but the glyph part should be pretty good.

Glyphs are permanent as long as you don't reset them. If you feel like changing glyphs at any point, simply go to the glyph NPC in any of the 3 capital cities (Velika, Allemantheia, Kaiator) for your class and reset your glyphs.

Maywind on
    Steam: Maywind
    Tera: Cutie, Cutiepie on Tempest Reach
    How do I find WANG members? I don't think the guild channel exists anymore. And even if it did, I don't know if I'd be able to chat in one given my trial "no chatting outside of parties" status.

Can you join a guild while on the trial account? Best way is probably to just join WANG.

edited October 2012
    Ran BOL. Joined guild. Smacked a big ol' golem around. Rocked out with my BOLs out. Reached max level for 7 day trial. :C
    elinryan.jpg

TheBog on
    edited October 2012
    Play a different class and race! Might as well try something different and see how you like it. :D

Maywind on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    That elin looks mighty disappointed.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    The latest patch supposedly increased enchanting rates. If you spend a little time in game there are nearly constant announcements of items reaching +9. I attempted to reach +10 on my masterworked weapon. Spent 5k gold on the alkahest and a couple more gold tier 13 weapons and then proceeded to fail 12 attempts.

F you too TERA.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • GinpachiGinpachi Registered User regular
    iOZjSXCWCLCoo.png

8-)

Now to figure out Endgame.

• BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Grats! I got distracted in my 40's and haven't been on in awhile :rotate:

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    I got my axe and bow to +9 but now I'm not sure if I should enchant my t13 armor or just run nexuses and try to get t14 armor that way.

Ginpachi wrote: »
    iOZjSXCWCLCoo.png

8-)

Now to figure out Endgame.

Congrats! \o/

Since t13 enigs have plummeted in price, I'd just get those and enchant them to +6. This allows you to run most of the endgame dungeons except for the hardest like ACHM and MCNM/HM. Then, run Nexus for t14 enig armor drops and Nexus credits to get your t14 enig weapon.
    Arcas wrote: »
    I got my axe and bow to +9 but now I'm not sure if I should enchant my t13 armor or just run nexuses and try to get t14 armor that way.

What enchant level is your t13 armor? If it's at +6 for all the pieces, I'd just run Nexus and try to get t14 enig drops. Though t14 enig leather doesn't like to drop in Nexus Traverse for some weird reason. It's mostly t14 enig plate and cloth that drop in our guild runs.

And for all of you guys thinking about running Nexus Traverse with the guild, be sure to sign up on the guild website for the raids to get a guaranteed spot.

http://weareniceguys.guildlaunch.com

Congrats Ginpachi!

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Congrats Ginpachi!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    So guys I started this trial yesterday and I made a Priest

it's alright but I feel like the Priest isn't representative of all the great things I am hearing about combat in this game

confirm/deny?

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Confirm.

Slayers/warriors are the best representations of TERA and how combat should probably be in nowadays-MMOs. I lean towards Slayers.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    edited October 2012
    Jasconius wrote: »
    So guys I started this trial yesterday and I made a Priest

it's alright but I feel like the Priest isn't representative of all the great things I am hearing about combat in this game

confirm/deny?

What level is your priest? Have you healed your first dungeon yet? Priest combat only shines in groups when healing party members. It's my favorite class in the game due to the super fun healing mechanics. In contrast, priest soloing is a snooze fest.

Maywind on
    I am only level 8. I'll be duo-ing with a slayer, my roommate

Get to level 20 and heal for a party in Bastion of Lok (the first dungeon you'll encounter). I enjoyed my experience when I did it. :)

How much more or less effective is the Mystic as a party healer?

edited October 2012
    You'll find very few mystics at endgame.

While everyone loves their crit rate and mana auras, the class is quite a bit underpowered in terms of healing power. There are currently 2 endgame dungeons where it's almost impossible for the mystic to heal (Kelsaik's Nest and Manaya's Core). Generally, it takes a lot more effort and skill to play a mystic well enough to be on par with a mediocre priest.

Mystics also have the lowest dps in the game. Leveling up a mystic to 60 is (almost) an exercise in masochism.

Maywind on
    I decided to stick with the Priest since I'm not going to have time to get anyone else to level 20 in my 1 week trial

Once you hit level 14 it gets a lot better

though I'm not sure why almost all of my abilities are melee range

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    The mystic class has heals, crowd control and pets. On paper it looks fantastic. In actual play, especially at level 60 it is about as fun as eating broken glass.

They can heal some content, but can't regenerate mana effectively, and do little damage.

Works out well with a party that doesn't need much healing and is looking for the support to avoid downtime.

My main was a mystic, rerolled to a warrior.
    One of everything: 60 mystic, 60 warrior, 52 sorcerer, 47 slayer, 38 lancer, 26 berserker, 26 priest, 24 archer

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • GinpachiGinpachi Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    http://raptr.com

Just so you guys know, if you sign up for raptr and accumulate about 4 hours or so of gameplay in TERA before November 16th, you'll get this hat.

apple-hat-2.jpg

Comes in red as well!

Ginpachi on
    I decided to stick with the Priest since I'm not going to have time to get anyone else to level 20 in my 1 week trial

Once you hit level 14 it gets a lot better

though I'm not sure why almost all of my abilities are melee range

Yeah, priest's most heavy-hitting dps skills are melee. The class is actually incredibly hardy and can just facetank most normal mobs when grinding out quests. The majority of the priest's healing/support skills are range though.

I got to level 20 and entered a dungeon

and then died to the first boss, and all the loot was rolled on while I was dead because you can't click on "roll" when you are dead

which was unpleasant

what is with that

and then died to the first boss, and all the loot was rolled on while I was dead because you can't click on "roll" when you are dead

which was unpleasant

what is with that

Oh dear. You can still roll on loot when dead if you press "Page Up" for roll, and "Page Down" for pass.

Maywind wrote: »

which was unpleasant

what is with that

Oh dear. You can still roll on loot when dead if you press "Page Up" for roll, and "Page Down" for pass.

You know, I never understood why they didn't bother putting useful tips like this on the loading screens...

Did you also know that you can move your camera's relative follow position by pressing shift+up/down/left/right?
    Also, your skill combo key can be changed from the space bar so you don't randomly jump in the middle of a fight and get knocked down (you have to change if from the button on the bottom of the skill window, not the keybind option tab).
    And if you take 5 minutes to make a few gear/gem presets, you can quickly swap between them with the shift+1-5 key as long as you are out of combat (run out of combat if a fight looks like it's going south and spam your preset with no gems on =P).

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Re-upped this morning, redownloading the client after a fresh windows install. Going to retire my mystic I'm afraid. Some knob stole my name anyway.
    To be more specific, playing late level mystic was about as fun or interesting as watching paint dry towards the end there. combined with my schedule I just lacked the will to continue.
    More than likely going to concentrate on either my sorc or my berserker

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2012
    You need a character named Montague. Who is my Capulet going to look witty contrasting against if there is no Montague?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    Typical. I get all wound up for a game of Waifus & Dragons and my net conks out due to the storm. I'll be back when Optimum gets their shit back together.

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Thank you to everyone who helped me with the Guild the last months that I have been guild leader! It is time now to hand it off to another guild member- Mookie! We had a great run- and raised over $1000 for Childs Play while we did it! Thanks guys.

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
    edited November 2012
    So I cleaned up the OP a bit. Got rid of the .ini tweaks since they do not work anymore.
    Anything else I need to be adding?

Beezel on
    So I got to 58 and the game is suddenly fun n breezy again? What happen?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Reinstalling since I had rebuilt my computer.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    Yesss the coven is nearly whole once more

Beezel wrote: »
    So I cleaned up the OP a bit. Got rid of the .ini tweaks since they do not work anymore.

Maybe you could mention the enchanting patch? After the patch, enchanting is far more tolerable and is actually not bad now.

Level 58 used to be old level cap, so the zones leading to that like Elenea and Habere are a major pain in the behind because the mobs have so much hp. The moment you hit level 58, you're eligible for Pathfinders and the mobs hereafter have less hp and are a breeze. :)

Maywind wrote: »

Maybe you could mention the enchanting patch? After the patch, enchanting is far more tolerable and is actually not bad now.

Level 58 used to be old level cap, so the zones leading to that like Elenea and Habere are a major pain in the behind because the mobs have so much hp. The moment you hit level 58, you're eligible for Pathfinders and the mobs hereafter have less hp and are a breeze. :)

Actually I need to link to a whole guide about how enchanting and masterworking work now along with that information. There was a .jpg floating around in the old thread that broke it down simple like but damned if I can't find it now. Anyone wanna toss me a bone here?

This discussion has been closed.