As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] 3rd Annual PAX-East Day at The American Classic Arcade Museum 11/17/12

mpsmps Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in PAX East
On Saturday, November 17th 2012, The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot will be holding our 3rd Annual PAX-East Day. Join your fellow PAX-East attendees for a day of classic arcade gaming and fun inside the largest arcade in the world.

We have a special offer. Show up wearing a PAX-East shirt, scarf, or even wear your PAX-East badge and get $10 in free tokens. Just come to the table we will have set up inside of ACAM entrance on the 3rd floor for your free tokens. You will be required to show a photo ID for your free tokens. For additional tokens, print out the coupon at the link below for a special deal -- 150 game tokens for $20!

funspotnh.com/mws-coupon.htm

PAX-East Day will take place Saturday, November 17th, 2012 from noon until closing. This is great opportunity to game with other PAX-East attendees and start the countdown for PAX-East 2013. We will also take some group photos of everyone that attends.

Hailed as “The Mecca of Classic Gaming” by MSNBC and "One of the shrines every sports fan should visit" by ESPN: The Magazine, The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot is the first 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and displaying vintage coin-operated amusements. Located on the third floor of the immense Funspot Family Entertainment Super Center, the museum celebrates the origins of the arcade industry with popular games from the past. Asteroids, Pac-Man, Centipede and Gorgar are just a few of the over 300 games currently on display & available for play in the Museum. The museum also contains static displays of game history and the walls feature many posters of vintage arcade games.

The Funspot Family Entertainment Super Center is located on Route 3 in Weirs Beach, NH. The facility was founded in 1952 by Bob Lawton and has been continuously operated by him and his family ever since. The 60,000 square foot center features over 500 games, 20 bowling lanes, a miniature golf course, a 400-seat Bingo hall, a restaurant, the D.A. Long Tavern, and the new Monkey Trunks Zipline Adventure Park. In June of 2008, Guinness World Records named Funspot the largest arcade in the world.

The American Classic Arcade Museum and Funspot are open year-round.

More information on the facility, directions & lodging options can be found at ClassicArcadeMuseum.org & funspotnh.com

The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot
579 Endicott Street North
Laconia, NH 03246

mps on

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    What if I wear my Pax Prime shirt?

• Options
    mpsmps Registered User regular
    I think we can make an exception for that. :)

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Damn.. if this wasn't 6 hours away, I'd be all over it. I'll make it up by spending a ridiculous amount of time at your spot in PAX East 2013 :)

• Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Likewise, I'm 12 hours away, so I can't make this, but spending some quality time with the Funspot cabinets is one of the things I'm looking forward to at PAX East '13.

• Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    I'm definitely going to make my way there.

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Assuming I can get the day off from work and nothing goes horribly wrong this year we will be there. Is there any limit on the number of deals per family? If my wife, son and I all show up wearing PAX items can we each get tokens or only one of us?

• Options
    plasterpawprintplasterpawprint Registered User new member
    I'm in Manchester! We're so there!

• Options
    koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    I'm in state but it's still like 3 hours away from where I live. Went to acam last summer though awsome place.

• Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'm totally going to this, especially because it's on my birthday!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I'm in, and i'll probably have some other PAXers with me

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    violetvoltagevioletvoltage Registered User regular
    I can't make this, I have a wedding that weekend in Delaware, but I love the idea, and I didn't even know about the museum (although we have a similar one in jersey for pinball, so im sure its just as much fun)-will anything be held closer to the convention date? I plan on definitely making it a destination this year!

• Options
    I can't make this, I have a wedding that weekend in Delaware, but I love the idea, and I didn't even know about the museum (although we have a similar one in jersey for pinball, so im sure its just as much fun)-will anything be held closer to the convention date? I plan on definitely making it a destination this year!

ACAM always has an area at PAX, usually one of the larger rooms, and its always AWESOME!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Indeed, the ACAM room at PAX East is always one of my favorite parts of the show. I wish I was in the area so I could make it to this.

• Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    I'll only go if Walter Day or Steve Wiebe are there.

Kidding: This sounds fun! I'll see what I can do to get there!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    one of my favorite places on earth! I'm def gonna try and make it this year, already sent out an e-mail to my friends to try and get a group trip going. Can't wait!

• Options
    Brew78Brew78 Registered User regular
    The massive irony is that this very day I'm helping my girlfriend move. Out of Meredith. Which is the next town over from Weirs.

Ah well. Play some TMNT for me.

• Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    yup, definitely going to this. got a group of ppl, an suv with built in dvd player, and some arcade/video game themed movies. best mini road trip ever!

• Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    I should be there. Under two hour drive for me. Definitely one of my favorite places, in fact, I was just there in August. (And their arcade room at PAX East is always a favorite. The games... the music... really takes an 80s game nerd back. ) :lol:

• Options
    If anyone else from the Boston area needs a ride, I've got a couple seats available in my vehicle.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I just wanted to thank you guys at ACAM for putting this on, my family and I had an absolute blast that day.