As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WWE 13] Whoa, hey. Whoa, hey. Whoa, hey. Whoa, hey.

redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
wwe13_crop_650x440.jpg?1350596928

The roster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xP6Wim2BY

New Legacy:

A group of guys that stream the game and seemingly break it every time they play. Absolutely hilarious and I recommend you follow them on Twitter to be notified when they stream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3tjw39_gWc&feature=BFa&list=UU5iCLgl2ccta5MqTf2VU8bQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXH1m1dyCt4&feature=BFa&list=UU5iCLgl2ccta5MqTf2VU8bQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxkEKh0LC28&feature=BFa&list=UU5iCLgl2ccta5MqTf2VU8bQ

Discuss your created wrestlers, story mode creations, things you found in Community Creations (which works this year), and more!

bYf6vNQ.png
Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I started a ton of work on a Slenderman story.

A6xcr6jCAAE2znl.jpg:large
    (From my story mode)

A6wNuqECAAAHJD6.jpg:large
    (Just testing out Slender here)

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Iceman2343Iceman2343 The sun went down with practiced bravado. Bel Air, MarylandRegistered User regular
    I'm glad they actually fixed the servers this time. It was annoying not being able to access custom stuff unless you were on at like 3 in the morning.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just picked up WWE 12 recently. The story mode is pretty awful, so it's good to hear WWE 13 be praised for the Attitude story stuff.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I haven't even touched the Attitude Era story mode stuff yet. I am really digging the story creation stuff.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Might have to rent this, as I tried '12 but just didn't like the story mode, and making my own guy and putting him through story mode is my main draw to these games.

Snake Gandhi on
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Yeah so, how good is the story mode for WWE13? Because based on it alone I'm tempted to send Frank West or Mike Haggar through it. Bearing it mind I haven't played a wrestling game since... Smackdown 2: Know Your Role.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    While I can't see myself paying full price for it, the story mode sounds promising that I might grab it on sale sometime. It's really a shame they disbanded the team that made All Stars because I would have loved a sequel to it - I play it at least a few times a week still. If they could have just increased the roster and the items for the Create a Wrestler I would have bought - that and added good Tag Teams.

Does WWE13 have downloadable user creations without having to unlock certain body parts/items? That would likely be enough to sell me. I'd love to be able to create an entire league of classic 80's wrestlers - especially the tag teams that never seem to make the cut like the Killer Bees, Strike Force, Rougeau Brothers, British Bulldogs, etc.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I don't think I've enjoyed a WWE wrestling game since Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain. After that game, THQ began introducing more and more (terrible) voice work that forced them to limit the story mode that made HCtP great.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even look at Smackdown games anymore, so disgusted have I become with the whole franchise. But this? Maybe.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Awesome, there's a thread for this now!

I tend to play the WWE games every year. If I don't buy them, I at least rent them to check it out. I gotta say, if you're a fan of the THQ/Yukes games, this is probably their best one yet. I actually have very few complaints.

The gameplay is what it is. It's not No Mercy, but I still have fun with it, and it does capture the current WWE wrestling well. I would like more grapple options, as it still doesn't seem like there's enough of them, and I have a REALLY hard time irish whipping opponents to the turnbuckles. Half the time I just end up sending them to the ropes.

One new thing they added this year are catch finishers- basically, if you have a finisher stored up, certain wrestlers will be able to do a mid air finish if you press triangle just as your opponent jumps off the turnbuckle. It's kind of a pain to set it up, as you have to irish whip your opponent to the turnbuckle, lift him to a seated position and then hope he tries to do an off the rope move rather than get back down. But I had it done to me a couple of times when I wasn't expecting it, and it's a really cool moment. I wish they had more finishers though. The only catch finishers are the codebreaker, superkick, chokeslam, Attitude Adjustment, Tombstone Pile driver, RKO, and GTS.

This is also the first year I've tried downloading stuff and I was pleasantly surprised how painless it was. It's still kind of a trip remembering the PS1/N64 era and how I would download CAW instructions off gamefaq and spent hours replicating wrestlers. Now, in five minutes I had pretty good replicas of AJ styles, Angle, Benoit, El Generico, and Tigermask. Not to mention a WCW Nitro, Fist Smackdown, and Wrestlemania 2000 arenas.

But the real shining star so far has been the Attitude single player game. I knew it was going to focus on the attitude era and some of the wrestlers, but figured it was going to be much like the previous games, in that you have an option of selecting between several wrestlers's storylines. Instead, the game leads you down a path that tries to tell the story of the Attitude Era and Monday Night Wars. So you start off with the formation of DX, which leads to the Rise of Austin, then play a bit of Kane/Undertaker, and I'm currently in the Rock's story. I'm guessing/hoping the last one is Mankind. Between matches, you occasionally get video snippets, which are either taken off previous docs or made for the game, and as per the WWE's style, are really well done.

Oh, and it's not for everyone, but having the option to pay 1.99 to unlock almost everything in the game is a godsend for someone like me that always puts off creating their own wrestler for fear their just one match away from unlocking a really cool move. They also have a season pass that automatically gets you DDP, Too Cool, Rikishi, and Val Venis, the unlock everything code, and promise of continued DLC with the likes of Cesario, AJ, and Ryback.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    A couple people in here expressed interested in taking a CAW through story mode. You actually can't. Story mode this time around is playing through the actual storylines from late 97 through early 99. So you'll do things like play as HBK to screw Bret Hart at Survivor Series, and huck Mankind off the HIAC as Undertaker.

The season pass, right now, gets you Too Cool, Rikishi, Val Venis, Gangrel, and both DDP and Goldust are exclusive if you get the season pass. Here is a list of everything that is coming out.
    Content Group #1 – “Attitude Era” Superstars Pack

“Attitude Era” Superstars Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, Grand Master Sexay, Gangrel and Val Venis – Accelerator – enables players to unlock all in-game items, as well as customize individual WWE Superstar attributes
    Each WWE Superstar will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or £0.59 via PlayStation Network.
    The Accelerator will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or £1.59 via PlayStation Network.
    All content is currently scheduled for release on October 30, 2012 in North America.

Content Group # 2 – WWE Superstars Pack

WWE Superstars Tensai, Ryback, Drew McIntyre and Yoshi Tatsu
    WWE Divas AJ Lee and Natalya
    Undertaker “Ministry of Darkness” alternate attire
    Championship Title Pack – 10 new championships from WWE, WCW®, ECW® and AWA®.
    The Undertaker “Ministry of Darkness” alternate attire will be available free of charge
    Each WWE Superstar and Diva will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or £0.59 via PlayStation Network.
    The Championship Title Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or £1.59 via PlayStation Network.
    All content is currently scheduled for release in December 2012

Content Group #3 – You’re Welcome in Five Languages Pack

WWE Superstars Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso
    WWE Diva Layla
    “Attitude Era” Legends Brian Pillman and Chainsaw Charlie
    Moves Pack – 20 new moves, including the Lionsault (made popular by Chris Jericho) and the Kimura Lock (made popular by Brock Lesnar)
    WWE Diva Layla will be available free of charge
    Each WWE Superstar will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or £0.59 via PlayStation Network.
    The Moves Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or £1.59 via PlayStation Network.
    All content is currently scheduled for release in January 2013

bYf6vNQ.png
  • McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    What? No The Lethal Weapon Steve Blackman DLC!?

edited November 2012
    Haha. There are a ton of guys I would've loved to have as DLC. While this is WWE 12 in the video, I am sure you can find a creation just as good online for WWE 13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4Wj37eWYo

edit: *Crosses fingers that story mode doesn't freeze a third time in the same spot when trying to edit/save*

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    There are really people pining for Steve Blackman? Wow.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEaWKzq8iF0

In other news I didn't like this game at all. I think I managed fifteen minutes of playing it and then another ten of watching other people play at my friends house before I had to go and do other stuff.
    I can see why other people might like it but it's still not for me.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

In all fairness, most of my affection for the man stems from his stint as Al Snow's tag team partner.

edited November 2012
    Don't get me wrong, Steve Blackman was/is a fantastic martial artist, but as a wrestler he just had no ring presence or charisma.

Al Snow, however, should have been world champion forever.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    No, Al should have been Tag Team Champions with is partner HEAD.

edited November 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOy3Gm1nxfE

Go to about 3:15 for Al Snow.

edit: So, I made a glitch in Story Mode creation.

I have a match start mid-match. Condition to win his get the opponent in a critical state. So, I beat them up and hit my finisher. The game wants to show the triple replay, while my story mode is supposed to transition right away into the next scene. Well, the game goes black (trying to transition), comes back and shows a replay, and then goes black again, failing to transition and freezes every time. Done it three times in a row.

Now I have to change my win condition. Arg.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Man, I haven't played a wrestling game since Smackdown on the PS1.
    But damn if this doesn't look good.

edited November 2012
    Oh my God! What's that behind you!?

A6_N17QCEAIDpiN.jpg:large

I should be done in a day or two.

edit: This game freezes so much when creating a story mode story.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Alrighty, I bought this.
    Not too sure how grappling works in this game though. The "manual" isn't really helpful.
    Seems pretty solid though.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Really pleasantly surprised that this game actually seems to be quality. Giantbomb gave it 4 stars (they been specially harsh on the previous games) and Noir's impressions make it sound really good.

Right now I got AC3 and NFS:MW to play through, but I'll probably be picking this up soon enough.

Rizzi wrote: »
    Alrighty, I bought this.
    Not too sure how grappling works in this game though. The "manual" isn't really helpful.

Basically when you initiate a grapple you have four different states that depend on what direction you pressed when doing it. From there, you press grapple and a direction again to do different moves. Four states, each with five grapple moves each(there's one for just pressing the button without a direction). Also, if you hold the L1/LB down while in a grapple state, the limb targeting system comes up and you can press different buttons to do specific moves to certain body parts.

Strong grapple moves happen when you go to grapple someone while they're stunned.

Holding the button instead of pressing it to do a move will go for a submission hold.

• truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    so where do you get community creations? are any up? is it in the Xbox Live menu option?

I tried last night as I just got the game after a week of New Jersey hurricane fun and my preorder being locked in a power outage Gamestop. I tried going into the Xbox Live menu and got an error message and bounced back to the main menu saying it was unavailable at this time.

And seeing Sandow and Cesaro in the very last content pack is tough... they are easily two of the highest ranked guys I want to use on my list.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    THQ went and removed the number one CAW on the downloads.

You can probably guess why.

I'll admit, I had to google to find out who...it does sort of concern me if they're going to be heavily policing CAW downloads. I mean, this one was obvious, but are they going to remove older wrestlers they don't have the rights to or fictional characters that they don't have the license to? I remember Marvel and DC being pretty popular in prior games for CAWs.

edited November 2012
    Cade wrote: »
    THQ went and removed the number one CAW on the downloads.

You can probably guess why.

According to the Gamespot forum, they just took him out the "What's Hot section". Supposedly you can still find him in the 'Most Downloadable" one.

And I can't blame them if they start removing CAWS. I mean, there's some stuff in the creator that is CLEARLY there only so you can build wrestlers that are no longer in the WWE. I know that they would probably get lynched if it wasn't, but at the same time, I'm wondering if some crafty lawyer wouldn't kill for that type of case.

noir_blood on
    Was it Kirk Angel?

steam_sig.png

so where do you get community creations? are any up? is it in the Xbox Live menu option?

You go to Xbox Live and then Community Creations. I haven't had an issue going to the Xbox Live stuff yet. I know some people said they get booted to the main menu on their first try but then everything is fine.

You can search by type of dlc, what's hot, most recent, etc. You can also put in search terms.

bYf6vNQ.png
    So who was removed? You guys can say the name you know.

They removed Chris Benoit.

Shit. Say his name two more times and he's going to show up and cripple us all.

I laughed and am now going to hell.

That is kind of dumb that they would remove him. I mean, people can just keep uploading him I assume.

New Legacy had a zombie Benoit that they were using last week. One uses a Christmas Benoit created guy too. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Crispin Wah.

steam_sig.png

Rizzi wrote: »
    Alrighty, I bought this.

Basically when you initiate a grapple you have four different states that depend on what direction you pressed when doing it. From there, you press grapple and a direction again to do different moves. Four states, each with five grapple moves each(there's one for just pressing the button without a direction). Also, if you hold the L1/LB down while in a grapple state, the limb targeting system comes up and you can press different buttons to do specific moves to certain body parts.

Strong grapple moves happen when you go to grapple someone while they're stunned.

Holding the button instead of pressing it to do a move will go for a submission hold.
    Oh wow. That's surprisingly deep.

I'm still trying to not press the LS when activating a finisher. Or else Ziggler keeps using a sleeper hold and CM Punk keeps trying to make people with massive head injuries tap. Well, I guess the Anaconda Vice and GTS affect the same area, but still.

steam_sig.png

Yea, I have that issue too. Ha. When are we never pressing on the left stick?!

My story mode stuff should be completed by the end of tomorrow and will be uploaded shortly after. I'll let you know the name and what tags it has. Be gentle. It is my first story and I have evolving plans for the future of it. The whole thing is...ridiculous. Haha. I tried to take a Slenderman story seriously and, well, screw it. It is stupid and fun.

Being able to change camera angles and vacate spots in scenes makes for some pretty good stuff to get creative with.

bYf6vNQ.png