As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CYOA] - The Origin of Avian Supremacy - Island Adventure!

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    L, S

Avian

Militaristic

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Ok watching the walking dead and then counting up votes. Notify your friends! Get them to vote!

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Oh no Avian is going to win.
    I am so dissapointed.
    I will probably.
    Never stop crying.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oh no Avian is going to win.
    I am so dissapointed.
    I will probably.
    Never stop crying.

Bring folks over to vote your way then. There is still time!

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'm with Kime. L, N and magical birds.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    zekebeau wrote: »
    Left, South. (@) Magical (3) Reptiles

I just can not resist dinosaurs. Raptors in cloaks, hissing enchantments to bring fire and doom upon the non-scaly. They can even get breath weapons! Dragon/dinosaurs!

Magic is cool as long as you aren't a bug or fish person. Remember, magic is so advanced science can't explain it. So it must logically be better.

Where is the equator? So we know where really hot and really cold places are likely. We have 2 mover per turn. Do you mean 2 on land (like birds) or 2 anywhere (land or sea)?

Sorry for missing this! Once a place is chosen, really hot/cold areas will be noted. volcanoes, tundra, etc. will be evident. Don't want to give too much away before you guys doom yourselves pick a habitable spot!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    That's TRV's way of saying if we pick reptiles, we're screwed

I mean, just look at Earth. You know what reptiles are when they become better?

Birds

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Vote closed! Narration coming

edited November 2012
    RESULTS: Avian race
    Specialization: MAJ. Military MIN. Magical

Stats:
    Military Ability: 2 (+2)
    Magical Ability: 1 (+1)
    Political Ability: 0
    Scientific Ability: 0

Resources:
    Food/Water: 1
    Wood: 0
    Minerals: 0
    Population: 50 (+5% every 2 turns)

IMG_20121104_231810.jpg
    Main Settlement @ N28
    Purple Triangles - Wood
    Orange Circles - Minerals
    Green Wiggles - Food

Happenings!
    Your 'civilization' is largely based on displays of dominance and fighting in order to assert power over one another. Over the course of a few generations, your people begin to realize that if they arm themselves, they will be much better equipped to secure themselves more land and sexier chicks, man. It also comes in handy for hunting and defending your territory from various beasties. Your people have a slight understanding of magic now. Being that you are a race that is able to take to the sky, you've begun figuring out how to control the wind! Pushing intruders away, stunning food with a strong gale, and giving yourself a little boost to carry heavy things is about all your magic is good for now. Who knows what the future may hold though?

Not everyone is able to use magic. Not yet, anyway. What everyone IS able to do, however, is make weapons and armor! One of your more inventive citizens has found that if you use your beak and feet to weave reeds together it makes a pretty durable covering. It's light too, and won't impede your flying. Wings are fragile. Talons, however, are definitely not. One of the more clumsy guys managed to crash into a briarpatch on his way back with food. In his panicked flailing, he managed to cut up some folks pretty well with the thorns embedded in his legs. Maybe you can make these into a sort of weapon to make your kicks pack more punch, so to speak?

TL;DR
    -You have minor knowledge of air magic!
    -You can make reed armor if you get some reeds together
    -You can get some kickass fightin' spurs if you get some thorns and stuff!

DECISION TIME!
    Where would you like to explore? (Direction or coordinate works) - 2 sq. max

Actions
    1) Improve Military Abilities
    2) Improve Magical Abilities
    3) Improve Politics
    4) Improve Science
    5) Make reed armor! (-1 wood)
    6) Make spurs! (-1 wood)
    7) Breed (-1 food, +10% population in 2 turns)
    8) Other! - Specify what

Now you need to name your race!

Erin The Red on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    We are the proud Tengu, because Tengu are awesome.

We should explore M27 (the closest resource) and improve our politics.

If we're going to spread over the lands like an airborne plague, we should probably get organized.

• zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Move to M27
    1) Improve Military
    Name: Cassowaries

sure we take to the skys now. But we have taste of weaponry, and I like it. I say we create a race of warrior monks, specialized in talon combat. As such, I've chosen the name of one of the most vicious and deadly birds for our race.

If anyone comes up with a good enough cock fighting pun, I'd pobably change to support them though.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    We should be The Phoenix.

We should explore M27 and make armor.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    Does moving diagonally count as one square or two?

I imagine us as a chicken-like race and so I propose we name ourselves The Giant Cocks.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I imagine us as a chicken-like race and so I propose we name ourselves The Giant Cocks.

Since we can't be dino-people this is really the next best thing.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Since we can explore two squares...M27 via N27, 6) use the wood to make Spurs!

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Guys. Guys.

The Mighty Ducks.

Kaplar on
    We are the master Arian Avian race.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Kaplar has revealed unto us the correct answer: The Mighty Ducks

• zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Giant cocks is too obvious, Kaplar's Mighty ducks is pretty nice. Capfalcon's Tengu sounded odd until I wiki'd it.
    wikipedia wrote:
    Buddhism long held that the tengu were disruptive demons and harbingers of war.

Perfect for military murder birds.

Kaplar wrote: »
    We are the master Arian Avian race.

FLIGHT POWER!
    FLIGHT POWER!
    FLIGHT POWER!

Was this world ever in a Pangea-like state with the lips of continents Dickwizard and Gorillascreams interlocked? Are they drifting apart due to a lover's quarrel?

• TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    M-27 needs exploring, science needs inventing

Tiphareth on
    Does moving diagonally count as one square or two?

Just one
    Was this world ever in a Pangea-like state with the lips of continents Dickwizard and Gorillascreams interlocked? Are they drifting apart due to a lover's quarrel?

I hate you sometimes

So yes?

Guys, we haven't met anything yet, we don't need to make armor yet. We need to expand for resources, and up our tech.

SC-terms, we are not going to 6-pool! Tech while we have the opportunity.

Also, screw politics. We are a flying, magical race of war-birds. I don't think negotiating is high on our priority list when we encounter other species. They will be our slaves!

SE to food
    Improve military

Steam profile
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    neat!

Langly on
  • jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    We are the proud Tengu, because Tengu are awesome.

Tengu does seem like a fitting name. Are we all crow people? Or have numerous species evolved into a coherent civilization? Cranes would seem like a fitting political caste. Do we have a leader? I'd assume it would be the largest, most powerful among us, given our military focus.

I agree with @Kime that this is the time to tech up. But I'd rather focus on magic. Mostly because I want Raven Shadow-Assassins :).

SE to food
    Improve magic

I'm OK with Magic, it was my initial preference :D

Steam profile
    As far as population diversity goes, you guys can decide how the classes (if there are any) etc are broken up and arranged. At the moment, you're all savages living in a group of nests. So don't get too fancy :P

Move south-east to the food. Improve military.

Who needs weapons and armour if our society is so adapted for war, everyone has laser eyes? That's what improving military will get us right?

Being that you are a race that is able to take to the sky, you've begun figuring out how to control the wind!

Pidgey learned Gust.

So yes?

Unfortunately, nobody thinks of the real victims in this continental battle. Poor skull island has been to so many custody hearings he's beginning to lose it.
    Why do you think he dresses up like a skull anyway? It's his only way of expressing his pain.

edited November 2012
    So yes?

Unfortunately, nobody thinks of the real victims in this continental battle. Poor skull island has been to so many custody hearings he's beginning to lose it.
    Why do you think he dresses up like a skull anyway? It's his only way of expressing his pain.

So you're saying he's a skull kid?
    SkullKid.png

Kaplar on
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Hello yes I have returned and I like the name Tengu for the meaning and us being a multi-race group of avians.

I agree on moving to Food and working on gathering resources.

Magic will help us with more things, when we discover other things to fight we should focus on military and things, but we need to work on economy.

Also, the colors you say the resources and things are really arn't? They all look the same color. Is it because you just used the same pen or the camera?

Retaba wrote: »
    Also, the colors you say the resources and things are really arn't? They all look the same color. Is it because you just used the same pen or the camera?

I colored them after I took the picture, and couldn't get it to cooperate afterwards. So from here on out, you'll see colors on stuff!

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    The Giant Cocks

M27, and 7) BREED

never stop breeding, thats the unknown secret to these games

i know this because i am currently running a CYOA over in SE++, and what those fools dont know is that if they dont breed like crazy for the next few turns, they're gonna be wiped out by a new race of cyborgs

im safe saying this here though, because there's literally no chance those guys will ever come over here, or you will go over there

its gonna be so great

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    The Giant Cocks

M27, and 7) BREED

never stop breeding, thats the unknown secret to these games

i know this because i am currently running a CYOA over in SE++, and what those fools dont know is that if they dont breed like crazy for the next few turns, they're gonna be wiped out by a new race of cyborgs

im safe saying this here though, because there's literally no chance those guys will ever come over here, or you will go over there

its gonna be so great

This is super true. Peons only have access to one thread at a time! Bwahahahah!
    Secret is safe with me! ;)

Oh hey look at the time! I just have to go do something that just popped up in my memory right now.
    I'll be back in a bit!