As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Party at Sealab Party (updated 7/10)

• JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Recruit wrote: »
    atray wrote: »
    I also vote for Mardok Commands It!

Are you sure thats how it is spelled? I have seen it spelled Marduk as well.

Not sure, I have seen Mardok, Mardock, Marduk and Mardoch. I like the Mardok spelling myself. It's simple and inelegant, like the slayer of Tiamat would have.

Sealab's official Mardok approves of Mardok.

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I know we had an alcohol exchange thread here, but that referred to the general populace and their likes and dislikes in booze. I now believe we should discuss what people could/would be bringing with them to Sealab, if indeed they feel like contributing to the debauchery.

My List: Butterscotch Schnapps, Bailey's Irish Cream and a handle of Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum.

Officer on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    • Knob Creek 100 proof, aged 9 years Kentucky Straight Bourbon
    • Smirnoff 100 proof Vodka
    • Everclear 190 proof grain alcohol
    • Kahlua
    • Root Beer Schnapps

I have a recipe for a drink called "Bebop Cola" based off of the Flaming Dr. Pepper with a few key changes:
    • 1/2 shot Root Beer Schnapps
    • 1/2 shot Everclear
    • Half glass of beer
    Drop shot of everclear/root beer schnapps into beer and drink fast.

edit: the Kahlua is for White Russians, because who doesn't like them some White Russians, find me that person and I'll call them a liar.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• nequamnequam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I would very much like to partake in this party and find the previous list very agreeable.
    I plan to bring Becherovka: liquid gigngerbread cookies....with alcohol...mmm.
    Unless anyone has any other specific drink requests from Europe. Doesn't seem to be much people flying in from this way.

General drink preferences for me: various strong alcohol(tequila :) ) + lots of juice/mixers.

woohoo, not a lurker anymore.

nequam on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    nequam wrote: »
    Unless anyone has any other specific drink requests from Europe.

Absynthe? :D

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • nequamnequam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Liger wrote: »
    Absynthe? :D
    Let's restrict that offer to liquids that will not result in the removal of that liqour, or worse removal of me at the border.

nequam on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If I can figure out a way to make it that isn't a total mess or PITA, I'll bring my homemade Skittles Vodka (which I mentioned in the other booze thread). If not, I'll probably bring Jagermeister and Barenjager.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Root Beer Schnapps

I salute you, MoeFwacky! Rootbeer schnapps is quite possibly the greatest liquor ever.

Speaking of European booze, if I could (damn you Drinking Age and border crossings) I would bring Croatian Plum Brandy... wicked powerful stuff, often homebrewed in 2L pop bottles and sold in street markets, but also produced in a respectable manner and damn is it ever good.

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    • Knob Creek 100 proof, aged 9 years Kentucky Straight Bourbon
    • Smirnoff 100 proof Vodka
    • Everclear 190 proof grain alcohol
    • Kahlua
    • Root Beer Schnapps

I have a recipe for a drink called "Bebop Cola" based off of the Flaming Dr. Pepper with a few key changes:
    • 1/2 shot Root Beer Schnapps
    • 1/2 shot Everclear
    • Half glass of beer
    Drop shot of everclear/root beer schnapps into beer and drink fast.

edit: the Kahlua is for White Russians, because who doesn't like them some White Russians, find me that person and I'll call them a liar.

We are making Flaming Moe's , I got the recipe.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • PersopolianPersopolian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is anyone still messaging out maps to this party? I don't wanna miss it.

Persopolian on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll bring the fixins for my pitcher o' booze. It still needs a new name, as it's been modified since it was found online. Maybe we can come up with something at Sealab?

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I plan on doing a liquor run when I arrive in Seattle. Moe (or whoever is keeping track of what has not been spoken for), you can message me a couple bottles and I will pick them up. I am also able to pick up Everclear.

PeasantDave on
    edited July 2007
    I would recommend picking up whatever it is you would prefer to drink. It's not really necessary to fill in our gaps, unless you're doing it with something you like (or have a crap-load of money budgeted for PAX weekend alcohol). So whatever you feel is good, is good.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WARP CORE BREACH BUCKET BITCHES!

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Me and my friend are bringing a bottle of everclear. If anyone from England can pick me up at least one 6-pack of "K" Cider I will gladly pay you for it.

atray on
  • TheOnlyVenomTheOnlyVenom Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a room that I am renting out in the same hotel, and would be glad to extend it to my room if the rooms get too crowded. Just a thought. Also, I need to find out what room/rooms this is going to be in. And is this going to be 420 friendly?

TheOnlyVenom on
    edited July 2007
    I think we've got things handled on our end, but feel free to throw your own hotel party. There's definitely no shortage of those going on at PAX and no shortage of people who want to party. We don't have our room number yet, as they tend to hand those out at check-in, but we do have a suite, and from what we've been told, there is one suite on most floors (all but 5 I think) and it's elevator adjacent.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    BigRed wrote: »

Jaiden on

• TheOnlyVenomTheOnlyVenom Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No no, by all means, I don't want to, I was just trying to be helpful. Sounds like it'll be a bucket of fun. And about being 420 friendly.....no word?

TheOnlyVenom on
    edited July 2007
    Correct me if I get any of this wrong but,
    • Bacardi Select
    • Bacardi Dark
    • Bacardi 151
    • Bacardi Limon
    • Captain Morgan (because they don't make Bacardi Spice anymore)
    • Razzmatazz Raspberry Liquer

Mix well
    Add 1 part mix to 3-4 parts Sobe Power
    Add ice and dry ice
    Drink with straw

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    No no, by all means, I don't want to, I was just trying to be helpful. Sounds like it'll be a bucket of fun. And about being 420 friendly.....no word?

Um... that is illegal so no.

BigRed on
    edited July 2007

The party will not be 420 friendly, considering that's illegal, and we're trying to not get arrested and/or thrown out.

Jaiden on

• GodfatherXGodfatherX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my crew [360style.net] hopes to be there, hope to run into you all, we are looking to be extremely busy, but im sure we will get info somehow

GodfatherX on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I feel drawn to awesome things, like this. So I shall come.

Dee Kae on
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Correct me if I get any of this wrong but,
    • Bacardi Select
    • Bacardi Dark
    • Bacardi 151
    • Bacardi Limon
    • Captain Morgan (because they don't make Bacardi Spice anymore)
    • Razzmatazz Raspberry Liquer

Mix well
    Add 1 part mix to 3-4 parts Sobe Power
    Add ice and dry ice
    Drink with straw

This drink sounds awesome

atray on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jaiden wrote: »

The party will not be 420 friendly, considering that's illegal, and we're trying to not get arrested and/or thrown out.

Nobody mentioned that to the guys on the balcony last year.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited August 2007

Eh, I wasn't at Sealab last year, but if I'm sober enough to see people doing something stupid/illegal enough to call down hotel security/the 5-0 on us, I'm gonna get the Technomancer Press guy in the bathroom to help me swirly them until they see the errors of their ways.

Jaiden on

edited August 2007

Eh, I wasn't at Sealab last year, but if I'm sober enough to see people doing something stupid/illegal enough to call down hotel security/the 5-0 on us, I'm gonna get the Technomancer Press guy in the bathroom to help me swirly them until they see the errors of their ways.

This is what it comes down to. I could probably smoke all of the so called "420 friendly" people under the table. Ok , fuck probably, I know I can. However. The Sealab Party is open to a slew of people and will be too large to do so. We gotta live in that place for the rest of PAX and do not want to be kicked out. So unless you are a millionaire with a mansion for us to spend the rest of the weekend in , the idea is moot.

Doors will open after the concert. I have 20 requests for maps, pm me if you want one. The maps will go out by Monday. PAX is coming, can you smell the love?

randomguy on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Heyyyyy is anyone bringing mixers? I can bring liquor and some stuff, and I'd love to introduce people to my favorite drink of summer: The Crying Jamie. Here's a list of what I'm thinking of bringing:

Vodka
    -Stoli Strasberi
    -Stoli Vanil
    -Pearl
    -Pearl Pomegranate

Rum
    -Bacardi Coco

Mixers
    Canada Dry
    Coke (reg & Vanilla)

Other
    Yukon Jack
    Limes

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I may have said it before, but I am sooooooo looking forward to his.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited August 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I may have said it before, but I am sooooooo looking forward to his.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaame.

So hey, name something for me to bring, within a twenty dollar limit, cause I'm poor, poorer even but still want to be courteous.

Dee Kae on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We'll be bringing 2 bottles of 100 proof vodka, to add!.....we'd bring more but we're poor:(

Shade on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm bringing Jellyfish:

2 parts Curacao
    1 parts Grenadine
    a splash of Lemonade

Pour over a spoon into a small glass so it layers.
    Enjoy.

Is eating cheating, because I vote we all pitch in for some pizza as well.
    Also, what is people's position on blenders? We could make some really good stuff with all the alcohol and some ice.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    While I no need of blenders in establishing a connoisseur's corner, pizza must be accomplished at any cost. I would totally throw in for that.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited August 2007
    While I no need of blenders in establishing a connoisseur's corner, pizza must be accomplished at any cost. I would totally throw in for that.

Since no one suggested anything, I'll opt out for this. ;D

Dee Kae on
    edited August 2007
    Trillian wrote: »
    I'm bringing Jellyfish:

2 parts Curacao
    1 parts Grenadine
    a splash of Lemonade

Pour over a spoon into a small glass so it layers.
    Enjoy.

Is eating cheating, because I vote we all pitch in for some pizza as well.
    Also, what is people's position on blenders? We could make some really good stuff with all the alcohol and some ice.

You are a genius, and now that you mention blenders, I will bring mine from home. Speaking of blending you reminded me about Capt Coke Float smoothies. So good. I need to find out how the sinks are height wise in this hotel. If anyone knows, let me know. Blender will probably need to be rinsed for multiple usage.

randomguy on
    edited August 2007
    WILL IT BLEND?!

BigRed on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    (Fictional story involving blenders and airline travel.)

Airport security: I am sorry sir. You can't take that blender on the plane.

Me: Why not?

Airport security: It can be used as a weapon.

Me: How? It is not battery operated and even if it was, how am I supposed to convince someone to stick their hand into a running blender?

Airport security: The fact remains sir, you can't take it on the plane.

Me: You just want my blender don't you? Do you know how long it took me to find such a great blender?

Airport security: Sir, if you don't clam down, we will restrain you and you will miss your flight.

Me: Fine. Keep the blender. I hope one day it launches a chunk of ice into your eye.

(I leave)

Airport security over walkie talkie: I just confiscated a blender over at check point B12. Bring over the alcohol you guys have confiscated at your check points, we're gonna get toh up!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    More blender awesomeness:
    In the movie "Enemy Of The State", Will Smith played a man with a passion for blending. His blender of choice: The Kitchen Aid Ultra Power Blender. When you feel the urge to blend, consider yourself lucky if this is the blender you reach for.

That quote is from this website:
    http://www.epinions.com/content_7632752260

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Eating is not cheating.

Eating is decreasing the odds of passed out sick people that we have to stuff into cabs later. :)

Anyone know of any good pizza places in Seattle? Pickup or delivery?

DoNotPursueLuBu: You could also take your $20 and bring cheap party food. Tortilla Chips, salsa. Or hit a QFC and get creative.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
This discussion has been closed.